Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 12.841 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
A Fun and Busy place to work
Retail Supervisor/Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Grand Junction, CO17 mei 2018
Coordination of Retail sales floor and the ware house. Training cash handling skills to new employees, manager on duty when needed. Daily Banking deposit. Scheduling, some bookwork.
Pluspunten
Helping people in the community.
Poor management
would not recommend
Donation Attendant (huidige medewerker) –  Ellensburg, WA17 mei 2018
there is little communication between management and workers. workers are not taken seriously. New managers are not fit to be in charge. i am grateful that they helped me start my career and 2 managers are good. but overall not efficiently ran and workers are not taken seriously. Co workers were also good
discounts i guess
pretty much everything else
Outlet's Suck
Donation Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington State17 mei 2018
Goodwill outlet's are just rough to be at
Not the way it's run but just the culture it creates in shoppers.
Hardest part of the job is always the customers.
Fyi
Employment Program Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Clayton, NC17 mei 2018
everyone is replaceable regardless of work ethic
very structured
no promoting within
remember to document everything in a personal journal(you will need it)
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun place to work
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Eau Claire, WI16 mei 2018
The enjoyable part of the job is who i work with.. A typical day is busy. i enjoy the customers that come in. The hardest part of the job is having different tasks from different people.
discounts
Bedrijfscultuur
A stepping stone to another job
Production Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, OR16 mei 2018
It is best to view working here as merely a place to find another. It is not a pleasant environment and one cannot advance in the position. It did teach me much, but mostly in things that I do not wish to have in my job, such as how to handle an extremely intensive workspace and juggling multiple responsibilities. It is too bad, however, that mastering these skills are taken for granted. Workers are often expected to accomplish the tasks of two people, due to inconsistent and demanding management and to the constantly fluctuating personnel.
Productive fun working place
Stocker, Clerk Position, Goodwill (huidige medewerker) –  Rohnert Park, CA16 mei 2018
Goodwill is a well structured job with simple guidelines. Consistent structure and employers are very nice. Quick paced work but its okay to take your time if your new to the job. Job is simple and if you dont know what to do then just ask. Manager is very friendly.
Bedrijfscultuur
changes not for the good
Team Leader (huidige medewerker) –  wis16 mei 2018
When I was hired to be a team leader I believed that Goodwill sought to elevate people through training in retail skills. Unfortunately, that is merely a cover story since I have realized that only a minimal amount of revenue generated actually is directed to help people with disabilities. Go beyond the eloquent public facing propaganda that professes such great humanitarian efforts to see the internal dissolution of programs and participants which were cut from budgeting while expansion costs for new locations received additional funding. While the organization does redirect many tons of unwanted product donations from ending at the landfill fulfilling the green value. However, as the company continues to grow, adding more overhead costs, one must consider what happened to helping our communities rather than helping self?
insurance
low pay
Bedrijfscultuur
not a good place to work
Cashier/Inventory Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  West Sacramento, CA16 mei 2018
don't work here there nothing to tell about this company but don't work here
i hate this place I'm only writing thing cuz it wont let me move on so i hate this place.
nothing
nothing
Bedrijfscultuur
Would not recommend working at a Goodwill
Backroom Processor (voormalige medewerker) –  Capitola, CA16 mei 2018
Obvious company and managers don’t care about employees or customers. Ridiculous production goals daily, and they’d get raised if we met them. Constantly being told to raise the price of everything a few dollars just to meet goals. Constantly being told to overprice items in general.
Great People, unfulfilling work
Retail Ambassador(Full-time/40hrs) (voormalige medewerker) –  La Mesa, CA16 mei 2018
It's typical retail work culture as you would see at any other clothing store. Repetitive tasks and houndish managers, the coworkers were nice people. The company had alot of parties and pot lucks though and the food was really good. people's involvement was nice.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Difficult to withstand
Mission Worker (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV16 mei 2018
This is not an area where I feel divulging information would be appropriate since I currently work here and do not believe in slandering companies. Thank you for professionally understanding.
Pluspunten
wage for managers or mission based employees
everything else
warehouse worker
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA16 mei 2018
It's a good place to start if you need a starting point career wise you lean alot i a short time plus look for better work when other jobs are open apply
good help
Minpunten
stay on them about what you want
Bedrijfscultuur
busy and steady paced workplace
Material Handler (voormalige medewerker) –  Gary, IN16 mei 2018
i've learned how to work the compactor, load and unload trucks, close and open the store and much more. the hardest part about my job was the home pick ups. i enjoyed the experience.
free water
2 breaks
Interesting Experience
Donor Door (voormalige medewerker) –  Snellville, GA16 mei 2018
Workday consisted of meeting new people but working the same general positions. However, the different donations made it so there would be always something new to discover.
Minpunten
Lots of standing, Donors can be difficult to work with
Workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV16 mei 2018
Overall Goodwill is a really good company to work for as long as they have enough staff to make sure all tasks get done. Also management should get more involved in marking sure things are ran the way the are supposed to. Managers should also close at least 3 times a week.
Great Teamwork
Recognitions Associate (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX16 mei 2018
Work day is 7:30 to 4:30 with one hour lunch break. I learned a lot about Air Force policies and procedures as well as awards and decorations. Management is friendly and very approachable. Workplace culture is cohesive and we work well with each other. The hardest part of the job is the fact that there is no sick leave. If you miss work, your annual leave will suffer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team work. We work very well together.
Pluspunten
Military friendly, disibility friendly, plesent work enviroment
Minpunten
no job advancement, industry pay scale, no sick leave
Bedrijfscultuur
They don't appreciate the people they have
Production assistant manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Kissimmee, FL16 mei 2018
This place is really not about building lines at work it's more about money than anything yes I was part of the management team but I always treated my staff with respect but when it came to me get a respect for my manager and never really happened even when you complain and talk to HR or whoever is above your manager nothing ever get solved you always get yelled at you need to pick up the pace and work faster nothing is ever good enough for this company and I worked at the kissimmee store in Florida
Minpunten
Overworked pay is low.hot in the warehouse and there's no confidentiality there.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great work environment- outstanding employees/co-workers
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Soledad, CA16 mei 2018
I was recently with Goodwill on an OWP (organizational work program) in Monterey County. I enjoyed the work and hours were great. I gained real world work experience and build on my social communication skills. I would definitely be interested in future positions and I am thankful for all the south county staff for being great co-workers and Bosses.
Pluspunten
Work experience and staying close to hime
Goodwill nyc
Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN16 mei 2018
Very bad experienc will goodwill nyc, district manager took the job personal
Goodwill indianapolis was fair and I had no problems working there, a actually loved my experience tere and would love to go back.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goodwill Industries. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag