Goodwill Industries Reviews

10.871 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Productive environment
Cashier/Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Wayne, IN6 december 2017
Goodwill Industries is a quick-paced, hard-working environment that allows coworkers to become friends easily. Sorting through donations and helping managers place valued items on the floor is routine, and keeping the store clean is, as well. Goodwill is a recommended place to work if you are looking for a secured, fixed schedule.
Pluspunten
Spacious break room with lockers, discounts on items
Minpunten
Some donated items can be dirty at times, not necessarily the cleanest environment
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Great People-Poor CEO
Clerical Specialist-Temp (voormalige medewerker) –  Lancaster, OH6 december 2017
I worked here during my disabilities rehabilitation stages. The people were great, the job was easy and great. However, after seeing and hearing about everything with their CEO and how much the company actually makes versus how much their employees make, I will never work here again.
people
pay, CEO
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Showing more appreciation to employees and compensate employees better
Retail Merchandise Processor (huidige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ5 december 2017
Overall working here for two years I loved my coworkers and the work environment but because of the lack of competitive pay for the amount of work done and my dissatisfaction with unrealistic company standards and expectations I'm choosing to leave a management position to find a better company to work for.
current manager is great
pay
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
slow paced
Cashier/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Bordentown, NJ5 december 2017
it had its days when it was fast paced but most of the time it was very slow. The pay for this job just wasnt enough for me to live adn be able to pay my bills.
give 2nd chances
not enough pay or hours
Easy going environment
Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Kettering, OH5 december 2017
Goodwill is generally fast paced depending on where you're at. The store I am in is an easy going work environment, however you have to be able to work fast and it is very physical.
PTO, paid 10 minute breaks, lunch, decent benefits
Minpunten
Very hard work for very low pay.
Bedrijfscultuur
Towards the end poor work/life balanceq
Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA5 december 2017
More emphasis was being put on revenue rather than mission. Unfortunately this caused management to work longer and more days per week. It just wasn't fulfilling or fun anymore.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
High Pace
Customer Service/ Cashier/ Pricer (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX FM19605 december 2017
A typical day consisted of micro management and harassment to ensure employees weren't steeling company time or product. Researching and price comparing, and cleaning products and goods for the highest retail revenue value. The Management was horrible. The employee turn overate a good 90%. The work place culture showed favoritism, lacked in trust and integrity. Poor beliefs attitudes and behavior on the management part. You cant speak up without fear of retribution.The hardest part was making budget, which changed daily, monthly yearly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the new experiences shared with customers. Seeing some of the most fascinating items objects come through and leave a store.
Great loyal customers
Minpunten
Healthcare benefits, management, favoritism.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good for people with disablities and on hard times.
JANITOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Charleston, WV5 december 2017
They help with life skills. They have retail and janitorial work and as well as corporate work. All mostly people on hard times, disabilities and a minor criminal record.
Pluspunten
The help they give you. Work with you on issues.
Minpunten
They sort pressure to give Unity Way.
We worked as a team
Donation Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Grand Rapids, MI5 december 2017
Go to work for, good beifities vacation pay, got time off when you asked for it, learned to use new equitment, did shipping and receiving which was a plusand management was good to work for
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and friendly place to work.
Graphic Designer (huidige medewerker) –  Peoria, IL5 december 2017
I enjoy working for Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois. I am sad to leave but will carry my knowledge on to my next career. People are friendly and the management truly cares about your well being.
Decent Benefits
Minpunten
Less pay than other companies in my field.
Room To Advance Is Limited
Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Pittsburgh, PA5 december 2017
High Pressure on making budget and micro managing your part-time employees. Upper management is not very hands on when it comes to training or helping employees to advance.
The overall culture is one of helping your community and those in it who struggle to find employment. Management and above truly believe in the programs the stores help to support.
Pluspunten
If you take the time to learn about the programs GW helps to sponsor, you feel good knowing you are a part of that.
Minpunten
Pay is low and advancement is tough.
Bedrijfscultuur
I would not work here again
Store Clerk and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Hurricane, WV5 december 2017
The managers were not great. Made you pick up co-workers that did not have a car and wrote you up for not getting them their lunch. It was the worst job in the world.
Wonderful Oppertunity
TEO Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Little Rock, AR5 december 2017
This company gave me the experience that I needed and the confidence I required to become the person I want to become. I love Goodwill the company and the people within it.
Bedrijfscultuur
Close to all the major subway lines.
Clerical Aide (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY5 december 2017
Responsible for the removal of highly confidential information on vital records, examined birth and death certificates, ensured that correspondence matched the numeric order. Management was decent had a wonderful professional or personal relationship with her. the culture and working atmosphere was great. The hardiest part would be when another co-worker would take off. But for the most part everyone got along pretty decently with each other.
We did get free lunch
Minpunten
The breaks was kind of too short.
Bedrijfscultuur
being productive and still having fun on the job as long as work IS BEING DONE
Lead Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Bessemer City, NC5 december 2017
I enjoyed being able to work as a team with co workers and working together as long as work is getting finished properly have a little fun along the way as long as Everything is getting finished in a timely manner.
with Goodwill Its just higher up management dosent have it together at all.
friendly co workers
the GM was very rude ALL THE TIME
Fun
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Kent, OH4 december 2017
The job gives you something to do all the time so you're never bored. You're either in the back deciding what goes out into the store, at the register, management, or hanging up the clothes,putting items on shelves,or, cleaning.
Pluspunten
Always had something to do
Stressful at times
Cons outweigh benefits
Sorter (voormalige medewerker) –  Apex, NC4 december 2017
While pay and benefits are decent the poor management, the last minute schedule changes and rude customers are not worth it. There is a high turnover rate for a reason - too much bs and incompetent managers.
If you need to make a doctors appointment you have to use a vacation day to guarantee you can make it.
Medical
Poor management, scheduling
Hard on work ethic
Attendant (voormalige medewerker) –  Rocklin, CA4 december 2017
Goodwill was a great place to work if you like touching peoples dirty donations. The place always stank, the other employees were awful and the management could've been better.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Supervisor and co workers making fun of clients.
Parent Instructor/Case Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Canton, OH4 december 2017
Terrible training, told to read old cases. Sat at my desk for hours reading old cases but that did not teach me how to perform the job. One of my co workers was over heard using the "N' word.
Bedrijfscultuur
Work is easy but not good pay
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Alabama4 december 2017
The work is very easy and pay is not good .its pretty much the same work every week sorting pricing tuning the register helping with customer service.
Easy work