Reviews voor Operations Analyst bij Goldman Sachs

39 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 1.243 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
toxic
Operations and Derivative Clearing Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 oktober 2018
So I started on day one and went around to meet my team and shake some hands. The VP over my team who sat literally 4 desks down from me wouldn't shake my hand or even acknowledge that I was alive.

After going to lunch my first week with some of my team, I was informed that she takes about 6 months to warm up to somebody and doesn't really want to hear from you until then....REALLY!? How crazy is that! I am a millennial, not in that I am entitled and lazy, but more in a way that I think a collaborative team approach is going to be preferred to the hierarchal team setting that she was obviously sustaining. So from week 1 of the job I felt that I was in a toxic environment.

Goldman makes all employees work ridiculous hours for, not great pay, they always told us that they would make up for it in our bonus, I'll get to that in a minute. Mandatory 50 hours, no biggie, but then they would call you to come in on Saturday and Sunday to work so you would be putting in lots of hours for really poor pay.

At a team meeting the executive came on and informed us that there would be no bonuses that year, a woman sitting next to me, literally started crying, because she had put in so much work and so many extra hours thinking it was all going to pay off, but they told us the load of bullock of how the company is struggling and they wouldn't be able to pay out, but then you read in the annual report the great bonuses that the C suite got. Was really perplexing.

I hope that things have changed there, I would go back to see if I could help the culture, especially in Salt Lake
  meer... they need to have a collaborative team environment. It would make the blows a lot easier to take.  minder
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
A good company for starters where the company enables a lot of learning
OPERATIONS ANALYST (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka4 augustus 2018
Equipped as a Performance driven EQUITY OPERATIONS ANALYST with experience ineffectively monitoring risk, managing outstanding trades and accurately reporting trade transactions. Outstanding problem solving abilities and maintaining strong and fruitful working relationships with clients to gain their trust and respect. Consistently exceeding challenging organizational expectations.
Lots to learn.
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT17 juni 2018
Long hours and lots to learn. Could become monotonous but always room for growth. Managers are about empowering their coworkers. Work is not very flexible in terms of hours but work that is being done can be changed as needed.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Great People, Poor work life balance
Prime Brokerage Operations - Control Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT1 mei 2018
Great people, great experience, poor work life balance, upper management doesn't provide the support, or correct number of people needed to run businesses and provide an enjoyable work environment.
Bedrijfscultuur
great company to work for
Operations Support Analyst / Datacenter Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 april 2018
great company to work for. the management staff was easy to work for, there was also a lot of paid time off, but did not make up for the long week hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
acquired immense knowledge in the field of Operations
Operations Analyst I (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka21 maart 2018
Love the work culture and how i was able to maintain a work life balance while learning extensively at the same time. Highly competitive environment..
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Top tier bank
Operations Trade Support Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY20 februari 2018
Roles vary by department. Great hard working individuals work here, I'd recommend working here, if you are a hard worker you will make it far. Great office.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Culture diversity place
Securities Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ14 februari 2018
I had a great team with a good manager . I enjoyed working and training new analysts at their positions. Working with traders was fun.
I did some communities works such as feeding the homeless or tutoring students at a school in Jersey City. It was so fun to give back to the community
Gym fees reimboursements
very stressful workplace
Bedrijfscultuur
Decent job, long hours, stressful colleagues
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 december 2017
It's alright - but the coworkers can be difficult and uncooperative. The hours are long and the job itself is rather monotonous. My direct coworkers were nice, most were helpful
Best Work Culture and Life Time Experience
Analyst (Regulatory Operations) (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore City, Karnataka6 november 2017
Goldman Sachs is one of the best place to work attain experience. They provide amazing amenities and facilities which would be desired by any employee. Monetary and other benefits are provided at its peak. Would recommend everybody to try for the best IB in industry
Everything except Cons
Long Hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
What is work life balance?
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka21 september 2017
If you are a person looking come home by 7 pm, have a nice dinner with your family and catch 9pm prime time television, Goldman Sachs is not the place for you. However, if work-life balance is not your top priority, there can be no better place to work than GS. GS is absolutely the best place you can ever hope to work for in the industry. When you are surrounded by a bunch of brilliant, motivated and incredibly hardworking bunch of people, you have no choice but to raise your game.

GS challenges to be better every single day. The work is hectic, unforgiving and a lot of fun too. You want to change something? Done, as soon as possible. Does it involve a tech budget? No problem. A year at GS is equal to 2 anywhere else. There is no onshore offshore culture and every GS employee has the same voice regardless of where you work from. The management is focussed and know what they want. You have ample opportunities for career development and GS has an incredible 360 degree review system which ensures no single person can make or break your career. Its quite the experience in itself and need I say, the yearly bonus is quite infamous.
Salary and Bonus, Work Culture, Career Growth
Working Hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Dynamic work enviroment
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore24 juli 2017
A typical day would include daily allocations, control reports and data analyses and vendor management. The company had excellent work culture and and very good open door policy, the managers were always ready to help when help was needs. The hardest paid of the job was to maintain accuracy and reduce clerical errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the quick catch-ups with managers or any other senior team members.
Excellent Compensation
Long Hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Big name and big opportunities
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT27 juni 2017
Pros:
- You are presented with plenty of training resources
- Co-workers are smart
- A lot of opportunities for advancement

Cons:
- Work can get tedious
It's Not Easy Being/Staying at the Top
Regulatory Middle Office Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY22 juni 2017
GS is a hard place to work. You will learn a lot. You will learn how to navigate corporate entities. You will learn how to be a professional, picking up skills along the way. Culturally, it's hard. To me, it wasn't worth it as I wasn't passionate about the work I was doing. Great to have on your resume if you can stick it out though.
The name and brand
Culture, management, coworkers, diversity
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Long hours and no work life balance
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ17 juni 2017
I get in at 7 am and often times don't leave until 7 pm or later. I oftentimes don't have time for lunch and have a very stressful workload. the team environment does not feel like a team.
free dinner if you work past 8 pm
no work-life balance
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Loved Working Here - High Pressure Environment with Great Talent
Analyst - Operations (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 mei 2017
Goldman Sachs is exactly what it is known for - a high pressure environment for exceptional talent to bloom in. Compensation is great for business generating roles. If you want to work for a Bank in a trading, sales or IB role, work here.
Bedrijfscultuur
Amazing culture and a great experience
Analyst- Operations Division (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka28 april 2017
My experience over the 3.5 years that I was there has been amazing, great company with an amazing culture, open-door policy that enables creative and out-of-the box thinking.
No day is the same, with different things to do, different people to meet.
I learnt how to manage my time, work under stressful situations at times and be a great communicator.
I loved being a part of the company and being able to learn and grow.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 maart 2017
Great place to start your career
Your growth is directly proportional to your deliverable's.
Highly pressurized environment but equally rewarding for those who deserve.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company to start your career
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 januari 2017
Goldman Sachs is a great place to start your career. It's an aggressive culture and gives lot of learning opportunities. One's career progression is completely dependent on an individual. For someone who is very ambitious and wants to grow in their career, Goldman is an ideal place. Although sometimes it can be very fast paced and might feel little overwhelming. The work life balance is very subjective and varies from team to team really. The culture is great and gives a lot of opportunities to learn.
Friendly people
Minpunten
long hours, very stressful, Bad management
Bedrijfscultuur
Support Function in a nationwide bank
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  United States14 september 2016
Day consists of alternative investments reconciliations. Investigation position breaks and finding the best way to resolve.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goldman Sachs. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag