Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 14.145 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
I liked it at first
Sales Associate 3 (huidige medewerker) –  Concord, NH17 oktober 2018
I liked the job at first despite very low pay. $9.15 starting pay. I was passed over for a full time position and offered part time doing cashier I didnt want to do it at first but took it. I did really well and gained skills and once the new store manager was back from a leave was offered full time and eventually a small advancement. The place in the year I've worked there has never been fully staffed. The pay is too little with too high expectations. They want you to do back breaking labor 40 hours a week out back taking in donations. Or expect you to hang,price, put away HUNDREDS of items while you cashier when needed, and help out back as well, and deal with coustmers all in one shift. They don't hold you accountable really thankfully but threaten to write you up for not meeting the ridiculous goals they set for you. They claim its easily attainable but its not. Everyone quits immediately. The stores gone through several store managers, assistant managers, supervisors, and countless sales associates. The higher ups don't care that we're all so miserable so long as sales are still being met. Improper training. Dirty work environment. Poor management. Most of the workers are decent and the only thing making it bearable. Really good benefit is they give great paid time off that you start earning immediately and part timers get it too. 30% employee discount but can't buy anything until its on the floor for 24 hours.
Paid time off
Minpunten
Pay is awful, wotk is physically demanding, bad management
Bedrijfscultuur
Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Cruz, CA17 oktober 2018
The management was the best thing about Goodwill.
They treated everybody professionally and the CEO took time to know the employees. The atmosphere was very nice.
Pluspunten
Employees in each dept new each other
No advancement
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
the art of working in a large company
Team Member/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Tukwila, WA16 oktober 2018
The obtain goal of the company needed be that organizing and merchandising items.. cashiering, training, and color-coding items, the task of making sure that items are arrange
Great place
General Labourer (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Catharines, ON16 oktober 2018
I enjoyed volunteering for this company. Different skills to be learned and a better understanding of what Goodwill services can do for our community.
Fun place to work
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ16 oktober 2018
It was a great job! I'd get there early in the morning and leave sometime in the evening. A typical day would be getting there, stocking shelves, hanging clothes and helping customers. The environment was great, the customers were just so rude sometimes.
Great coworkers, good pay, 30 minute lunch
short breaks, rude customers
Bedrijfscultuur
a great place to work, positive , like a family
Production Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, OR16 oktober 2018
I have been with goodwill for 16 years as a emplyee. my mom started in 1984 when I was 4 years old so iv been around for as long as my mom has 35 years in a way
Pluspunten
i wish the program would of never changed id still be working for goodwill probibly
the program changed .
productive and relaxed environment
Donation Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Lawrenceville, GA16 oktober 2018
i enjoyed my work experience with this company .great environment good benefits and the best mangers .i would recommend this job for someone if you enjoy a great and beneficial work environment and people
Bedrijfscultuur
Not what they say they are.
Shift Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Florida16 oktober 2018
This is not a non-profit organization, nor do they support many of their self proclaimed missions. Employees are not respected, valued or appreciated. Working conditions are unhealthy and unsafe.
Minpunten
Inconsistent hours and days. Poor management. Lack of concern for employees safety and well being.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
People like each other.
Assistant Career Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ16 oktober 2018
This was a Career Center position where I assisted people in looking for a job. The position should actually be called a job placement facilitator. Very difficult working with people who have little or know computer experience.
Easy job
Customer Service Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Township of Brick, NJ15 oktober 2018
working at goodwill is easy, a great first time job. I personally moved up quickly. The customers are nice. There are some rules that are put in place because people abuse the policies, ruining fun for everyone which I think is unfair. Not a livable wage.
nice people
poor communication
Production Worker
Production Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Athens, GA15 oktober 2018
I liked my job their and you meet a lot of people and I used to enjoy that I really would like to come back and work for them again if I could. Because it was a great environment and I missed it.
Bad Axe, Michigan store
wares processor (voormalige medewerker) –  Bad Axe Michigan15 oktober 2018
Work place environment is very dirty with many safety hazards. The Bad Axe store has a high turnover in employees due to the unprofessional and unethical management team. The job is stressful standing on your feet for 8 hours at high pressure pace and low pay with no benefit.The managers were denigrating toward the staff members that work beneath them.
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and good work place
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  fort collins15 oktober 2018
A great place to work and amazing people and amazing co-workers and customers, I learned how to get along with people you dont like and how to deal with customer complainments
employee discounts
dishonest employees
Bedrijfscultuur
Good way to get experience
Store Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Palo Alto, CA15 oktober 2018
It was my first job after graduating high school. I got promoted within 2 weeks of working there to store lead. Overall it was an enjoyable job. Got to see how a store is run.
Paid holidays
Not very flexible
Bedrijfscultuur
Typical and stressful retail job, but the employees made it worthwhile
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Batavia, IL15 oktober 2018
* The store would be a mess within 30 min of opening it, but it would be out of our control since we can only clean up the store so much during our shift when we have a gazillion other things going through our mind while we work.

* Good management for the most part, and the employees were cool and laid back people.

* The best part about the job was honestly the employees, who helped make the job worthwhile most days and bearable during the bad days.

* Since there were a good amount of employees, you can take the time off for a vacation let's say for a week, and most of the time get the time off since the store had enough people to cover.
Pluspunten
Great and caring staff, pretty understanding about wanting time off
Wage
Overall Ok
Receptionist /Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Winston-Salem, NC15 oktober 2018
fast paced, always learning new things, friendly staff, great training and skills, Cross trained in different positions, answered phones and did admin duties
very easy job
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Oklahoma City, OK15 oktober 2018
the most enjoyable part about working at this job was knowing that you are helping people in need. it was a very easy job but it seemed like every week they changed rules
work with interesting people
not enough breaks
A Decent job
Lead cashier on a Point-Of-Sale system. (voormalige medewerker) –  Edmonton, AB15 oktober 2018
A great place for a first time job, or if there is nothing else at the time. Great people, although the management team is always changing, so you never really get to know them. I became a lead after only a few months, but the stress was just getting to be too much. The management puts a lot of stress on staff to produce their numbers, which is understandable, but they resort to hour-cutting, and bully tactics. For a company that preaches compassion, none is shown in the workplace.
Great people
Minpunten
Bully tactics used to increase production.
Bedrijfscultuur
I loved the setting and the people i worked with, the mission statement most importantly
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Hastings, MI15 oktober 2018
workin with such nice people, very thorough training and managment was very informative and forgiving, aloud room for mistakes and correction, i would love to be a part of it again
day time schedule
no pay advances
Best work place
Part Time Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI15 oktober 2018
Best work place . I worked here when I was 17 years old . They helped me gain all my experience. They always were understandably as well . I’ll recommend goodwill to anyone .
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goodwill Industries. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag