Reviews voor Operations Analyst bij Goldman Sachs

29 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
Decent job, long hours, stressful colleagues
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 december 2017
It's alright - but the coworkers can be difficult and uncooperative. The hours are long and the job itself is rather monotonous. My direct coworkers were nice, most were helpful
Bedrijfscultuur
What is work life balance?
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka21 september 2017
If you are a person looking come home by 7 pm, have a nice dinner with your family and catch 9pm prime time television, Goldman Sachs is not the place for you. However, if work-life balance is not your top priority, there can be no better place to work than GS. GS is absolutely the best place you can ever hope to work for in the industry. When you are surrounded by a bunch of brilliant, motivated and incredibly hardworking bunch of people, you have no choice but to raise your game.

GS challenges to be better every single day. The work is hectic, unforgiving and a lot of fun too. You want to change something? Done, as soon as possible. Does it involve a tech budget? No problem. A year at GS is equal to 2 anywhere else. There is no onshore offshore culture and every GS employee has the same voice regardless of where you work from. The management is focussed and know what they want. You have ample opportunities for career development and GS has an incredible 360 degree review system which ensures no single person can make or break your career. Its quite the experience in itself and need I say, the yearly bonus is quite infamous.
Salary and Bonus, Work Culture, Career Growth
Working Hours
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Dynamic work enviroment
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore24 juli 2017
A typical day would include daily allocations, control reports and data analyses and vendor management. The company had excellent work culture and and very good open door policy, the managers were always ready to help when help was needs. The hardest paid of the job was to maintain accuracy and reduce clerical errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the quick catch-ups with managers or any other senior team members.
Excellent Compensation
Long Hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Big name and big opportunities
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT27 juni 2017
Pros:
- You are presented with plenty of training resources
- Co-workers are smart
- A lot of opportunities for advancement

Cons:
- Work can get tedious
It's Not Easy Being/Staying at the Top
Regulatory Middle Office Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY22 juni 2017
GS is a hard place to work. You will learn a lot. You will learn how to navigate corporate entities. You will learn how to be a professional, picking up skills along the way. Culturally, it's hard. To me, it wasn't worth it as I wasn't passionate about the work I was doing. Great to have on your resume if you can stick it out though.
The name and brand
Culture, management, coworkers, diversity
Bedrijfscultuur
Long hours and no work life balance
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ17 juni 2017
I get in at 7 am and often times don't leave until 7 pm or later. I oftentimes don't have time for lunch and have a very stressful workload. the team environment does not feel like a team.
free dinner if you work past 8 pm
no work-life balance
Loved Working Here - High Pressure Environment with Great Talent
Analyst - Operations (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 mei 2017
Goldman Sachs is exactly what it is known for - a high pressure environment for exceptional talent to bloom in. Compensation is great for business generating roles. If you want to work for a Bank in a trading, sales or IB role, work here.
Bedrijfscultuur
Amazing culture and a great experience
Analyst- Operations Division (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka28 april 2017
My experience over the 3.5 years that I was there has been amazing, great company with an amazing culture, open-door policy that enables creative and out-of-the box thinking.
No day is the same, with different things to do, different people to meet.
I learnt how to manage my time, work under stressful situations at times and be a great communicator.
I loved being a part of the company and being able to learn and grow.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 maart 2017
Great place to start your career
Your growth is directly proportional to your deliverable's.
Highly pressurized environment but equally rewarding for those who deserve.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company to start your career
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 januari 2017
Goldman Sachs is a great place to start your career. It's an aggressive culture and gives lot of learning opportunities. One's career progression is completely dependent on an individual. For someone who is very ambitious and wants to grow in their career, Goldman is an ideal place. Although sometimes it can be very fast paced and might feel little overwhelming. The work life balance is very subjective and varies from team to team really. The culture is great and gives a lot of opportunities to learn.
Friendly people
Minpunten
long hours, very stressful, Bad management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Support Function in a nationwide bank
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  United States14 september 2016
Day consists of alternative investments reconciliations. Investigation position breaks and finding the best way to resolve.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good if you want to stay here long
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY26 juli 2016
Nice people to work with, good career progression (if you're willing to stay here long enough)

transparency could be improved
Highly motivated, detail-oriented
Corporate Loan Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Irving, TX13 juni 2016
I have extensive experience working under strict deadlines and high stress situations. My current working experience has always motivated me to work really efficiently and make fast, effective judgement calls.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Operations is a tough place to work
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 mei 2016
There is high turnover and a lot of times there is low morale. A decent place to start your career, but most people do not last long.
some decent benefits
Minpunten
Long hours, some poor managers, pays is so-so
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Communication
Work life Balance
encouraging managers
lot of training sessions
meeting presentations and catch ups
Fast paced and collaborative
Financial Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, Karnataka11 april 2016
It's a place for go-getters who are passionate about their jobs. Fun place. Can be rewarding on a professional level. Perfect blend of international exposure and career progression.
People
Bedrijfscultuur
GS is best in work culture, only issue being working hours normalization
Derivative Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, KA10 januari 2016
If you're looking to stick to your job in Goldman Sachs for more than 3 years, be assured of a decent salary by the end of it. Work culture is something anyone can get adjusted to. Only issue is with long working hours, which only increases with every working year. Also your long term goals define whether you will love the job there.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Great learning experiece
Operations Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Bangalore, KA27 oktober 2015
I had a fantastic tenure while working at Goldman. I worked in the Operations division for a risk management team. Though I worked only for a year, I learned a lot. The firm has a splendid work culture, where the management and peers are extremely approachable. The work is extremely intense and hectic though. After my initial training period, I had to work for an average of 60 hours a week. Had daily deadlines as well as monthly deadlines. The hardest part of my job was staying late due to external factors such as technology issues and other follow up issues. Had to be extremely patient at these times. This was a very hectic and taxing process. The best part of my job was interacting with several people across regions and divisions such as technology, finance and compliance. This helped me improve my confidence to a great extent. Also the fact that the managers and other team leaders were extremely approachable, helped me learn much more and tackle problems more efficiently.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Redefines the Daily Grind
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ26 oktober 2015
Great place to work if you can just come in, put your head down and grind away. High turnover across company does not create motivation.
Great Company
Operations Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Jersey City, NJ9 augustus 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Great company for someone starting their career. This company is not concerned about your number, but more so about how you grow and develop.

Algehele waardering