Reviews voor Cashier bij Goodwill Industries

623 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
worked with great people but horrible company
Cashier/Production (voormalige medewerker) –  Chandler, AZ14 december 2017
I've met and worked with a lot of great people. At the time the management was great, there were 4 managers, they were so helpful, always there when you needed them, I've learned so much from each of the managers. I worked as a cashier for almost a year but couldn't stand dealing with customers stealing and couldn't do anything so I transferred to work in the back, and I loved it there, it was better. The more I learned about the company, the more I wanted to leave to do something better for myself. Just do the research on the company and about the CEO. The donations people donated is his profiting. Then about the benefits, there were certain places you have to go to that will accept the insurances and it was not good. The only one problem about management was that the last week I was working there, I asked a manager about my sick hours, he said it would be in my last paycheck once I leave, weeks passed by and still didn't see that money, so I called to talk to another manager, he stated that once I left the company my sick hours will be gone and there was nothing he can do.
great employees
Minpunten
healthcare was ok, CEO, management misunderstanding
fun workplace
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Galax, VA14 december 2017
I loved working at goodwill, the managers were caring individuals and so were my coworkers. The actual work we had to do could be tuff at times but if you had a hard time meeting your goals they were very understanding and actually stepped in to help when needed. The hardest part of the job I would say is processing the clothes because some people donate gross things that even with gloves you don't want to touch. Every month we would have a party and we would decorate and dress up to a certain theme, this was my favorite.
coworkers, insurance, and hours
Minpunten
digging through peoples donated things
Hated working there
Associate/cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Ellsworth, ME12 december 2017
Goodwill is a awful place to work. They only care about numbers and not there employees, if a high school student wanted a job don't go to goodwill they wont work with you on a schedule to work with school.
Fun Atmosphere
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ11 december 2017
Every day was a fun day with my coworkers and helping customers find specific items. Enjoying the discounts that were offered. Very busy 50% off sale days and seeing the used items come in.
discounts
nothing
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Excellent place to work
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Huntington, WV11 december 2017
People are very caring and have a big hear to boot. There are a lot of great programs that the company support and they have been amazingly supportive to me in my time there
Quick pace
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, OH6 december 2017
I.T was okay my least favorite honestly management was never sure of anything they never kept up with one another overall very good pricing easy work.
Fast-paced, but rewarding
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Fishers, IN2 december 2017
A typical day consists of running racks, cleaning out fitting rooms, conducting transactions, and interacting with customers. Management is adequate, and they are very understanding. The workplace culture is quite close-knit, and the majority of us get along well. While working at Goodwill, I have learned how to run two racks in an hour, the proper way to clean a fitting room, how to run these particular registers, and stress management. The most difficult parts of the job have been long hours on my feet, rude customers, and the frustration of interacting with said customers. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my coworkers, including my managers. They are all fabulous people.
Pluspunten
Great coworkers, great music on speakers
Short breaks, rude customers
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Most recent managers were cutthroat
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX2 december 2017
I enjoyed working with my co-workers & the customers were very happy with me because I was always willing to help them but most of the managers were sneaky and cutthroat. They were always trying to find ways to take advantage of their workers. If you had to go to the restroom they would make that your 15min break and you would not even get your lunch break unless you demanded it but they would deduct the half hour so the top management did not know.
Friendly co-workers & customers
Minpunten
They were always trying to cut your hours and usually looked for excuses not to give you your breaks
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Good people
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Beaverton, OR30 november 2017
Goodwill was ok to work at. The employees were very friendly and helpful. If you're not a people person, might be best to work in the back as a labeller/stocker/sorter.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
its a job
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA30 november 2017
can be hard days like no help. You learn that the job mite not be for you. Management needs to communicate better. hardest part coming in to a mess and enjoyable part is getting off.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast work environment, but under staffed so extra working
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC29 november 2017
I enjoyed the job and the atmosphere, but being under staffed and working as a cashier was hard work. What made the job manageable were the customers and my coworkers.
Pluspunten
Learn to work fast paced
Cant shop day you work
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
fun work place
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York State26 november 2017
the work was nice soft pace the staff was good some times we had language barrier we did not speak same language manager and team so i had to translate a lot but it was fun the hardest part of the job was when client where not able to communicate properly the best part where the workers
good people
language barriers
great place
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Nanuet, NY20 november 2017
great customers, horrible management, good hours, good discount, good stuff good mission just horrible horrible manager when I worked there. I'm pretty sure she hated her job
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
decent starting job work place
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Wintersville, OH19 november 2017
This job is okay unless you like an air conditioned or heated work place. The management is fairly decent. The hours are steady. Many people fill the environment with drama.
vacation time
dramatic employees
Fat paced and fun
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Indianapolis, IN19 november 2017
A typical day consisted of working the floor, assisting customers, keeping thins in order, and stating on your toes. I learned valuable customer communication skills. Management was enjoyable to work with and orderly. Workplace culture was fun and supportive. Staying on my feet the entire day. Getting to know the customers and hear about their lives.
Working with the customers
Minpunten
Staying on my feet all day.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Fun and Laid Back
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Cottage Grove, MN17 november 2017
It was a great high school job! I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the environment and all of my coworkers. I now am looking for something a bit more professional.
Hours
availability
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Batesville, IN16 november 2017
I enjoyed my time at goodwill. The people and customers are friendly the work is not very hard but there is always something to be done. We would start the day by filling shelves with stock before we opened. Next we would get our registers I order for the day. Then we would open and though out the day we would sort clothing since we are only allowed to keep clothes on the rack for a short time period the tags are color coded so we would have one color tag to pull and send out those clothes each week
Pluspunten
Easy, good hours, friendly people
Minpunten
Requires a bit of lifting
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
very stressful & unprofessional
Cashier/warehouse (huidige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL16 november 2017
Goodwill are not who they claim to be. they fire good people & can't keep a good management team. overall they will give you a job then cut your hours too.
free food often
shady
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I liked working at good will.
cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  The Dalles, OR15 november 2017
I liked working at good will. The people there were amazing and it was a fun place to work. I was happy to go to work every day and see my co workers. And the mangers we goo to.
No Benefits
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL14 november 2017
Started out as a part time at the Port St. Lucie West store as a cashier, never missed an day never late and after six months moved up to full time. So after a year no paid time off no benefits I had to find better employment for myslef
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren