Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 12.810 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, a lot of work
Temp Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Santa Ana, CA20 mei 2018
A typical day at work would be packing orders, pulling orders, taking inventory, "recycling" items that have not sold, shipping, moving different items around or in and out of the warehouse with a pallet jack. I learned how to use a pallet jack, take inventory, stock inventory, how to pack, how to ship using FedEx's shipping software on the computer,and a lot about problem solving. The management team was very friendly, however gave unrealistic quotas to meet. The workplace culture overall was very outgoing and friendly. The hardest part of the job is trying meet quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people.
Pluspunten
Nice people, Always will be work
Short Breaks, Unrealistic Quotas
Bedrijfscultuur
Nicely spaced out workplace for it employers
Piece Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX20 mei 2018
My work days in that place were alright for the short period of time I was there, so if there is anyone else who wants to work there I say go right ahead.
Pluspunten
Nice short breaks in between worktimes
Minpunten
Just need some more employees and watchers
fun place to work
Program Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY20 mei 2018
I enjoyed working at goodwill although it was for a short period of time. I wouldn't mind working for them again if another opportunity presents itself
working with the children
n/a
Bedrijfscultuur
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Highlands Ranch, CO20 mei 2018
Could not give me the hours that I needed. The manager did not pay attention a lot of the times and would just be in the back when we needed the help.
Goodwill
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Parker, CO20 mei 2018
Good with time off, pay, and nice co-workers. Horrible management and the way that they go about confronting employees that are a problem. Overall would rate the company 3/5
Bedrijfscultuur
Great employees to work with but challenging place to work.
Sales Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI20 mei 2018
Due to the unbelievable turn over problem, the work environment was unsatisfactory especially on weekends when retail usually does most of it's business. It became routine for employees who were hired for a specific job responsibility to be pulled to cover positions for employees who called in leaving the work load behind. This became the norm more than the exception, generating a serious moral problem within employee ranks. New hiring and training was a revolving door that was not resolved during the time I was employed.
Insurance
Minpunten
Very low wages for the work expectation.
Productive and very collaborative
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Norton Shores, MI20 mei 2018
Working at Goodwill is one of my best work experiences. The people were nice and it was generally a somewhat relaxed and healthy work environment. I learned how to coordinate with a team of people, understand and act on tasks given to me as soon as possible, and prioritize my tasks. Sometimes there were huge lines of donations, but overtime they were taken care of and tended to. Despite the difficult and stressful amounts of donations, it was good to keep me busy during the day. Nevertheless, meeting new people and being able to chat with my coworkers in a friendly manner once in a while was a good way to spend my day a work all the while keeping on task and not procrastinating or lagging behind.
Pluspunten
Good coworkers, relaxed and healthy work environment
Short breaks
do not apply
Cleaning Crew (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilmington, DE20 mei 2018
i was told we have lots of jobs available and was told ide always have a job but 1 job after another fell through staff at lea blvd office poor management and they lie about jobs theye have no 1 calls to let u know anything u have to be on top of calls and leave messages no return call good will dont desrve a star but i had to put 1 on here
nothing
good will
Pleasant work environment
Key Holder (voormalige medewerker) –  Covington, LA20 mei 2018
Great management. Easy going atmosphere. Friendly customers. Staff is a pleasure to work with. Store hours are excellent. Overall great place to work!
Hours
No advancement
Goodwill
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Staunton, VA20 mei 2018
The staff at Goodwill a very helpful and knowledgeable about training and assisting people on how to manage and run the store correctly and the staff there is very nice
You get to 10 minute breaks in a 30 minute break
Customers sometimes
Bedrijfscultuur
Don’t take a with chance good will
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Manhattan, NY19 mei 2018
I thought it was fun , until I saw how terrible the management was . Managers do fraternize with their employees . Employees are very lazy and hard works are overworked . Lazy workers can do what they want with out consequences. Treatment is unfair . Bad communication . Workers steal from the store . Lunch break is to short and they send people home for no reason . The company keeps (clients ) who treat customers terrible because there scare of being sued .
Pluspunten
It’s a job, they pay on time, easy to request days off
Read above
Great Place To Work-Advancement Opportunities
Customer Service Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fountain Hills, AZ19 mei 2018
Goodwill trains their employees well in their specific job tasks but also encourage employees to grow in their jobs and offer the opportunity to advance. It is definitely a company where you can advance quickly if you possess the ambition to learn as much as you can. I really enjoyed my time there and got to work with some really great people. The company is also focused on their Career Centers and helping people in the community find jobs.
Advancement opportunities
Minpunten
Pay and benefits are lacking
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoy working with population work with (mentally Challenge) Team work great support
Case Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Hartford, CT19 mei 2018
Workplace culture good, team work, reward received by working with clients, support from staff and administration. Improvise, change procedures for clients to improve job skills. One on one working with some clients and accomplished good responds from some limited clients.
Pluspunten
Population work with, team work, creative skills to work with Clients
Minpunten
sometimes clients act out and immediately crisis plan of actions needs to apply
Bedrijfscultuur
Good Well is a very good place to work at
Producation Labor (voormalige medewerker) –  Klamath Falls, OR19 mei 2018
I like the way Good Well works with Disable people . Beening there was great because I learned a lot about working with people and there disables . My Job coach was very nice and helpful.
Pluspunten
Good
Minpunten
Horrible Management
Wares Producer (huidige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN19 mei 2018
The management is horrible! They don’t want to help you, they just want you to get your quota. QOUTA! Seriously, you are going to pay low and expect me to be a god. That’s just horrible leadership. If you want to advance they make excuses why you aren’t a good fit.
Easy to get hired
Management is horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Pasco, WA19 mei 2018
The managers are some of the most understanding and supportive in your scheduling. the environment and teamwork was one of the greatest, the highlight of the day was morning gatherings when we all went over our game plan.
Equal work
Bedrijfscultuur
Does not build lives that work!!!!
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Florida18 mei 2018
The company has changed so much in the past two years. It’s not about what you know or your work ethic... Instead it is about who you know to get to the top. People backstab and sabotage just to climb to the top. What is bad about the whole situation is that it actually works. Bad mouthing and gossiping goes a long way in this company. No matter how hard you work, it’s never appreciated. If you are unliked by the upper management (corporate) you have pretty much sealed your fate. There is no job security in this company. You can work for 16 years but if they don’t like you then you’re gone just like that. Horrible...
Minpunten
Toxic work environment. No sense of job security and horrible inconsistency with the work schedule.
Financial. Benefits
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Little Rock, AR18 mei 2018
Needs To Improve The Pay Grade. Have More Full Time. Longer Lunches. Off On Certain Holidays. Move Employees up Inside The Company Instead Of Going Outside The Company.
Good To Get Experience
Bad Pay Grade
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Nice place to work.
Donations Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Altoona, PA18 mei 2018
Very interesting work , working with the general public accepting donations and working with handicapped people was very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was loading the trucks for shipment to other stores.
Relaxed work place
Not enough hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Improvement
Assistant Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV18 mei 2018
All retail has room for improvement. The pay need to increase. McDonald's pay their employees more. Safety of others needs to be met for the store more concern about making the money than the mission we up hold for our community.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goodwill Industries. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag