Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 10.828 reviews worden getoond
ok place to work
Payroll Specialist/Benefits Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Corporate Office4 december 2017
ok place to work. upper mgmt. needs to listen to their employees. then it can possibly be a great place to work. they recognized employees for their contributions to the company
Goodwill
General Labor (voormalige medewerker) –  Brockport, NY4 december 2017
Was a great full time job until I got hurt on the job they used the FMLA law to let me go after I had surgery. It took forever for them to get paperwork together for me to originally seek doctors care.
Good job
Store Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Georgia4 december 2017
Good place to work,really enjoyed working with goodwill,would love to return to the company again if possible,v very nice place to be employed with to say the least
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Hard place to work
RETAIL LEAD (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM4 december 2017
Always on your back. Certain mangmant let’s it float to their heads sometimes mistreat employees or belittle them. Fast paced especially on the weekends and on Monday since Monday’s were 25% off. My everyday or evening duty were to count the change fund drawer exchange keys with the morning manager to me since I close the store at the end of night. Watch our store sales, also make sure that my closing staff were busy and greeting customers.
Bedrijfscultuur
fast paced with lots of work to do
PROCESSOR (huidige medewerker) –  Ramona, CA3 december 2017
Nice and helpful coworkers. The management is always helping. There a plenty of tasks to do and management is always assigning tasks. I have gained a new perspective about thrift stores and how they work.
convenient working hours
pays minimum wage
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a place I liked working at.
Trainee (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV3 december 2017
I'm not into the way GoodWill works and I wouldn't suggest other people to stay or work at GoodWill to begin with. Find a job that's more enjoyable and someplace that will help advance you in your career.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company to work for
E-Commerce Collectibles Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Hillsboro, OR3 december 2017
Typical day is structured and work expectations are clearly lined out. Each person knows the duties they are expected to perform and the schedule thy are expected to follow. Atmosphere is helpful and team spirited.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very rewarding place to work
Employment Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Frederick, MD3 december 2017
Great place to work they are willing to work with you if you need off. Very rewarding place to work the smiles you get when you accomplish a goal. Awesome Co workers
productive
Volunteer Work (voormalige medewerker) –  Richmond, VA3 december 2017
it was ok it was only volunteer work. enjoyed working with my co-workers & the customers were very happy with me because I was always willing to help them but most of the managers were sneaky and cutthroat. They were always trying to find ways to take advantage of their workers. If you had to go to the restroom they would make that your 15min break and you would not even get your lunch break unless you demanded it but they would deduct the half hour so the top management did not know.
free lunch
dusty
good work experience
ASSEMBLY WORKER (voormalige medewerker) –  420 E Alcott St3 december 2017
my superiors were respectful and kind to me. They helped me understand the flaws in my work without passing judgement on my character. since I was intern at goodwill my day started with instructions and examples on how to work more effectively.
great enviroment
n/a
Working and Exciting Environment
Donation Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Chula Vista, CA3 december 2017
It's one of those typical days at work, come in to work, have your bags check, Get To Work, Break, Work, Lunch, Work, Have Your Bags Check, Then Go Home.
Fast-paced, but rewarding
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Fishers, IN2 december 2017
A typical day consists of running racks, cleaning out fitting rooms, conducting transactions, and interacting with customers. Management is adequate, and they are very understanding. The workplace culture is quite close-knit, and the majority of us get along well. While working at Goodwill, I have learned how to run two racks in an hour, the proper way to clean a fitting room, how to run these particular registers, and stress management. The most difficult parts of the job have been long hours on my feet, rude customers, and the frustration of interacting with said customers. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my coworkers, including my managers. They are all fabulous people.
Pluspunten
Great coworkers, great music on speakers
Short breaks, rude customers
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a very good place to work
Cashier/Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Rome, GA2 december 2017
The pay on the job was horrible. The health insurance was not very useful as I had to go to Atlanta which is about an hour away from where I live for anything to do with the insurance claims for it to actaully pay anything at all for medical insurance. The hours were not flexible at all for the workers that are also students on all accounts for the job. All in all it is not a good place to actually work for any amount of time as it barely pays just over federal minimum wage to the workers. It was a bad taste in the mouth when finally leaving for another store after about two and a half years in the job.
Pluspunten
hour long lunch, paid time off, paid sick time off
Minpunten
short breaks, insurance was horrible, anual raises were a joke on all accounts at the job
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Most recent managers were cutthroat
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX2 december 2017
I enjoyed working with my co-workers & the customers were very happy with me because I was always willing to help them but most of the managers were sneaky and cutthroat. They were always trying to find ways to take advantage of their workers. If you had to go to the restroom they would make that your 15min break and you would not even get your lunch break unless you demanded it but they would deduct the half hour so the top management did not know.
Friendly co-workers & customers
Minpunten
They were always trying to cut your hours and usually looked for excuses not to give you your breaks
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Typical day at Good Will
Computer Technician-Temp Position/Intern (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC 282082 december 2017
Stressful work on the feet and back for long standing on the floors. Running hardware/Software diagnostics on pc. Windows upgrade, Virus scan, adding and removing hardware and software.
Staying Busy
Stress on Feet and Back Standing
Great Effort
Processor (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Petersburg, FL2 december 2017
This was a great job I didnt have a problem at this job things happen life goes on you can only better self with opportunist. A better way make's a better life!
SHOWS PROGRESS
NOTHING
I miss it to be honest
Donation Attendant / 3rd Key Management (voormalige medewerker) –  Nacogdoches, TX2 december 2017
Sure I had super stressful days, but I got to meet new people all the time and had an awesome team to work with. Management had it's perks, but if I worked at Goodwill again, I'd stick to being a Donation Attendant.
Paid vacation, healthcare benefits
interrupted breaks, heavy lifting
Bedrijfscultuur
It's not a easy place to work, but a great and fun place to work.
Sales Processor/Donation Attendant (huidige medewerker) –  Dayton, OH1 december 2017
I enjoy working at Goodwill,the management staff are easy to get along with and treat me well. My main reason to leave Goodwill is I have worked as a cook and chef for years, and have spent alot of time and money to advance my career as a chef. The job I have is extremely fast pace performing multiple tasks at the same time,can be stressful,dirty, and cold or hot depending on weather. The work I do involves interaction with customers and donors on a daily basis, some of which I know by name and/or by face, as well as for them regarding myself. This is the most enjoyable part of my job. I would, and have recommended Goodwill to others looking for a job.The hardest part of the job is the amount of items coming in, and moving over a half ton to a ton of merchandise a day.
Minpunten
Move a tremendous amount of merchandise and very heavy lifting. HR can move very slow at times.
Nice employees
Production Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Rincon, GA1 december 2017
Nice employee s but not enough hours.but a good place to work.for a little extra money.I liked the people I worked with. But was confusing when managers couldn't agree.
You knew your hours
Not enough hours
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Great start
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Temecula, CA1 december 2017
Great starting job... nothing special... but I was always greatful for them giving a rehabilitated felon like me another chance at life... I owe my beginning to the men and women at goodwill... thank you guys!!!
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren