JCPenney Reviews

14.985 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Bedrijfscultuur
only good for pay. nothing else.
sales (huidige medewerker) –  Lakewood, CA10 december 2017
I couldn't enjoy my job there, it was an uncomfortable work environment. Always understaffed so my dept which got the worst treatment had to fill in associates for the other understaffed depts. We worked hard for hardly any recognition. Some employees were cutthroat and really bossy for their position. 5 managers with big egos and different ideas. The worst job I've had.
leaving
Minpunten
managers, customers, rules, lack of communication.
Productive and great benifits
Stylist and Receptionist (voormalige medewerker) –  Rochester, MN10 december 2017
Love working at Jcp. Great benifits and fit with my life style. Help work around my parents so I could take care of them. Gave me chance to improve my abilities with on going education. !!!!!

Wanted to retire there but got a chance to relocate to a warmer state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Poor health coverage
interesting work environment
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Slidell, LA10 december 2017
its a great work environment and it gives you good benefits when working here it also allows you to have something dealing with communication on resume
discounts on personal items
rude managers
Chill place to work
Order Filler (voormalige medewerker) –  Reno, NV9 december 2017
It’s a good job to keep but They are too strict with their employees when they get hurt. They’re friendly kinda helpful they always help you out when yu are back up
Pluspunten
No you have to take lunch or you can buy food there
15 mins breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Workplace was stressful, but Co-Workers made it enjoyable.
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Valley Stream, NY9 december 2017
The workplace seemed to get busy often, but this made time go by fast.

Job helped me learn how to provide excellent customer service, leadership, and organization skills.

Workplace environment was great and my favorite part of the job. I became good friends with my coworkers in a short time and my bosses as well.

My bosses were very flexible and welcomed anyone who wanted to work more hours.
Pluspunten
1 or 30 minute breaks. You can basically work as much as you like.
Retail Check Ckerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Lenexa, KS9 december 2017
Fast paced, loved my department had to meet quotas so they was on us about production stats. Long walk to break areas but I consider that working out. I enjoyed working with the people in my department and have learned different department so I learned how to do most jobs in the facility so that was a great opportunity .
No free lunches
Breaks reasonable.
Bedrijfscultuur
engaging with and serving different people
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY9 december 2017
being a customer service representative entails on to listen and be attentive . I've learned patience while working with people of different personalities.
customer engagement
Minpunten
unprofessionalism by managers and supervisors
Bedrijfscultuur
very compettive poor management discriminates due to age
Merchandise Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Amarillo, TX9 december 2017
very competitive poor management plays favortisms towards certain employees they go by point systems for absents if not liked by management it is used against you to get rid of you
no pros
to many to list
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxed and fun environment.
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Yucca Valley, CA9 december 2017
Clock in, organize store (clothes, items, front desk) help customers, cashier, cleaning, answering phone calls, making orders, getting customers to sign up for credit cards, count money at end of night.
It was a fun and goofy workplace.
Managers were very understanding and accurate with their work.
No discrimination.
Impatient customers.
The employees, they make the time past by.
Pluspunten
Helping people, good benefits, fair discounts
Minpunten
Black Friday is a nightmare, poor training
Great team enviroment
Dept. Manager for Multiple Depts. (huidige medewerker) –  South Burlington, VT9 december 2017
JcPenneys is created on a team driven environment, that likes to promote from within. They are very supportive and engaging. While working at Penney's, I learned how to drive retail sales in a new industry, while successfully continuing to lead a team that provided superior customer service.
The management team is very involved in the basics of day to day operations while moving into the next seasons. As a member of the management team, I was encouraged to bring new approaches to the associates that struggled meeting expectations. This lowered turnover by allowing associates to feel the results of success.
Pluspunten
associate discounts, reward programs, approachable management
Minpunten
the requirement of nights and weekends
Miss JCPenney
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Salisbury, MD9 december 2017
The one thing I loved about JCPenney is that they were very family culture oriented, and that the managers really took care of their employees. I would have loved to work for them again if they were in Salisbury, MD.
flexible hours
Minpunten
low pay, and not enough hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good job for young students.
Sales Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Farragut, TN9 december 2017
This was a good job to get some income while attending school. The job was rather simple and easy to learn. They supplied employees with ample break time.
Bedrijfscultuur
Nice place to work and a good company to work for
Replenishment Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Alexandria, LA8 december 2017
A typical day fro me started off unloading the trucks stocking the merchandise, I learned to work as a team and to get along with others I loved the management team they also helped out a lot the most enjoyable time working there is meeting new ppl
Pluspunten
the discounts, being able to go in early
Minpunten
unloading the trucks and being short staffed
Bedrijfscultuur
Terrible workplace very stressful and frustrating.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Hamburg, NY8 december 2017
they are always short staffed which leads to me being pulled from my department to help in other departments which makes it so that my department ends up being a mess. There is a constant pressure to get customers to open up credit cards and the associates who excel at that are treated better and allowed to get away with more. It is very stressful and I do not recommend working here.
discount
Minpunten
availability is ignored, holidays are mandatory work days.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Chula Vista, CA8 december 2017
I think it is always important to have a great team, it makes the work environment better and thats what i liked about jcpenney everyone there was so nice to each other.
productive day
poor hours
fun but sometimes stressfull
Merchandise Operational Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV8 december 2017
fun place to work but sometimes stressful and lack of hours and NO OVERTIME. great people to work with , loved working with them , sometimes management in the store was clueless/lazy
great place
SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY8 december 2017
was a great place to work.loved my hours and my pay.it was always a busy place that kept me doing something at all times.i had all types of learning experiences and expanded my customer service skills along with my sales.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  McAllen, TX8 december 2017
Good place to work if you are still in high school or college. Although due to not enough hours store is typically a mess. Management expects productivity with less manpower.
Minpunten
not enough hours at times.
Poor management
Task Team Member (voormalige medewerker) –  Southaven, MS8 december 2017
This is a great company to work for but the management is awful. Breaks were deducted from salary but not given. Scheduling was always incorrect in system. There was not adequate training. Most employees were found hiding during work hours to keep from working.
Flexible hours
Minpunten
Unlawful breaks, poor management, lack of training
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great company to work for.
Salon Manager-Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Lawton, OK8 december 2017
Wonderful company. Spent most of my career there. Loved the store and my team. Retired from there but I wouldn't be opposed to going back if asked. Very diverse and fun environment.
flexible scheduling and benefits