JCPenney Reviews

Alle 15.862 reviews worden getoond
Would not recommend.
Operations Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Appleton, WI16 februari 2018
Over worked, under paid (all but management makes roughly 8.25 per hour). It appears that no one form the corporate Head Quarters on down knows what they are doing and clearly unsure of the direction the organization is headed. They seem to be headed down the same path as other retailers trying to find their way without any luck.
Pluspunten
They have some great associates
culture
Fun place to work
Ladies Dept. Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  LaPorte, IN16 februari 2018
Loved putting out new merchandise, working with the public,the employes I work with ,small store & catalog Department was awesome.
To many years since I worked there.
Hours
No Insurance
Bedrijfscultuur
It is a good place to work if you don't mind 2 or 3 four-hour shifts per week.
Part-Time Material Operations Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Lewiston, ID16 februari 2018
The people are great to work with. It is a relaxed environment. A typical day is unloading boxes from pallets and putting the boxes in their appropriate spots in receiving and sorting through the boxes to put the merchandise onto carts or clothing racks to take out onto the floor.
Pluspunten
It is an early morning shift.
Minpunten
You only work 2 or 3 four shifts. There is no health insurance for part-time.
Human Resources
Human Resources (voormalige medewerker) –  Florida16 februari 2018
Unreasonable amount of work with duties that do not relate with your job tittle. I am a team player but the amount of hours given and the amount of workload do not match.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Too much workload and not enough hours
customer service rep
Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Wauwatosa, WI16 februari 2018
the job is ok...its closing so i dont have much to say
i learned a lot. there was much room for growth
i advanced a lot..the job wasnt hard, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers
Bedrijfscultuur
Lead Warehouse Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lenexa, KS 6621916 februari 2018
It was a good place to work with good benefits but not much room for advancement from within. but they do give raises yearly maybe more depending on the job until you are toped out.
Jewelry Department
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Farmington, CT15 februari 2018
Maintained Jewelry department.
Cleaned glass cases.
Managed cash registers.
Took inventory of selected jewelry two times daily.
Restocked merchandise.
Pluspunten
store discount, recognition, and extra incentives.
Minpunten
failed to file all my doctor notes as proof of my doctor care at the time.
Good Experience
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Poplar Bluff, MO15 februari 2018
I loved working here and the people that I worked with. I got pregnant and needed more for my baby. LendNation offered benefits and better wages so I started there. Definitely missed my coworkers though.
Pluspunten
Loved the job, customers, coworkers.
Minpunten
No benefits and lousy pay.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR15 februari 2018
It was cool easy fun but I personally don’t feel I was treat fairly my last 3 Days. I totally feel that they overlooked my skills and only was focused on get credit apps more than having a satisfied customer/service.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great management and co-workers always kept you smiling
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Valparaiso, IN15 februari 2018
I enjoyed my time there and I really wish I didn't have to leave. I was the best job I had come across this far and I hope my jobs in the future will be just as great.
Floater (voormalige medewerker) –  Statesville, NC15 februari 2018
Great staff great teams always on top of everything keeping everyone on task and responsibilities. Always work to do everywhere you never go without something to do.
Lost my job
Bedrijfscultuur
Its not what it used to be.
Catalog Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL15 februari 2018
I loved my job until my old gm retired, managers left everything changed and all the new manager cares about is profit and credit, very disappointing.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Meeting the challenges of being a stocker
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bossier City, LA15 februari 2018
I have learned a lot about the merchandising of products and the correct displaying of furniture and other products for customers to view. The fast pace has helped me to improve my skills as a merchandiser.
Learning experience
Minpunten
Not enough hours and no room to advance.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Great secondary job
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (huidige medewerker) –  Chico, CA15 februari 2018
This place is great for a secondary job. Otherwise, you need to look somewhere else for more hours. Employees are regularly dropped to very low hours, even during the holidays I was getting about 8 hours a week (2 days). Co-workers are generally respectful. I've appreciated that managers typically ask questions before accusing their employees of faults. Like most retail workplaces, there is some gossip issues with certain "cliques" that can create problems. The workforce is generally younger (college-aged students).
Company Culture
Not enough hours
Productive, quick-paced workplace
ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT MANAGER (huidige medewerker) –  Omaha, NE 6811414 februari 2018
Any typical day always provides you with a task to be kept busy, never is there a lazy day. Sometimes expectations are set a little too high, especially when those who set them are unaware of the current working environment or those set to help you have little to no incentive to do a good job.
Honestly, I love Penney's and working there overall. The best part is being able to complete an assigned task and feel the satisfaction of doing an excellent job. If you do your job and what is expected of you, your job will be easy and fun. The management team, while catty at times, are incredibly easy to get along with and are always available for coaching.
Worst part of the job? The horrible customers every retail workplace is subject to unfortunately.
Bad Company
Sales Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN14 februari 2018
Be aware of this company. There is nothing positive about it. There was a lot of associates job lost and the company did not care. The benefits are not the best.
Hey
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO14 februari 2018
This job is no longer open. Had fun there. gave great hours. Made a decent amount of money. The hours where long. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Customers was nice.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I loved my store manager so i loved my job
Merchandising Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  McDonough, GA14 februari 2018
While I worked in Georgia, I loved my job. After transferring to Florida, I realized that my store manager made my job so much better. Each store is different. Working as a team seems to be a common priority.
Pluspunten
Great associate discount (25%)
Minpunten
Salary increases only happen once each year and are small
just moved back to Il.
Janitorial Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Machesney Park, IL14 februari 2018
if store would not have closed i mite have stayed on as maintenance there but the outlets closed and i did not want to work in the main store in the mall
Easy
Replenishment Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Daytona Beach, FL14 februari 2018
Early start and early leave. Not very difficult job, but not very flexible with hours. Fellow employees were great to work with. Management was nice and accommodating.

Algehele waardering