HEB Employee Reviews

Showing all 6.634 reviews
5,0
Great company to work for. The connections built from it are incomparable.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TX15 October 2019
Mid weekdays are usually the slowest, while the weekends are the busiest. Work flow is well, teamwork is always crucial, and social interactions with coworkers is effortless. Management is always easy to talk to and very understating.
buen ambiente de trabajo
ASESOR DE VENTAS (Former Employee) –  Vinos y Licores14 October 2019
Buen ambiente de trabajo con buenas prestaciones y crecimiento laboral.
Pros
prestaciones
Cons
comedor pequeño
Satisfactory
CASHIER, GAS STATION ATTENDANT, SELF CHECKOUT ATTENDANT AND BOOKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX14 October 2019
It was a fun environment to work at, but management was not optimized and producción was never maximized
HEB distribution
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TX14 October 2019
Great workplace , great customers, good co workers. Had a great time there but unfortunately some workers are let go and i am one of them. But I had obtain experiences that I can use in the future.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX14 October 2019
The culture there is very welcoming and fun everyone gets along with everyone and management is excellent. They work with everyone's schedule and no favoritism.
Checker
Checker (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TX14 October 2019
I greeted customers, checked groceries, bagged groceries, accepted payment via cash, check, credit card, WIC, and Food Stamps, carried out groceries, and retrieved grocery carts from the parking lot when needed.
3,0
congested workplace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX14 October 2019
No time to really learn the job and there are promises made that doesn't get kept. Also there inst a set schedule you may work a four week rotating schedule or a six week rotating schedule. Don't be surprise if you look up and your working five days instead of four days. (4 days/10hr shifts)
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
short breaks
Very good employer
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 October 2019
Heb is an amazing company to work for. Besides the great starting pay they also provide you with a full 2 4 week training that is in my opinion second to none.
2,0
Favoritism is what I disliked
Customer Service Associate/parking lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX14 October 2019
Management was poor and unfair they had favoritism they didn't pay enough they wouldn't treat you fairly they never help they only ones to get raises were cashier's
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Favoritism
excellent
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Midland, TX13 October 2019
working at H-E-B is a nice place to work if you like to be inside and away from the harsh outside environment. typically you learn at your own pace but as time goes you have to get faster at your job.
4,0
It was normal and good people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Del Valle, TX13 October 2019
It was a fun experience I learned a lot and it wasn't that bad.Also the management wasn't bad at all they made sense and understood if you had to stay a day
4,0
Fun place work pace to meet new people and good raises
Team-member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX13 October 2019
HEB is a great company to work for you get good raises and they also have good benefits. I would recommend any to work there. This company is growing rapidly why not join now while you can
Pros
Flexible hours, raises, and friendly co workers
Cons
Short breaks and management could be better
5,0
Good
Meat and Deli Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX13 October 2019
Employee job descriptions identify and spell out the responsibilities of a specific job. They also include information about working conditions, tools, equipment used, knowledge and skills needed, and relationships with other positions great experience
H-E-B is for the Partners
Lead of General Merchandise (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX13 October 2019
I worked 7-4 all week and closed once a week 1-10 and worked 32-40 hours a week sometimes overtime up to 42-50 during the holidays. I started HEB working as a bagger and within a month I was a cashier with a dollar pay raise. 3 months later a manager in general merchandise asked me to cross train in her department. I then joined that department and became the lead over my own department. It is a great company to move up and grow. With competitive pay.
Pros
Great Benefits, Competitive Pay, Room to Grow
5,0
Company that does try to help out theie employees
Checker (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX13 October 2019
I was able to help my sister our when I need to because of severe health issues. HEB was able to make my hours flexible enough to be able to do that. Good place to work.
1,0
Terrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TX13 October 2019
Was treated differently because of my injuries. Had no help when I needed it most. ASM's seemed stuck up. If you weren't in a group you were out if luck.
5,0
Fast-paced, challenging, and friendly environment.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TX13 October 2019
It is easy to make friends with your coworkers. Hard-work is expected at all times. Must be able to handle fast-paced environments and constant movement. Management can be difficult to deal with but they are there to help you along with customers. Putting customer satisfaction first will help you in every aspect of your work life.
Pros
Breaks are mandatory, coworkers are nice
Cons
Advancement is difficult if you're not noticed early.
Great Company
Checker (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TX12 October 2019
I worked for the service department and I felt like the could train the cashiers and baggers better. That way they are able to achieve the goal or standards that our managers want us to reach
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
No overtime
Good place to work!
Pharmacy Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TX12 October 2019
I like my employer, coworkers and managers. My only problem is my department is stressful. If it wasn't for my coworkers I would probably leave sooner. There are ways to transfer and it doesn't seem too hard to do so either!
2,0
It was fun....at first
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  500 W Canyon Ridge Dr, Austin, TX 7875311 October 2019
There were times where I'd feel targeted by certain managers, and I felt like the company didn't have my best interest at heart. I felt like they weren't very flexible with hours and they didn't try to work with me in regard to my schedule. Some of the managers were also very abusive of their power because they know that they'll get a slap of the wrist. I used to have a lot of fun working there but as time went on management sucked the life outta the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.

4,3