Holland & Barrett Reviews

Alle 311 reviews worden getoond
Not a fun place to work
Sales Advisor (huidige medewerker) –  Manchester15 december 2017
Horrible place to work , not allowed to talk , even if it involves work . Too much work required to do all at once , For the amount of work and learning you have to d o, the wages are diabolical ! Feel under appreciated , don't have to get a break up to 6 hrs, on the whole a very bad company to work for !!
Pluspunten
A doughnut if you work very hard
where do I begin !
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
ok work place
Retail assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Bromley, Greater London12 december 2017
Most enjoyable part of job was the people you work with, as well as the satisfaction of helping customers. Management good in most part, but very much dependent on store.
holidays
no breaks under 5 hours
Was deze review nuttig?JaNeeRapporteren
Too much
Sales Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Hartlepool, Durham9 december 2017
The management are so unorganised you get texts changing your shift at 9 pm. Very unfriendly. Forced to be in customers face. Poor pay and too many hours.
Discount
Bad management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Fun and rewarding
Assistant manager (huidige medewerker) –  Kent6 december 2017
Holland and Barrett is a great company to work for if you are interested in following and sharing knowledge on leading a healthy lifestyle, diet and natural beauty, super foods and so on!
It is good fun you do learn a lot and gain qualifications, you have to put a lot of your own time and effort in however.
You do have to commit a lot of of your own free time to the company for training, you do not get paid each time you open or close the store, uncertainty of secured hours, a lot of hours being cut but their profits only get higher!
Health is a touchy subject so you need patience and expect rude demanding customers, despite your hard work and friendliness.
But overall I love working there, I love being in a health shop, its just my patience for rude customers are wearing thin
I am just seeing what else is out there and avoid customer facing unless its specific...
25% staff discount, Good training programs, promotions
Minpunten
Uncertainty of hours, losing contract hours, rude customers
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
A cute little shop
Supplement adviser (voormalige medewerker) –  Llandudno5 december 2017
Lovely place to work. They are considerate of their staff, ensuring they're all trained and looked after. Training days are regular and you get to meet staff in the same shoes as you from all over. Managers support your training and help where they can. And you can practice while on the shop floor in remembering and learning what things are.
Training
Needs a bigger store
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
It's alright.
Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  South East30 november 2017
As with every other review I've seen - the pay is dreadful considering you are expected to help people with their health, you can make someone seriously ill if you make the wrong recommendation. Your commission only gets given to you if you achieve 75% satisfaction based on surveys that customers can fill out. This is a terribly flawed system as people will be more inclined to fill out a survey if you do something wrong rather than if they receive a positive experience in store. I have never received my commission but the managers use it as a threat, they tell you how much money you will be getting and say you won't receive it unless surveys improve. I'm a supervisor and lone trade multiple days a week, but inexplicably I'm on the same rate of pay as the store assistants! When questioned management say that's normal. What's the motivation to be a manager if there's no pay difference?!
25% discount. Overtime and training travel expenses paid
Minpunten
Poor management structure. Clueless area management, problems never resolved
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
very productive
Being a supervisor for Holland & Barrett (huidige medewerker) –  Holland, UK24 november 2017
A typical day at work would be nice and joyful, the team all work together to beat the targets for the day and enjoy working together as a whole. A strong team
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 5Rapporteren
Stayed way too long.
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 november 2017
The whole company is a completely and utter nightmare, I handed my notice in after being here a year and the management reply with well we will replace you easy. Targets are far too high for the areas the stores are in. The pay isn’t anywhere near high enough for what you’re expected to do.

If you enjoy lone trading, being treated like a dirt bag and not getting paid anywhere near enough, you will love it.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Discount.
Minpunten
Lone trailing, management attitude, training far too intense, lack of decent wage, the list could go on.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 11Nee 1Rapporteren
Always focused on sales
HEALTH SALES SUPERVISOR (huidige medewerker) –  London14 november 2017
Typical day will be focused on sales and despite the company pushing customer service as the aim, staff have to acquire positive feedback just to get their commission and they have to do periodic tests to remain on the commission pay role. A low paid job with high expectations. Staff face customers who generally are unwell and seek knowledge about their health so training is intense but the pay does not recognize the dedication such industry trained staff have to face. Despite being a retail store, staff are dealing with health issues every moment.
Good staff discount.
Minpunten
Tests have to be passed to get your pay plus commission
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 8NeeRapporteren
Hated every moment.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire13 november 2017
Very poor rate of pay even when left with the responsibility of managing a store. Often working on your own first thing in the morning and from around 4.30 onwards in the afternoon.
20% discount
Pay
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 9NeeRapporteren
Freindly team
Sales Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Yorkshire and Humberside9 november 2017
Friendly helpful team in our shop but as a company I would not recommend this company if you like spending time with your family as not flexible at all with weekend work, i think they expect to much of you for the wages you get and why are people expected to loan trade? Wrong and dangerous!! Loyalty cards are a pain and they won't make customers come back, great customer care will, which our shop went out of our way to do.
Staff discount
Minpunten
Loan trading, not flexible, greedy money makers, sundays should be on a rota
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 10NeeRapporteren
Awful company
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  London, Greater London2 november 2017
3rd worst company to work for in 2017. That says it all. Don't waste your time!
Staff is not appreciated, you are never good enough.
Bullying management.
Too many
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 12NeeRapporteren
Knowleagble place to work
Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Supervisor21 oktober 2017
Very fun place to work for, nice people you could say that you were working with family.

Working in Retail has it's ups and downs.
When you have young kids is difficult to be working long hours shifts.
Pluspunten
A very human and decent Manager
Flexibility
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 7Rapporteren
Enjoyable experience
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Morden, Greater London17 oktober 2017
Job involved loading deliveries weekly and generally keeping stock replenished on the shop floor. I learnt a lot from my manager about health food and supplements and was able to relay that to customer.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3Nee 5Rapporteren
rubbish
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Wallasey11 oktober 2017
The worst place I have ever worked. They have no understanding of their employees at all and do not help when help is needed. I had the worst time there.
taken for granted
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 15Nee 1Rapporteren
High expectations low pay
Store Manager Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Coventry10 oktober 2017
I used to enjoy working for Holland and Barrett for the first few months, as i had to move and get a transfer to other side of the country I found the new management was terrible and she was never talking to the staff only when the area manager was there.
Poorly pay for the expectations and hard work, also no chance for overtime only if someone is on holiday. Commision is based on costumers reviews which i don't see it fairly.
You don't feel valued and useful for the company.
discount
no hours, poorly pay
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 24Nee 1Rapporteren
Terrible management
Sales Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Braintree, Essex9 oktober 2017
When I started I had a great manager but after she left I was bounced from manager to manager, messed around with my hours and when I made a serious complaint about some inappropriate behaviour nothing was done. I was asked to lone trade while under age and never had noticed of my hours changing.
Good training
Terrible management
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 13Nee 2Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
A good company to work with
Presenter and Producer (voormalige medewerker) –  London26 september 2017
This was a good company to work with on producing vegan recipe content for their youtube channel. They are a household name so that helps when mentioning this job to future employers
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 13Rapporteren
decent pay
Weekend Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  London24 september 2017
good pay and training provided was excellent. however slowly company was going downhills with regards to pay and keeping their employees happy. commission system was changed where some months you would risk not getting any commission at all due to 'poor' performance.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2Nee 9Rapporteren
great loyal staff
Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Scotland21 september 2017
lone working is a major part of your job at holland and barrett. it was getting too much to take to be perfectly honest and dangerous at times with cash and shoplifters.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 11NeeRapporteren