JCPenney Reviews

Alle 17.599 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
It was good.
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Virginia Beach, VA21 juli 2018
Working as a merchandiser for JCPenney was great! I got to follow planograms and decorate stores many depts overnight. Play dress up with mannequins and got great discounts on merchandise.
A good place to work.
Loss Prevention Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Manassas, VA21 juli 2018
I investigated possible shoplifter and would apprehend and process them to appear in court. Check for store fraud and review receipts for possible theft at the register. The hardest part of my job was trying to blend in as a customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was catching shoplifters.
Good enviroment
Pay
unstable company, no growth
HR Manager/Operations Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Marshfield, WI21 juli 2018
Penny's is not a growing company. They have not embraced the next generations shopping preferences even though the have systems in place to accommodate. They do not train or promote programs to grow their business.
Unrealistic expectations
Salon Manager (huidige medewerker) –  California21 juli 2018
High stress. Expect you to pull off the impossible with no support or resources. Uncertainty of the company is unnerving. Upper management has zero relevance in the salon industry, and don't want to really hear the feedback of the experts.
Associate discount
Minpunten
Lack of recognition, lack of support and resources, bad management, high turnover
Great place to learn
Operations Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Lubbock, TX21 juli 2018
Learned a lot about how to run in the retail business and how to develop new skills and multitask to maximize the value of the customers' time and money.
Bedrijfscultuur
JCPenney is a fun place to work at
Merchandise Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Menomonee Falls, WI20 juli 2018
JCP is a great place to work at if you are just starting in the work environment as well as great people and experiences. We believe that all the associates should get recognized for their great work.
Too many changes
Cashier Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Georgia20 juli 2018
Too many changes are being made that do not work for small stores. It makes the existing employees jobs harder and there is no compensation. This company preaches about the customer and front line employee comes first but thats a big lie.
Bedrijfscultuur
JC Penny is an excellent company has provided great status and stability.
Cosmetology-Hairstylist (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX20 juli 2018
I have been with this company for several years. It has excellent customer service and provide benefits to suit employees needs. This is a company who has many growth through out the company. This company is establish through out the US and employ many employees with benefits. I appreciate this company because of the growth. Employee and employment enhancement through a variety of educational programs. Customer service is a major priority. Customer Service is number on the chart. This company believe in giving their customer quality service from day to day. I feel very privileged to work for this company. My experience has grown in cosmetology service. I am ready to teach others to become excellent students in the beauty world and becoming excellent customer service enhancing and motivating others. This company has been one of my biggest motivator in the work field, this company is recommendable.
Excellent customer service.
Minpunten
lLimited to certain jobs skills
jcpenney
Customer service/sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Myers, FL20 juli 2018
Loved working there before the old manager left. The new manager chose favorites and was not easy to talk to. Great company, good pay, fun work environment.
Ok
Merchandise Processor (voormalige medewerker) –  Reynoldsburg, OH20 juli 2018
Great place if they would be able to grt managment on the same page employees are i enjoyed working there was a great place im not so sure now havent beem there in years
Great pay
Hard work
Energetic, fun, friendly.
Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Bay Shore, NY20 juli 2018
I love interacting with the customers, helping with their questions and needs about a product. It was a bright, fun environment which I enjoyed along side other workers and customers.
Fun to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Petersburg, FL20 juli 2018
Helping customers Making sure that they had all the helped they need. Christmas time is the best time to work there. You get to wear fun shirts and get meals
Great
Jewelry Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Tyler, TX20 juli 2018
A great place to work. The managers are so nice but the job advancement and potential for making more money in increments of 6 months at a time are not there. I need more money.
Relaxed atmosphere
Not enough break time
Bedrijfscultuur
Great company to work for with the right management
Operation Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Concord, CA20 juli 2018
You will find good and bad in companies procedures when you are trying to go with the flow of all the new trend especially when you are working retail.
Working with good people
Minpunten
Not enough people to work with
Dirty store not sanitary
Visual merchandising (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY19 juli 2018
This store is a poor environment to work. You must be young a student and needing part time hour only.
This store is not for a head of household that need to provide for a family.
Discounts
Minpunten
Dirty enviroment very low pay job.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work with great people
Retail (huidige medewerker) –  Paducah, KY19 juli 2018
My experience at JCP has been a good one but the big reason i am leaving is because of pay reasons and my degree. I am wanting to get a job to fit my studies.
Pluspunten
PTO after working for years
Minpunten
Short breaks, no benefits until youve been there for at least three years if im not mistaken
Good place
Commissioned Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL19 juli 2018
I worked there while going to school. They were always helpful when I needed off for school things. They helped me to be able to work and go to school at the same time.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Awesome place to work
Manager/Stylist (voormalige medewerker) –  Winona, MN19 juli 2018
I loved my job at JCPenney. If our store had not closed I would still be with the company. I had great general managers and my salon staff was the best.
Bedrijfscultuur
Happy and easy going work place.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Mishawaka, IN19 juli 2018
When merchandise would come in I would place it on the sales floor, and organize by size, color, and style. JCP was very educational for me as I learned how to size customers and mark items if they needed alterations. My first 13 years with JCP was spent at the Benton Harbor, MI store, which was quite small and co-workers were close knit. The year I spend at the Mishawaka, IN store was a great experience as I was able to spend more time in the clothing area, as opposed to spending lots of time at the cash register while at the Benton Harbor store. Because Mishawaka employed nearly 100 employees I never did get to know names of some of the staff. During my nearly 15 years at JCP it was very enjoyable to interact with the guests.
Pluspunten
Being able to make guest have a pleasant experience
Minpunten
Part time health insurance was eliminated when Affordable Ins Act started.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Started as a decent job and things changed
Shoe Expert (voormalige medewerker) –  Baltimore, MD19 juli 2018
I was really enjoying working for the company in the commissioned shoe sales department. I was making decent money, had a costumer base and took care of one the "store in stores." They changed CEO, I went to no commission, still made good money, but they pushed the credit cards hard and I didn't really vibe with that. I valued actual moving of product.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij JCPenney. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag