IMEC

IMEC Employee Reviews in Leuven

Leuven22 reviews
5,0
during my internship at Imec on self-assembled monolayers for interface engineering for nano-IC applications, I learnt how to work with different deposition techniques, such as PVD and ALD, and surface characterisation modules, such as FTIR/ATR, XPS and water contact angle measurement
4,0
Many challenging research opportunities. You will be surrounded by highly educated and passionate about their jobs folks.
Good place to start your career in research/industry-oriented environment.
2,0
l'ambiente é stimolante ma la gestione non é sempre affidata a persone mature e responsabili.
Pros
buoni pasto
Cons
no meritocrazia
4,0
Une expérience enrichissante tant au niveau professionnel qu'au niveau relationnel.
Très bonne entreprise qui favorise la diversité avec une très bonne ambiance au travail.
Pros
Les collègues
Cons
rien
2,0
I worked at Imec for 7 years as a equipment engineer. Safety when working with heavy and or toxic metals was very poor. If you are ambicious Imec is not the company for you. If you work to live, Imec will be a very suitable company to work for.
Pros
low expectation on work ethics.
Cons
no carreer path.
3,0
Je ne déverserai pas mon fiel en public concernant les RH et le management chez IMEC. Cela serait indécent et impoli. Je ne les ai pas trouvés à la hauteur globalement.

En revanche, mes collaborateurs de terrain étaient compétents et agréables. Il y a des moyens presque illimités pour réaliser des projets. Il est possible de proposer des projets facilement.
Pros
Mes proches collaborateurs étaient compétents et agréables
Cons
La gestion du site est à revoir
3,0
Possibility to work with different projects, but not with latest technologies. Communication need to be improved, especially for people working on the same project.
Pros
work/life balance.
Cons
Low salary, no possibility to grow
4,0
Bij imec werk je aan de toekomst in een heel aangename sfeer en omgeving
5,0
I worked with really great scientist to develop the best tunneling oxide for c-SI solar cells. My manager was an incredibly guy who was quite friendly and helpful when it comes up scientific discussions.
5,0
I really love working at imec. This is very high-tech place working with the giant electronics companies around the world.
4,0
imec is an international company. The environment is friendly, motivate and respectful. It's high tech and there is always lots of opportunities for creative people.
5,0
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile per tirocinio universitario di 6 mesi.
4,0
Students are highly regarded and respected. Job culture at higher levels lacks internal mobility especially for foreigners
3,0
IMEC is a large player in the semiconductor industry and releases multiple patents a year. It is a privilege to be a part of such an innovative organization and being able to take part in state of the art research and development.

It can however improve in guiding people in their development plan throughout their careers. Hardworking employees are not rewarded for their performance and flexibility seems to be working only in one direction, which is employee towards employer.

Employees with ambition and who are keen to expand their skill set, are not given the opportunity to do so.
4,0
Fun colleagues, growth opportunities, learning organisation culture
positive atmosphere

dynamic due to lot's of different nationalities

atmoshere between industrie and university
3,0
I learned how important it is to clearly communicate to other people specially if you need something to get done
I liked it very much that you have to do a large variety of tasks during the day

The hardest part of doing a project as phd student in a company is that you are taken seriously because everybody only cares about the projects for external costumers
Pros
Not so stressful workplace
Cons
Company strategy is mainly based on costumer preferences
5,0
I enjoyed a lot when I was there being a R&D process engineer intern. My supervisor gave me great freedom to plan my work and arrange my working schedule. In return, I exceeded expectations,
4,0
I worked in IMEC's state of the art cleanroom. It was a great experience to work in this cleanroom with some of the best engineers and scientist.
I was an industrial affiliate representing Philips research.
5,0
Elaboration and consolidation of characterization test methods for micro-electronic devices in order to establish or improve new reliability models. I supported research engineers on 2 projects related to reliability of thin material layers and VIA holes on integrated circuit. I studied their behavior under thermo-stresses to consolidate mathematical models. I performed electrical measurements on new components with different electrical techniques using new technologies in order to found new reliability models
Motivational Environment
work culture is good

Management is well organised
4,0
Gevarieerd werkschema, actieve deelname bij release van nieuwe processen.
Deelname in prospectie en opstart nieuwe toestellen.
Pros
Maaltijdcheques, hospitalisatie-en groepsverzekering
Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMEC. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9