Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 10.898 reviews worden getoond
great plce to work
Processor (voormalige medewerker) –  Escondido, CA 9202517 december 2017
Great place to work, pay, time for classes, learn new trade, great place with a lot of people, a good place to work at if you need a job and/ or a career.
Pluspunten
give you time for school
nothing I can think of
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Nashville, TN17 december 2017
At both Goodwill's that I've worked at, the management was patient, understanding, and really cared about their employees. The coworkers help you out when you're confused or have questions. The whole crew definitely has your back.
Coworkers
Customers, low-pay
Overall experience
Assistant Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Humble, TX16 december 2017
I worked without training-I worked through my lunches consistently due to lack of staff in all areas of the store.

Consistently talked down to by Store manager.

I enjoyed working with the customers as well as floor associates, softlines, pricers, drivers, donation attendants and other Assistant Store Managers.
Employee Discount
Low Pay
n/a
Lead (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA16 december 2017
An okay place to work . Great to understand how a non-profit operates. The company mission is worthwhile. Small community within the office that is mostly cliquish.
Bedrijfscultuur
Need to be willing to sacrifice salary and benefits
Copywriter/Digital Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX16 december 2017
I liked working there, but there was no chance of advancement and benefits were not good. The salary was what you'd expect from a non-profit company, but they kept cutting benefits.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very good place to work if your still in HighSchool.
Assembler (voormalige medewerker) –  Marinette, WI16 december 2017
A typical day at work is a very relaxed type of day,Rushed finishing times.Very good timed lunch and many,many breaks.Very friendly workplace and friendly services there.
Long Breaks.
Benefits.
great company
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, MI16 december 2017
i loved this place my favorite job. very smooth atmosohere and alot of teamwork. management would pitch in if it goit too busy. i just enjoyed this company from top to bottom
Good culture
Accounting Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX15 december 2017
Never had been in a non-profit business and they have an admirable mission. Goodwill is a hand-up and not a hand-out, which I respect.
Indeed wants more but this enough.
Bedrijfscultuur
Warehouse Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VA15 december 2017
Goodwill was a decent place to work, however management did not
effectively place employees in the best qualified positions. No chance
for advancement.
Pluspunten
Pay, education, great employees.
Minpunten
Workplace culture was a disaster.
Productive and vending machines
Donation Processor (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC15 december 2017
the employees were good people, easy to get along with & understanding when going thru hard times, the most enjoyable part of the job were the breaks.
Know your Goodwill
Key Holder (voormalige medewerker) –  Madison, WI15 december 2017
Goodwill, as a workplace, varies vastly depending on the size of the store. If you're a large store it will be more stressful than a small store. Item intake, coworker dependability, and working conditions make a huge difference in a good experience and a bad experience at a Goodwill. A typical day depends on if you're at the register, taking in donations, or pricing donations. The register is simple enough, while taking in donations is a constant workout and involves dealing with some very gross items. Management, again, depends on the store. The workplace culture tends to be nice, people are inclusive and accepting. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for eight straight hours and dealing with varying weather temperature in the donation center.
good coworkers, helping people
Minpunten
bad sick time policies, poor health conditions, expensive health care, hazardous material
Great Work Atmosphere
Data Entry (voormalige medewerker) –  Appleton, WI15 december 2017
I enjoyed working for the company. It has a very positive mission statement. I believe in the causes and I like the versatility within the employees and company.
Wonderful Staff
No part-time positions available
Great place
Assistant Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockford, MI15 december 2017
Rockford store was great!! Store was always super busy and the staff was always fun alot of younger people but they were great to work with!! They need more male employees in that location!
review
Food Service Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Great Lakes, IL15 december 2017
as i was employed at goodwill i learned alot and also experience alot.. the crew i was on worked very hard which is what they instilled in me.. my only problem with goodwill was, at this perticullar location we worked so much that we became burned out.
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and very easy going
Cashier/Stock (huidige medewerker) –  Manteca, CA15 december 2017
I am a cashier and a stocker i greet customers coming in and going out I ring them up and I handle my cash drawer I stock the shelves hand clothes by color accordance i handle credit card transactions and count out money and i close up at night.
Pluspunten
free gift cards every other friday
short breaks
Alright
Cashier/ Housekeeping (voormalige medewerker) –  Marietta, GA15 december 2017
It's an okay place to work and the people are pretty cool. The downsize is if you have kids that are small it's not a really good way to work around the schedule.
Bedrijfscultuur
worked with great people but horrible company
Cashier/Production (voormalige medewerker) –  Chandler, AZ14 december 2017
I've met and worked with a lot of great people. At the time the management was great, there were 4 managers, they were so helpful, always there when you needed them, I've learned so much from each of the managers. I worked as a cashier for almost a year but couldn't stand dealing with customers stealing and couldn't do anything so I transferred to work in the back, and I loved it there, it was better. The more I learned about the company, the more I wanted to leave to do something better for myself. Just do the research on the company and about the CEO. The donations people donated is his profiting. Then about the benefits, there were certain places you have to go to that will accept the insurances and it was not good. The only one problem about management was that the last week I was working there, I asked a manager about my sick hours, he said it would be in my last paycheck once I leave, weeks passed by and still didn't see that money, so I called to talk to another manager, he stated that once I left the company my sick hours will be gone and there was nothing he can do.
great employees
Minpunten
healthcare was ok, CEO, management misunderstanding
Bedrijfscultuur
Goodwill is a great place to start over
Material Handler (huidige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA14 december 2017
Goodwill is a great place to start over and get on your feet.The ERP program has helped me get back to work and helped me get ready to find a new job.
Easy Job
Head Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ14 december 2017
I liked working at goodwill but was unable to advance any higher because I cannot work nights.
Most days I was left by myself with no help. Because I was able to handle things when on my own I was left with no help often. I don't mind stepping up when needed but having to do more than others all the time is not fair. If we're both hired for the same job we should be both be capable of doing that job.
This is an easy job in my opinion. The hardest part was not having help when needed
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my customers. It,s very interesting to see what people could do and make with stuff that others no longer felt useful.
Pluspunten
Daily employee discount at other locations
Minpunten
sometimes I got no break or I got it right before getting off
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
I liked it
Donations attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Louis Park, MN14 december 2017
Every thing was new that i did on a daily so it wasn't really a boring job i would love to work there again but they pay has to be way more than it was and i do not think their willing to pay that much

Algehele waardering