Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 10.832 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
It can be fun but under extreme pressured conditions it can be a tough place to work but the managment team will always do there best to help motivate
LEAD (huidige medewerker) –  McMinnville, OR11 december 2017
Management always ready to give a hand.
People you work with in production really do care about the workplace and environment.
Management does care a great deal but sometimes the stress of the upper management does seem to trickle down.
People need more communication about the company to improve people understanding why they come to work and the good they do.
Sometimes the focus becomes to directed that the company looses sight of all the little things that could help the company prosper more.
Pluspunten
Good benifits, prodiction crew really cares
Minpunten
Lack of understanding on how to motivate the younger generation and cashiers
Great benefits
Production Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Portland, OR10 december 2017
They provided great benefits to full time employees. Management was okay but there was not enough opportunities to advance from. Overall, goodwill was a great place to start from.
Bedrijfscultuur
very good environment, fast paced
Material handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Orange, CT10 december 2017
open the store ,get the carts ready for shoppers ,take donations from the door, price them so they can be put out on the floor to be sold load and unload the truck ,empty trash and stack pallets of no good items so they can be shipped back to the warehouse
meet new people
Minpunten
a lot of irritable customers
Bedrijfscultuur
Very fun workplace to being
Cashier / merchandise (voormalige medewerker) –  Cleveland ohio10 december 2017
Goodwill was a great job opportunity I enjoyed the fun and friendly staff they have a great workplace environment they have paid training for everything you do and they have a lot of opportunities
Paid training
Short breaks
Enjoyed working here
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM10 december 2017
Very nice work environment. I had a very good experience and enjoyed helping others and giving back to the community. I would love to work there again some day.
Great experience
Donation Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Dunwoody, GA10 december 2017
It my honor get sach a wonderful job ever in my life & it’s always a great time working with my friends they are really nice, friendly & helpfull ever ,still we are touch in Facebook,Instagram and phone either,our supervisors was a great personality she always share a great ideas so how can we work in easy way and also she is alway friendly ever....
30 minutes lunch brake
15 minutes twiceshort brake
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a learning experience
Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX10 december 2017
Utilize there resources to improve your progress. I was able to broaden my horizons. I was given the opportunity to grow and learn my craft. I interacted with alot of different people
Freedom to develop
Minpunten
The pay was not very competitive
Store Associate
Store Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Oregon, OH10 december 2017
When I was working here I was sorting Clothing According to Size, Placed Price Tags on Merchandise, Positioned Merchandise in Proper Department.
I also had to organize all of the items on the shelves.
Never again
Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Avondale, AZ10 december 2017
No one is there to help. I had a family emergency I had to leave for 3 days and fired me so I will never go there to even spend my money. But we got great hours
Productive fun work place
Stock Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Savannah, GA9 december 2017
It's a very nice and calm work place..very friendly people easily to get along with the workers..there wasn't anything to hard about this work place..i love how all the employees got along with one another
Great company
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sanford, FL9 december 2017
A Typical work day can be very different however one thing that is always the same is that you can count on fellow co workers to have a great time

I learned that there are many ways to help others and by recycling what others want and helping pass it to someone who needs is a great feeling

Management on the other hand is great however also can be very one sided and hard to work with most of the time

The hardest part is that it requires you to be on your feet for 8 hours a day

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you were helping others
Helping those in need
Poor management
Clean up crew
General Labor (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA9 december 2017
After the flood Goodwill hired temporary clean up crews to clean up rivers and steams. At times we had to cut downed logs with chain saws. A lot of team effort lifting and lifting on your own.
Pluspunten
Working with different people.
Rain
Bedrijfscultuur
Not the worst place but definitely not the best
Army Medical Records Associate (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX9 december 2017
While the job was easy, management was unaware of how to properly do their job. Coworkers do far too much talking and gossiping. High tension arises almost daily. Saw two-three confrontations and heard of two more.
Pluspunten
Decent pay for easy work
Coworkers, Shift
Work Place
Job Coach (voormalige medewerker) –  Marion, OH9 december 2017
Very friendly staff and very helpful to me as this was my first time job coaching. They were very supportive. I had a lot of fun working for this company.
productive and fast paced
Sales Associate/Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Puyallup, WA9 december 2017
working at the goodwill is a greet experience for teenagers that haven't had a job yet , not stressful at all . you meet a lot of new people there and help out the people with no job . i recommend working at the goodwill for your first job .
Pluspunten
very flexible with hours, get good hours
short breaks
Need Internal Review
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY8 december 2017
Unbelievably unfair place to work. Wages are not in target of cost of living but company has overload of work to perform. Very unfair company. No increase in salary is offered to all employees just a select few!
Minpunten
Very low wages unless you are management
horrible place to work
PRODUCTION WORKER (voormalige medewerker) –  Marysville, WA8 december 2017
Very bad management and everyone was treated poorly. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do to change it I tried HR and they cant really just fire the whole management crew, They have klot of there hands to fix if you ask me!
smelly
Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Whitehouse, OH8 december 2017
good place to work if you like smelly junk. people are nice. pay is nice. benefits kinda suck. hours are lame, who wants to work weekends honsetly? .....
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Quick paced and poorly managed.
Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL8 december 2017
Unfortunatly the manager I was under was not a team player, nor trainer, nor helper. So the store was a wreck often. Though on days without her the assistant mangers run a very fun and productive shift.
No Benefits, No Pay Increase
Great experience overall
Janitor-Jewella Shelter (voormalige medewerker) –  shreveort,la8 december 2017
It was pleasure working with others and it was excellent knowing the ends and out of the company. I was able to learn about working with others. I was able to come together with this organization and help me become a better person. It was an honor and privilege to be employed at their facility.

Algehele waardering