Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 14.151 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
A Decent job
Lead cashier on a Point-Of-Sale system. (voormalige medewerker) –  Edmonton, AB15 oktober 2018
A great place for a first time job, or if there is nothing else at the time. Great people, although the management team is always changing, so you never really get to know them. I became a lead after only a few months, but the stress was just getting to be too much. The management puts a lot of stress on staff to produce their numbers, which is understandable, but they resort to hour-cutting, and bully tactics. For a company that preaches compassion, none is shown in the workplace.
Great people
Minpunten
Bully tactics used to increase production.
Bedrijfscultuur
I loved the setting and the people i worked with, the mission statement most importantly
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Hastings, MI15 oktober 2018
workin with such nice people, very thorough training and managment was very informative and forgiving, aloud room for mistakes and correction, i would love to be a part of it again
day time schedule
no pay advances
Best work place
Part Time Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Milwaukee, WI15 oktober 2018
Best work place . I worked here when I was 17 years old . They helped me gain all my experience. They always were understandably as well . I’ll recommend goodwill to anyone .
Bedrijfscultuur
duable ,fun,some time stressful.
SORTER (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX15 oktober 2018
well okay ,as a sorter ,some days where fun

some days stressful ,due to management wanting more and more productivity with the same amount of hours
clean breakroom
separate
Nice & friendly, hot
Assembly / Material Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, NC15 oktober 2018
Sorted clothes most of the day and just help out others the rest of
the day.The thing I learned about the work place was the diversity. Cool people at management.The hardest part was dealing with the heat during the summer time.The best was having fun and the laughter with coworkers.
Pluspunten
Good people to work with.
For me was the heat.
Bedrijfscultuur
Stressful Job , Underpaid .
Retail Store Shiift Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Palm Beach County, FL15 oktober 2018
As a Retail Shift Supervisor you are underpaid and overworked. Making what Wal-Mart cashiers and associates make but with all the stress and aggravation of a management position. You fill in any position that they can't fill. So you can unload trucks, load furniture in the sun. Or accept donations in the hot Florida sun all day long. Then pushing in pallets and carts and dumping trash or cleaning the back donation driveway in the hot sun. Or sorting thru trash bags to separate donations into bins outside in the hot Florida sun. When your not outside your returning clothes to the racks from the dressing rooms, or from the clothes donations rack to the floor.The other times you picking up endless clothes from the floor dropped off the rack, and returning them to the rack. When you work the register , when a employee doesn't show, it isn't bad. Except for customers that want to bargain or argue for more of a discount while in line. Slowing the line. Then at the end of the night you have to close all the registers, seperate all the sales figures for the day. Make your deposit. Have your staff clean your store. All in a hour or less. Because Goodwill will not tolerate overtime.
Health Insurance
low Salarty
productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser/Donor Greeter (voormalige medewerker) –  Toronto, ON14 oktober 2018
It was a fun experience. All I did was collect the donations from the donors and sort them out. Very easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting donors and customers every day.
meeting new customers
n/a
It’s fun
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Plainfield, IL14 oktober 2018
I enjoy the people and the job, I feel as if we are always understaffed, and there is a lot of responsibility that falls onto one person. Overall, it is a fun job, but very tiring.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and Fast paced work environment
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Portage, IN14 oktober 2018
Clock in; Put away clothes on racks as quickly as possible; Cashier; Customer service; Putting away wares; Pulling items with certain color tags; Cleaning sales floor; Changing end cap displays
Pluspunten
Employee discounts and Pleasant co workers
Minpunten
Short breaks and low hours
General Management
General Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Mobile, AL14 oktober 2018
Goodwill gives back to the community and is a great opportunity for retail experience. The job is production based as far a processing donations. But overall a good place to work .
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Nice customers and helpful co workers
Hanger/Sorter (voormalige medewerker) –  Ripley, WV13 oktober 2018
I loved my job at Goodwill. I left the position because I was going to have to work some weekends and I could not do that because I had to be at ballgames for my children during most of them
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Good place to start
Assembler/Production Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN13 oktober 2018
The pay could be better but it's a good place to start if you have a criminal background and/or need to get back on your feet quickly. The work is repetitive and the production expectations are demanding but it's a job.
Benefits, ability to advance
Minpunten
Low pay, stressful environment, co-workers have bad attitudes.
Fun work environment
Shift Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Myers, FL13 oktober 2018
I was able to move up quickly and productively, less than 6 months with the company and i was a shift supervisor. The employees were amazing and i enjoyed my time with my customers
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work very relaxed
Sorter/Packer (huidige medewerker) –  McAllen, TX13 oktober 2018
I enjoy working with others and at Good Will we work as a team getting merchandise to the floor helping each other in all aspects since I have been there I see how customers are excited to shop there their facial expressions are beautiful to see
Great people
More hours
Bedrijfscultuur
It's not a job it's training
Food Service Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Marion, OH12 oktober 2018
It's good training for people over 55 that want to work but I think they need to move them to more spots don't keep them in the same place so long .
Pluspunten
You get out of the house
Minpunten
Need more options for training
A good starting job
Data Entry, Tania Holguin (voormalige medewerker) –  342 North San Fernando Road12 oktober 2018
All the people that were pretty nice and I felt like I can get a lot done All the employee they were pretty nice they help me out with my problems please lie and I never got that frustrated with any of them because they knew I had a few disability and whatnot
Very relaxed
Maintenance Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN12 oktober 2018
We maintained the stores and did what we could to keep the stores running proficiently and smoothly. It was a great learning opportunity to learn the general basics of plumbing electrical and carpentry.
1,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Most of my co-workers were difficult to work with.
Employment Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO12 oktober 2018
Co-workers treated the clients as if they didn't need any type assistance. They would treat clients as if it was a waste of time to help them. I had to leave only after a short time.
1,0
Stressful environment
Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, OH12 oktober 2018
Too much turnover, do not care enough about current employees, very little pay for a lot of work. Management is a joke, do not listen and do not properly promote from within.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
the job was fun exciting well experienced the training classes were unbelievably exciting helpful I met great people that helped me with anything I ne
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ12 oktober 2018
Goodwill Industries is the best place to work great training great people everything is unbelievably from training to on the spot the managers help with anything you need to get breaks paid time off vacations assemblies it's just a really great place to work you look forward to going to work everyday seems Smiles on your faces the people coming to work are great helpful understanding outgoing.
Pluspunten
you can move up fast and have a grate Christmas party.
Minpunten
they don't give you maternity leave I know from experience and then they don't retire you afterward.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goodwill Industries. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag