Reviews voor Retail Sales Associate bij Goodwill Industries

828 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 14.171 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Nice Company but changes needed
Retail Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Statesboro, GA8 oktober 2018
- Day to day it's a good place to work
- soft skills
Management is so-so
- Customers are rude when it comes to prices (worst part)

- employee recognition
short lunch breaks
retail associate
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ6 oktober 2018
I worked directly with the public--the customers made there purchases and I scanned them, which would create there total--by the computer. They would pay with cash, or credit card. I enjoyed working with the customer and had a great times-laughter, kindness
Pluspunten
seeing my regular customers, enjoying conversation with them, sometimes just be there with a smile made them happy
Minpunten
sale saturdays were the worst...
1,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Management is poor, coworkers are better.
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  North Windham, ME3 oktober 2018
A typical day at Goodwill NNE consists of being on the Donation Area for 5+ hours, sometimes being down there alone for 1+ hours alone.
I learned how to communicate with people better and how to get tasks done at a quick pace when needed, I learned how to run a cash register and do cash, credit/debit transactions. I also learned how to use pallet jacks, some manual and a motorized pallet jack along with a pallet stacker and a tilter.
The manager is the reason I am looking for a new job, the assistant manager, supervisors and Sales Associate 3's are fantastic people to work with, however the manager is not.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say is the Donation Area. Cars can line around the building and it can definitely be a challenge to keep everything going smooth.
The most enjoyable part of the Sales Associate position would be coworkers and our customers. Regulars will come in and you get to connect with them, learn about them, and really make a good relationship with customers.
Assistant Manager, Cashiering
Short breaks, Manager, Donations, Pay, Hours
good company
Retail Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL3 oktober 2018
a good company to work for and this company pay well and i was able to provide for my family the necessary things that was needed, i will recomeded this company to someone.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Goodwill is good for a person who is retired or want a second job
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Macon, GA1 oktober 2018
Goodwill is good to work for as a second job or to earn a little extra income or if you are retired. But I wouldn't make this a main source of income.
Pluspunten
You get discount on clothes
The pay is low
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
it was a great starting point for my career
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA1 oktober 2018
Working at this job was good work experience. it helped me get on my feet. it was faced paced work enviromment. I recommend it to anybody that is starting off.
help me get on my feet
not enough hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoyed working with our employees. Our store did not have a lot of turn over.
Store Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, AR 7273030 september 2018
Due to the amount of customers that all stores services and the fast pace of the job rather you are on the floor or in the back doing production( which even our management does) the pay scale should be higher across the board. Also the company should be more receptive/involved when our neighbors suffer fires or economic hardship. For a company that advertises that it helps disabled persons--there is no job at the store level that accommodates persons with disabilities.
Easy job (mentally) but Very physical
Minpunten
High standards and not suited to someone suffering from disabilities.
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL27 september 2018
Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
Strong command of MS Office (MS Word, MS Publisher, and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Attention to detail and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Bedrijfscultuur
Wouldn't recommend, stressful and unrewarding
Retail Store Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Clarita, CA26 september 2018
I was there for about 2 years, and I worked very hard, the management was great, but as time progressed benefits were cut, and the only ones gained were the ones that the stained mandated were necessary, and even then when I had sick hours to use, they were never recorded.
Cool stuff to look at
Minpunten
Work too hard for too little
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall I enjoy working at Goodwill. I would recommend anyone with entry level experience to apply at Goodwill its a great place to work.
Retail Salesperson (huidige medewerker) –  Cleveland, OH26 september 2018
Working at Goodwill has allowed me to develop my skills in the area of customer service as well as be able to handle pressure of the day to day work environment. Goodwill prides itself it the developmental process of each of their employees and reward them for their hard work and loyalty.
n/a
n/a
Love this Job
Retail Sales (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV24 september 2018
If the pay was enough to meet my responsibilities I'd probably stay at Goodwill forever. Love the people that come in, love the atmosphere, love non profit work, love learning, love to help people, love knowing that I'm doing a community service at the same time, love that they work with disabilities.
Minpunten
not enough salary to sustain life
good will
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hastings, NE21 september 2018
use be fun place work and team players, co workers. but with so many new management. now prices have change so has management. you can learn different skills on the job,find right fit for you.
good team players
Minpunten
no health insurance for part time, not enough hours
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Shelbyville, IN20 september 2018
Great work environment I was completely comfortable it has a lot of life opportunities you get hands on with customers because there are a lot of regulars which you get to know on a one on one basis
Nice co workers n staff
None really
understaffed
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Newington, CT18 september 2018
I am forced to work almost 30 hours a week on top of full time college student because they wont hire more people and when they do they are high school students that don't have the availability. You are rewarded by hard work by being given more or too much till you get overwhelmed.
15 minute breaks
Minpunten
low pay, no advancement, large workload
Bedrijfscultuur
productive and fun workplace to work at
Retail Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Rowland Heights, CA17 september 2018
the most enjoyable is helping the customers when needed and the culture is fun place to work at and i learned how to count money and helping the customer open the fitting rooms and do the money and learinging how to do the cashier
Bedrijfscultuur
A challange,alot of hard work
Retail Associate/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  West Covina Ca.17 september 2018
They expect a great deal of YOU. Sometimes you can get overwhelmed with everything they demand from you. IF you don't meet your quota you can get written up. Extremely difficult to keep your chin up.
Pluspunten
Once a month we get a shopping day. We get 35% off.
Minpunten
Have to look over your shoulder all the tiime.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
The job was very hard but at times it was fun,
RETAIL CLERK/ ACCOUNTING CLERK (voormalige medewerker) –  Shreveport, LA15 september 2018
I work for the company for over 20 years and during that time the management change and the company and values changed. there were a lot of cut backs. I worked in most areas of the company one of the last area I work in was the Accounting department I sorted mail post payments made out deposit slips. I felt like I made a difference in the company.
It's kinda mixed
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  North Charleston, SC13 september 2018
At first it was nice and it had a simple routine to it, but then it started to feel repetitive.I mean the say that they have flexible hours, but it felt like I had to close constantly and only had like on or two day were i opened. At first I was fine with it cause some of the other cashiers couldn't close for certain reasons but then it started to wear on me. I remember my manager telling that the shifts switch each week so that things don't seem unfair but it really seemed like that.
employees discounts
inflexible work schedule
Bedrijfscultuur
A lot of work for little pay
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Norco, CA12 september 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. This job stressed me out. The clients are awful. The only thing great about the job was my coworkers. Management needs work.
The Job Was Good But Not The Manager
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomfield, CT11 september 2018
A typical day at work was kinda slow paced. Me and my coworkers got along just fine. I learned that just because someone smiles in your face does not mean they like you. The manager was rude to employees and costumers and some even wrote reviews on Google. The workplace culture was good because of my coworkers and supervisors but otherwise it was dull or stressful. There wasn't really a hard part of the job besides cleaning up after closing. The most enjoyable part was talking to costumers and helping them find what they need.
You get a 25% discount, 15 minute break or 30 but its unpaid
Minpunten
Rude manager, and broken glass
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Goodwill Industries. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag