JCPenney Reviews

Alle 15.030 reviews worden getoond
Slow-paced
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Warwick, RI17 december 2017
A typical day at work would be helping customers find a specific brand of clothing or size. When able to, organize as much as I could so it would be easier for customers to look around
More hours around holidays
Slow-paced
Bedrijfscultuur
It's an alright place, but needs work.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hayward, CA17 december 2017
I loved the job itself, but my "team" wasn't much of a team. I experienced a lot of racist comments from fellow coworkers and management didn't seem to care. Some weeks I didn't get a day off, was promised things that I never received, and when the end of the season was over, no one told me, I just stopped receiving hours.
Pay and hours
everything else
Stressful place to work!
Customer Service Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA17 december 2017
This is a very stressful place to work and there is no type of communication at all. Any issues or problems that you have will go on her when speaking to management about it. You are consistently forced to ask customers to apply for a credit card. Staffing is very short and things are very unorganized.
Great co workers
Minpunten
Hard to get coverage for breaks and lunches
Productive place
Sales of Mattresses (huidige medewerker) –  Daytona Beach Fla.17 december 2017
Busy place at times. Management expects you to stand for 8hrs, even if no customers in area. They hired me to sell Beds, on partial commission, and have me selling everything and doing stock work in other areas. This makes it hard to sell beds, since you can't see department.
friendly employees
Standing entire shift.
Bedrijfscultuur
corporate needs to step in
Sales Associate and Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Sugar Land, TX16 december 2017
jcpenney in first colony mall in sugar land, tx is a terrible work. management is the worst of them all. corporate needs to step in and see why they have such a high employee turn over, and the pay is not enough for what you have to deal with!!!!! if I could give a negative it would be -8. and if you are in school stay away cause they do not care....
no cons
Minpunten
worst management team, corporate please step in or shut down!!!!
Bedrijfscultuur
stressful but ok at times
Sales associate (huidige medewerker) –  Nashua, NH 0306016 december 2017
not too bad of a place to work for first retail experience
i enjoy the people i work with
hardest part of the job would be certain people you would have to deal with
Bedrijfscultuur
Being a salon coordinator was rewarding
Salon Customer Service coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Killeen, TX16 december 2017
As a salon coordinator , I learned so much about the salon industry. With all the knowledge I learned,I was able to become a salon owner.I learned management skills, inventory, and administrative skills.
JCPenney Lenexa Call Center
Call Center Champ 2 and Trainer (voormalige medewerker) –  Lenexa, KS16 december 2017
Working at the JCPenney call center is Lenexa is a standard call center job. The culture is very relaxed and most of the people are friendly. There is virtually no dress code and even supervisors dress extremely casual. Associates are supposed to follow metrics, although at this particular call center the metrics are no where near as strict as other call centers. This is nice in that you are not going to be disciplined just because your metrics are poor.

The bad side of the relaxed culture is the lack of structure. There is no real clear definition of what the expectations are to be considered a good performer and the metrics are not uniformly enforced. Job performance, annual reviews and advancement (if any) are more so based on how much the supervisors and management like you as opposed to how well you actually perform.

When I received my annual review, the person who wrote it and explained it to me admitted they had no idea how I performed and the feedback they gave was so generic it could be applied to anyone. I was given a very minimal raise and was very disappointed to say the least.

Unfortunately the only thing this call center is not flexible with is the attendance policy. It has an incredibly confusing point system and I had difficulty finding any supervisors or management who were able to explain it clearly. The attendance policy is very restrictive and does does make for a good work life balance. Regardless of whether or not you have an excuse for your absence you are still docked for it. On top of that, requesting days off is very difficult.
  meer... I asked for days off 6 months in advance to go to a family event and was still denied. The people who approve time off are out of state and there is no way to talk with them directly.

Another issue I had with working here was the management. There is a complete lack of clearly defined expectations so when you go to a supervisor or manager to ask about feedback and development everything is very vague. The management does not seem to take any accountability and when problems arise they offer no guidance and instead push resolving the issues back on you. I often had a hard time speaking with any of my managers because they were not there when I worked, or they were talking with each other. Some supervisors would not even respond to emails I sent them asking simple questions about attendance and other policies. Additionally many of the supervisors seem to be more focused on badmouthing and undermining each other instead of helping associates and developing them. The other extremely frustrating thing about the management is that you can ask 4 different supervisors the same question and get 4 different answers! I struggled at this job to find anything that management seemed to agree on.

By far, the worst part of this job is that there is little to no room for advancement. The highest it seems possible to go is a lead trainer position at $14 an hour and there are only 2 of these positions available. Once again, because there is a complete lack of clear job expectations these positions seem to be given based on how much management and supervisors like you instead of how well you perform.

For a career-minded individual who is looking to climb the ladder and be compensated appropriately for their hard work I would not recommend working here.

For someone who is simply looking for a job where all they have to do is show up everyday, on-time, not concerned about advancement and doesn't have a need for flexible scheduling; this job would work fine.
  minder
Pluspunten
Co-workers are nice, very relaxed dress code-even for management, okay benefits
Minpunten
No career advancement or growth, weak management, inflexible attendance policy and scheduling, low pay
productive work place
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Clearfield, PA16 december 2017
I didn't work here for long and the time that i did i was having problems in my pregnancy but they worked with me in many ways. its a laid back productive work environment.
nice enviroment
gets really busy
It's a stressful job
Sales Associate wemons/mens shoes (voormalige medewerker) –  Amarillo, TX16 december 2017
It's hard it's very fast past depending on what department and your skills depends on how u do it's like a video game where all the levels set on hard lol you and about 10 of your other associates plus 4 managers all have to recover (pick up) the entire story too to bottom till it's done sometimes we'd start at like 9 or 10 and wouldn't end 12
Worth Your While
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Part Time Employee) (huidige medewerker) –  Frederick, MD 2170315 december 2017
JCPenny is a good place to start working if you want to get into business because you will meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and work in different departments and learn many tricks of the business. I have also learned patience, and got the courage to stand for what I believe in because it is very easy to get swayed in commercialism and vanity due to exposure to pretty things.
Atmosphere at the workplace is pleasant and management is encouraging and friendly, and easy to speak to, if one has any issue about anything. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do everything that you are suppose to do within the limited time that you were there specially during peak season, and the most enjoyable part is the time spent talking to people and getting to know their preferences and what makes them smile. The most lovable part is when someone tells me that I made him/her feel good and he/she leaves feeling satisfied and cared for,promising to come back because he/she was served above and beyond he/her expectations.
discounts, camaraderie
short breaks
Great place to work.
Department Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Houma, LA 7036415 december 2017
JC Penny is a fun and productive place to work. They are fast paced and fun. The managers are great to work for and caring. The company had great benefits.
Fun place to work.
no cons
Great entry level job
Sr. UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator (voormalige medewerker) –  Wauwatosa, WI15 december 2017
Performed a variety of tasks that allowed me to gain employment into the enterprise IT field. Great place to work for people just starting out with their IT careers.
Great people
not compensated well enough
Its was OK
Warehouse Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Sumner, WA15 december 2017
I really kept to myself when i was on the working line. And when it was break all of us would go outside and bs so all in all it was chill.
And for it being my first job i was pretty content and happy i just wanna be independent and to be able to provide for my son again.
Pluspunten
being able to be yourself
idk
Bedrijfscultuur
Generally a good place to work for parttime
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Annapolis, MD15 december 2017
Management was initially very communicative but then became harder to reach. Long hours standing up with very little time for breaks did become difficult. I often had to have family drop off food that I could quickly eat within a 15 min window. That was not enough time to actually go purchase and eat food well.
JCPenney Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Baytown, TX15 december 2017
very interactive, productive. Able to cross train. I enjoy my job, but it is very stressful during the holidays. Customers can be a bit rude. Lack of management.
discounts. paid time off
low pay
Fast paced, fun environment
SALE ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Frisco, TX14 december 2017
I spent my days here helping customers, running cash registers, cleaning the store, and regular sales associate stuff. I got to see and talk to a lot of different people everyday and was never bored. It was a lot of fun. The hardest part was probably cleaning the store when we closed because it was Christmas and the store always got so messy.
First department job
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Deptford, NJ14 december 2017
This was my first retail job it was a little tuff to keep up but I got the hang off it. The store was well staffed and put together but unfortunately I had to relocate and could no longer get to work every day
Cs
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Castleton, IN14 december 2017
Terrible place to work at , labor you to clean everything when you are understaffed always in every department. I would never work retail again after working here
Cashier and Utility Team Member
Cashier/Utility (voormalige medewerker) –  Langhorne, PA14 december 2017
Typical day was either working as cashier or working with Utility Team (they are separate positions, and not guaranteed). With the Utility team I would build displays, design graphical areas, organize stock and display merchandise etc.
Pluspunten
No direct supervision, creative vision encouraged, independence
low pay