Goldman Sachs Reviews

Alle 955 reviews worden getoond
Great Working Place
Summer Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT17 september 2017
Great working culture. People are always there to help. So don't afraid to make mistakes and ask questions, people are super nice and friendly. Lastly, good luck.
great learning experience
Fixed Income Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY17 september 2017
credible working environment. team members invested in your growth. learn things at a fast rate with detail. opportunity to speak to other professionals
Bedrijfscultuur
Career Progression is a big concern
Technology Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru12 september 2017
Career Progression is a big concern.
Freshers are valued much more than experienced hire.
Most of the team don't have good work.

Salary and bonus has degraded.
Bedrijfscultuur
Bureaucracy, pressure and difficult vague expectations
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT6 september 2017
Extremely mercenary management and oversight, especially in Human Capital and Compliance type roles. They are not there to assist you and you feel it at every moment. The company will absolutely treat workers as replaceable commodities. Many of the people there are ambitious, bright, helpful and wonderful. There is definitely an 'up or out' feeling at all times and there is little margin for error, even if what constitutes an error is ill-defined much of the time.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Tough place to work but learnt a lot
Senior Analyst - Wealth Management Professional (voormalige medewerker) –  London6 september 2017
Had to get up the curve incredibly quickly. You are expected to take responsibility for yourself and your learning. There is a good level of support from your team but you must take initiative.
Great team
Brutal management
nice place to work
Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY5 september 2017
nice place to work. Learning new knowledge every day. Interacting with the most talented colleagues in the industry. Fast pace working environment. Do meet the deadlines!
learning new things
Bedrijfscultuur
Stiff and cold environment. Very cutthroat.
Data entry and remediation of client records (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT31 augustus 2017
Long hours at a moderate pay scale. Not much chance for advancement and management does not tend to help you learn or advance your skills - you have to rely on your peers.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Great place for learning
Associate - Private Wealth Management (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT30 augustus 2017
I learned more in the 2 1/2 years that I worked at GS than my previous 8 years of work combined. You'll get from GS what you give to it. Goldman. Long work hours.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
A new experience
Assistant to the Art Director, Graphics Department (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY29 augustus 2017
I began my graphics career at Goldman Sachs. They provided many opportunities for career advancement. I learned a lot about production and management at Goldman Sachs
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Gs
Executive Assistant. To Managing Directors & V.P (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY29 augustus 2017
A great place to work. Would return in a hearts beat.

Always interesting Always great staff. New things can be learned at every corner. Fun is the name of the game when it comes to hard work
Competitive place to work
Release Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka28 augustus 2017
This is a great place for learning and acquiring new skills.Provides competitive environment to improve skills and learn new technologies.Work culture is great.
Bedrijfscultuur
A very strong job culture at workplace
HR Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, India28 augustus 2017
One thing that stood out about my time with Goldman was their incredible work culture. It is almost tangible from the very day you start with them. It is a culture of teamwork, standing by your team and helping them get the job done in time. This was something which soon imbued my work as well.
I also had an wonderful manager whose first priority was the career advancement of her team members and how she could enrich their work lives. Having a good manager goes a long way in self-motivation; a hygiene factor for people who have the fortune of having good managers.
Although work was demanding, hours were long and tensions ran high at peak times (year-ends, mid-years), the spirit of teamwork was what kept us going. The fact that the team always had your back.
Goldman is a place that brings out the self-motivation in you. The drive to be better at your work than you were yesterday. The competitive environment helped me in gaining and honing my computer, people and communication skills.
Pluspunten
Teamwork, transparency, excellent top-to-bottom communication.
Minpunten
Had to work late into the night.
Bedrijfscultuur
GS will take whatever you allow
Advanced Specialist- Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT26 augustus 2017
Great if you don't have a family or a life outside of work. Hence the reason for the wave of interns hired every year. Good luck getting promoted as a woman if you're not part of the good ol' boys club.
maternity leave, vacation
Minpunten
work life balance, gender inequality
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Summary
Team Leader, Senior Bank Debt (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX25 augustus 2017
Pros
Depends on team, but a lot of freedom give (if you are doing your job).
Cons
- Work life/balance did not meet compensation
- Bureaucratic in nature
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
summer internship
Distressed Loan Pricing Summer Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX24 augustus 2017
summer internship in rmam pricing and pnl in dallas texas
younger team
lots of growth
satellite office
smart people
fast paced work
good atmosphere
all specific to rmam pricing group
Bedrijfscultuur
technical and fun work place
Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Bangalore23 augustus 2017
Salary date,management,my engineers and manager all are good,shift adjustment having on my team,,both are work together,we have any doubt that time my engineers support me
Pluspunten
no lunch, no cab, loss of pay
shift timing awesome
Bedrijfscultuur
Used to be great, but not anymore
Vice President - Senior Programmer (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY22 augustus 2017
I spend many years working in GS, and I used to be able to say that "I work with some of the smartest people in the industry if not world". This is no longer the case. In the last few years, there has been a brain-drain from GS.

There is no typical working day. It can range from 8 hours to 16+ hours per day. I did learn a lot and progressed though my career, however at a certain level things get very political. One VERY positive aspect of the job is a truly team-oriented environment. So while I definitely did enjoy some parts of the job, overall, at this point in time, I would not recommend this company.
Pluspunten
Healthcare, training, challenges, fast pace, team oriented environment
Minpunten
long hours, politics, poor management
Bedrijfscultuur
Good name to put on resume
Financial Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT19 augustus 2017
Hard work but worth the resume capital. Can often require long hours. Work/life balance depends on teams and managers making it hard to predict before starting.
Pay well.
Financial Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka19 augustus 2017
Good emp benefits. Intelligent people. Merit based work culture. People who join once typically do not leave for a long time as the pay is usually the best in the industry
Goldman Sachs
Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ18 augustus 2017
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.

Algehele waardering