Goldman Sachs Reviews

Alle 1.143 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Great People, Poor work life balance
Prime Brokerage Operations - Control Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT1 mei 2018
Great people, great experience, poor work life balance, upper management doesn't provide the support, or correct number of people needed to run businesses and provide an enjoyable work environment.
Arrogant Culture
Vice President, Development Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ1 mei 2018
There is an inherant belief inside the company that working at Goldman Sachs is everyone's dream job and that being there will be the absolute pinnacle of your career.
Success culture
FICC Capital Optimisation - Global Manager - VP (huidige medewerker) –  London29 april 2018
The management and people of Goldman Sachs strive to create and maintain an environment that cultivates success.

The firm operates a distinctly lean and demanding operating model which, when combined with support and resources, creates a platform from which to excel.

I have primarily enjoyed working at the firm because of its focus on the development of its people and team culture. I have been constantly challenged to improve, both professionally and personally and feel that I have been well recognised and rewarded for my contributions - even from a junior level.

The lean operating model does put pressure on maintaining work/life balance but the firm is open to accommodating flexible working arrangements where needed.
Pluspunten
Career progression, Meritocracy, Empowered at all levels, culture of success, teamwork
Minpunten
Lean operation model puts significant pressure on maintaining work life balance
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Report Babysitter
Java Programmer Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT27 april 2018
The job was advertised as Java Programming but most of the time, I wound up monitoring the weekly/biweekly production of a report. I wrote a few Java apps while I was there but did no wheres near the coding I wanted to do... so I left.
Standard corporate America environment - you're on your own
Bedrijfscultuur
A challenging and conducive workplace
Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  india27 april 2018
The management is extremely approachable, from your colleagues to the Partners at the company. The workplace will offer you as much as you ask of it- push yourself and you will definitely be rewarded
Workplace culture
Speechwriter, Office of the Chairman (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY27 april 2018
While the working environment provides terrific opportunity for professional development and personal growth, I did not feel supported in having a healthy work/life balance. I felt obligated to work 12+ hour days and be available 24/7.
Bedrijfscultuur
Challenging but collaborative work environment
Senior Analyst, Private Wealth Management (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka25 april 2018
Challenging but collaborative work environment. Long working hours but typical for an investment bank. Culture is team and manager dependent. Formal growth structure.
N/a
Financial Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA24 april 2018
I believe that working for the company gave me a great experience and wonderful insight into the industry. I would highly recommend any jobs from this company to my friends.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great exposure to alot of different equipment a good learning experience
Data Center Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Bridgewater, NJ24 april 2018
Great exposure to alot of different equipment a good learning experience. Great people to work for willing to go ot of there way to help when needed.You receive your work orders and put together you equipment and cable along with the tools you need and then complete your job. Also testing with levels 1,2,3 running cable and troubleshooting with them.
Clean environment
None to think of.
competitive
Lead and managed (voormalige medewerker) –  Dubai21 april 2018
challenging, cut throat, long hours but financially rewarding. Brilliant minds, and always room to learn however must be highly independent and analytical to succeed.
Bedrijfscultuur
great company to work for
Operations Support Analyst / Datacenter Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 april 2018
great company to work for. the management staff was easy to work for, there was also a lot of paid time off, but did not make up for the long week hours.
Crazy Work Environemt but great Culture
Executive Assistant to Managing Director and team (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY20 april 2018
Management is very bad on instruction and what is needed. Most are very passive aggressive.There's a difference between mind reading and being proactive. But the overall culture and perks of the company are great. I'd recommend working there if you can get with a great MD and team. Someone who will communicate with you on a daily basis. If not, it's going to be rough working there.
Great Culture, Benefits and Perks
Minpunten
Management is too passive aggressive, no clear instruction, they expect you to be mind readers, there's a difference between mind readers and proactive.
Great Place to Work
Technical Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY12 april 2018
I had the pleasure of working with some of the brightest people I've ever met in my life. The work is rewarding. Learned a lot from colleagues. This is the best place I've ever worked.
Pay
Bedrijfscultuur
You’ll always be pushed to do more...and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing
Vice President (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY12 april 2018
Great place to work, but there is an expectation of being available and attainable 24x7. Your career and your progression is mostly up to you - and hard work and commitment to the firm is rewarded.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Review
prefer not to say (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT11 april 2018
Work can be tedious and repetitive. Interesting opportunities with GS Talks to hear from people of different backgrounds and perspectives. Interesting place to work a couple of years, but not a place I want to spend my career.
Fast-paced and competitive
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  London, Greater London8 april 2018
Full of athletes and very fast-paced. A greta learning experience and a lot of room for growth. Training initiatives in place and focus from top management on these.
Great place
Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX5 april 2018
Great place to work, but definitely challenging place to work. Good pay and benefits. Culture depends on team and management. Fast pace environment. Can be overwhelming.
Challenging environment
Equity Client Services Associate (huidige medewerker) –  London3 april 2018
Challenging working environment - great for new joiners to the industry. Great training of BAU tasks and transferable skills. Management lack the ability to motivate staff appropriately when the ask is very high. Fast paced and exciting. Thoroughly enjoyed my time here however hard to grow a long term career that suits both the individual and the firm. Work with extremely intelligent and dedicated people, however the hard working environment can sometimes be demotivating and create a negative atmosphere among peers. Extremely competitive which leads to a lot of work politics. On the whole a great firm with an exemplary reputation in the industry for churning out a high calibre of employees.
Great training
Bedrijfscultuur
Highly talented and qualified teammates
compliance (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT2 april 2018
I enjoy working at GS. I am never bored and usually am struggling to keep up with the fast pace. It is not for everybody, but it can be a great career.
decent compensation and benefits
extreme demands on employees
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Very supportive firm and excellent place to work
Avp in liquidity management (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka1 april 2018
Goldman is an excellent and amazing firm for work. It not only promotes real talent but aspires everybody to be the best in the world. This is good place for beginners and experienced staffs
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goldman Sachs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag