JCPenney Reviews

17.849 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 17.850 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Work for another retailer
Cashier and Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Cincinnati Ohio (eastgate mall)16 augustus 2018
I worked here for over 2 years. It progressively became a worse place to work over time. The management is awful, the pay is extremely low compared to other retail stores, and the work load is the same no matter how many people they have staffed. It’s either extremely busy or extremely dead. I had several co workers who were put down by management and went to higher supervisers and nothing was done. I would never recommend this company to work for .
Discounts (20%)
Minpunten
Pay, management, no way to advance, stressful
Awesome Place to work
Merchandise Assistant Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  La Grande, Oregon15 augustus 2018
JCP was an amazing place to work. Everyone felt like family. There was great team work with management and staff. Everyone was treated with respect. I miss working with all my coworkers. Great experience all around.
Family like environment
Store closing
Good learning experiance
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  DuBois, PA15 augustus 2018
I worked during summer and during winter break and loved it. I think it was a very fun job and I was able to learn a lot from it. Very nice people and very laid back although, we always got things done and valued our customers
Nice people
Cash Counting Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Brooklyn, NY15 augustus 2018
My day would start with sorting out the cash that's in the safe and making deposits. I look at the records to see if money is missing or a customer made a duplicate payment. track money in and out of the cashroom.
Bedrijfscultuur
Alot of work placed on individuals for not enough pay
Retail Sales associate (huidige medewerker) –  Manchester, CT15 augustus 2018
This job provides little to no training when you start and you basically learn everything you need to know from your fellow associates. It also demands you do almost every job in the store, but still barely pays you any money. Instead of hiring people for specific jobs they hire people to do everything so you are a cashier, but you also work the floor and help customers, but you also have to check the fitting rooms and clean them, while also cleaning the store and making it looks nice, but wait im not done, you also have to put back all the clothes you take from the fitting rooms after you finish rehanging them because customers are very rude that come into this store and just throw the clothes on the floor. You are on your feet the entire time you are working constantly walking around and if you try to sit you get yelled at mean while the managers sit down stairs in there offices all the time. Also this job is very big on getting customers to sign up for credit cards for their store, and that's all they really care about is getting credit applications. The pay is better because you do start 15 cents above minimum wage but the job does get bad after a good month or so of working there. I would suggest this job to someone that wants a discount on nice clothes and needs a not good but better then minimum wage retail job.
20-25 percent discount
Minpunten
on your feet all day running around, little to no training just videos
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Mishawaka, IN15 augustus 2018
Jcpenny is a great place to work they are always having sales that are affordable. They also offer an employee discount on merchandise in the store to
Dinner on holidays
Short lunches
Good Place To Work
Sales Associate/Merchandise Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM15 augustus 2018
Working here feels like being part of another family. There aren't as much benefits for me because of my hours, but other employees love the benefits they receive.
The employee discount is great here.
You need to be willing to push yourself to advance in this company.
The hardest part of my job is trying to satisfy an unreasonable customer and trying to ask for a longer lunch to pick up my son.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I could help someone, whether they are a customer or an employee.
Annoying
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Peru, IL15 augustus 2018
If you're closing, you're stuck picking up the slack that other employees who don't feel like doing their job at their assigned section. You are stuck in the store until every department is tidy for the opening shift the following morning.
discount
Lazy co-workers
Great work environment
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Valley Stream, NY15 augustus 2018
I have had a great experience working with jcpenney friendly and professional environment loving people. Great management team good support for employees
Terrible place
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA14 augustus 2018
Terrible management, can never find a supervisor when you need one, very sarcastic and not very helpful when you need them to help, take their time coming to assist in any task. Higher placed workers talk down to the workers lower in the ladder, openly talk smack about customers, ignore customers when asked for help. Tend to pile on multiple tasks on already busy associates. "Do it my way or leave. We don't need you" attitude
Discount
Unreliable supervisors and management
Low paying job
Sales Support (Pricing Captain) / Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Littleton, CO14 augustus 2018
Enjoyable company to work for but the pay is pretty low even if you have experience going in. Its a good part time job for someone who just needs a little extra cash.
Fun
Manager (huidige medewerker) –  GA14 augustus 2018
Great place to work. The systems are outdated by the Company is trying to replace where needed, I enjoy working with my teammates and the hardest part is the amount of turnover.
Bedrijfscultuur
Easy job in air conditioned clothing store
Customer Service/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Benton, AR14 augustus 2018
If you can show up, fold clothes, and run a cash register you'll do fine. I enjoyed running the shoe department because you dont have to fold them and online orders were fun.
Bedrijfscultuur
Competitive and hilly motivated.
Cosmetologist/Stylist (huidige medewerker) –  Hatillo Municipio, PR14 augustus 2018
JC Penney is a good store to work in do to the hilly motivated team work. It is very organized and has a well disciplined staff. The company is very goal orientated and has a excellent compensation system that keeps the employee on their feet.
A typical day
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Novi, MI14 augustus 2018
The typical day was alright. For the most part I was a cashier and working at there was not bad unless you don't have patients. The customers can give you a hard time but all of the coworkers are really nice and helpful.
Sales Associate
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Myers, FL14 augustus 2018
Customer service was a vital part of my position, maintaining a clean and organized work environment as well. During the holiday months I was asked to make the announcements over the loud speaker
Always stayed busy
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ14 augustus 2018
This job taught me how to be fast paced. Being in the location it was, it always kept the store busy which meant more cleaning needed to be done. The workplace culture was amazing. I got to work with different people and met a lot of people working there.
Minpunten
Working very late hours every day during the holidays.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very relaxed work place. Holidays where the closest to tough work. Overall Good experiene for someone with no experience.
Stock Replenishment/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, CA14 augustus 2018
Work was not hard at all here. Not to easy to advance. Holidays were the only times tough would get rough with disrespectful customers but always maintained the up most best customer service. Part time or full time available. No complaints besides the rate per hour these current years and breaks were too short.
Pluspunten
Discounts, 3 floors of friendly co workers to assosiate with.
Minpunten
No free lunches with short breaks, pay at that time was extremely low per hour.
Great peers
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Ahwatukee, AZ14 augustus 2018
Enjoyed working with others that were there longer than me, always learned something new everyday about everyone. Never have a dull moment. But too hot
Discounts
Short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Good Job for a fulltime student
Customer Service Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Chico, CA14 augustus 2018
The only thing I liked about working at JC Penney is that they don't give a whole lot of hours which was okay when I was in school full time and couldn't work too much.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij JCPenney. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag