Goodwill Industries Reviews

Alle 11.904 reviews worden getoond
goodwill inc
RECEPTIONIST FRONT DESK (voormalige medewerker) –  Longview, WA15 februari 2018
answered phones, took messages, scheduled appts. made copies, sent emails. signed students up for classes, worked computers, helped students with computers work. Greeted everyone coming in or out.
Pluspunten
nice peoples to work with and for
pay
goodwill overall
Goodwill customer service (voormalige medewerker) –  Fontana, CA15 februari 2018
this company is a ok company to work for an the people that work for the company are good people an the workplace is good an the management is ok depending on the store
Not a good job
Donor Greeter (huidige medewerker) –  Mobile, AL15 februari 2018
My experience at Goodwill Easter Seals was not a good working experience. I was under the impression at my interview that i would getting paid more then my previous job. Then the managers there aren't fair then they are very unprofessional. Then they will also cut your hours because of the store business is going good. I worked in the busiest time of the year and still gotten paid 300 every two weeks.
Bedrijfscultuur
working a goodwill was great for my first time working
Retail Sales Associate trainee (huidige medewerker) –  Albany, GA15 februari 2018
you clock in on time leave on time.i learned time management is very important.it has a family vibe to it.the hardest part was keeping up with the peoples patter.this was my first job i had so i started of pretty slow but no one held that ageist me they just help motive you to keep going and to work harder.
free gloves for work
lunch could be longer
ambiente de trabajo normal
Sale Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Homestead, FL15 februari 2018
en este trabajo siempre vas a encontrar algo que hacer, aprendi mas acerca de la atencion al cliente,
Fun
CASE MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL15 februari 2018
I enjoyed working there as well as the management team. It was the first job that I worked where I got to practice using sign language and assist others with various disabilities to find employment.
work environment cool
Bedrijfscultuur
An opportunity filled job w/learning of cultures and value to inanimate belongingds
Sorter / Cashier / Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Corpus Christi, TX15 februari 2018
I enjoyed working for Goodwill there I learned my nature of diverse multi-tasking and identifying worthy products regardless of media fashionist's opinions. I also learned skilled traits that I haden't learned anywhere else.
Pluspunten
Learning and cultural/customer service experience (hands on training)
Often short handed
Fun workplace
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Warren, OH15 februari 2018
Goodwill has an ever changing environment and wonderful staff. The management cares deeply about their staff and it truly shows. Plus great deals on a lot of different things you won't find anywhere else.
Bedrijfscultuur
On occasion we would have parties
Pricer (voormalige medewerker) –  Tomball, TX15 februari 2018
We would have parties when we either come in first of sales. And we would also have them if it's someone's birthday, holidays. Some people would bring there own food they make.
Pluspunten
It was fun working there because everyone was nice
You work for your money
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Silverdale, WA14 februari 2018
Cashier work
Greet customers
Morning prep: vacuum, dust and restock supplies
Keep designated areas straightened
Help stock if needed
Wrap and box all glassware
Help customers with any questions and hold items
Take care of return items
Two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch in an eight hour shift
Recover assigned area when not on register
Keep fitting rooms running smooth
Upper management can be rude to floor employees
Scheduled hours can be anytime all seven days of the week
Discount on purchases
Minpunten
Management needs work in appreciating their employees
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
My Experience at Goodwill
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL14 februari 2018
Depending on which location you work, you will have a lot of donations at one time. I would suggest working quickly, and learning how to balance tending to the clothes and sorting out other donations. I heard that it's under new management, so that good! When I was working there at the time, I was told by some of the employees working there that other employees left because the managers had a hard time working the employees.
Tending to the donations
Difficult Management
Bedrijfscultuur
Goodwill was a great place of work. Friendly management and fun co-workers
Janitorial Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL14 februari 2018
I absolutly loved working at Goodwill. I had the best manager who kept us laughing and even helped out with our work load. Other workers were also good to be around. To me they really cared about our team. I would love to go back if i could.
enjoyable and relaxing job
the distance to work
Fast- Paced area to work
Processor (huidige medewerker) –  Canton, MI14 februari 2018
At the beginning it was fun and I was excited to work there. About after a month the GM and Assistant manager of the goodwill wanted what was working best for the store to change.
30% off merchandise
Not enough hours
Volunteer work at Goodwill
Volunteer Work (voormalige medewerker) –  Pasadena, TX14 februari 2018
When I volunteered at Goodwill, I felt uncomfortable. I was fine with separating clothing, but when they asked me to wash their employees dishes I was disgusted.
production
Clerical / Sales / Administration (voormalige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN14 februari 2018
Goodwill will help you get a job.got lots if cashier experience very quickly, handled high volume of continuous shoppers. This was like boot camp for cashier's.The customers that did business as retail professionals selling and reselling Goodwill items,we're annoying because of always trying to wheel and deal.Give employees incentives to perform well and Excell at what they do. Give them more opportunity to grow.
Terrible Pay
Processor (voormalige medewerker) –  Owensboro, KY14 februari 2018
I was paid the minimum wage for the state of Kentucky. It was barely enough to get by on. BARELY. I would have stayed at the job if they were at least willing to give people more hours or make people full time.

There were manager and supervisor positions but they paid barely above what I was making and still had about the same amount of hours.

The facility I worked at was also responsible for processing two other stores' inventory. They kept pushing us to do more and more and more but didn't offer raises, bonuses, or more hours for our accomplishments.

Basically, we broke our backs and they kept adding on more work without any sort of compensation.
Pluspunten
coworkers, more free time outside of work
Minpunten
terrible pay, hard work with no benefits
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
A good place to work
Material Processor (huidige medewerker) –  Walnut Creek, CA14 februari 2018
This was a great place for me to work. It is a great place to work if you need help transitioning back into the workplace. There are always things to do to keep the store clean and organized and make sure there is always plenty of new items for customers to shop.
Busy
Stocker/Door Donor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Walton Beach, FL14 februari 2018
I worked as a door donor and that in detail was when customers dropped off their items I would have to clean the items up and decide if they were sellable
Fun enviroment
Not enough hours
Goodwill Of Monocacy Valley
E-commerce (voormalige medewerker) –  400 Church Street, Frederick, MD 2179314 februari 2018
I had worked from the bottom up at Goodwill of Monocacy Valley for 2 years. I started off working over-time right of the bat. I was giving lots of cross training because I asked for it. This company even sent me out for 4 days for additional training at a different Goodwill in Orange County California to learn about Ecommerce. I had worked in 4 out of their 8 store locations and as well as a starting team member in their now ever expanding ecommerce division at Goodwill of Monocay Valley. In the end I wasn't giving the advancement I was told multiple time I would receive by upper management. I saw new faces coming in and taking higher titles/duties I was told I would receive by managers. I left because I desire advancement in title, pay for the hard work and skill I have shown at my job. If you need a job, in-between job, or job training Goodwill is the place to go. There local job center is nice and in fact I am using it right now. :)
Pluspunten
Good starting job, Good inbetween Job, Good training, Competative Pay, Lots of help, good work hours
Minpunten
Poor communitcation skills, lack of advancement, Lots of promises but no dilievery.
cut throat
Forklift Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC14 februari 2018
cut throat enviorment no advancement or decent training. Over worked underpaid managers were the worst experience cause they have favorites and love gossip .o
job