JCPenney Reviews

Alle 17.603 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
would go back
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Milford, CT17 juli 2018
met one of my best friends working here and i am so grateful to have met her i call her my little sister and i wouldn't change her for the world jcp will always get love
Terrible Work Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Midland, TX17 juli 2018
Management was terrible to the employees. Didn't care about our well being. I have lots of stories about this place. Very unprofessional. Rarely allowed any breaks.
Sinking ship
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS17 juli 2018
The company is a sinking ship. Not a lot of advancement opportunities. Management constantly cutting hours to save payroll. Employee engagement is nonexistent.
Poor Leadership
Sales Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, NC17 juli 2018
The Store Manager did not spend any time training me. I had to learn it all on my own. I feel I did an outstanding job. I had sales goals set for all of the department supervisors and updated them on a daily basis. We always exceeded the goals and beat last year sales. I worked on some of days off. The District Manager and I had several meetings about the Store Manager and the way he would assign me projects that I was not responsible for. He made me do them anyway.
Good Salary and Benefits
Poor Management
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job for teens looking to gain work experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Fairfield, CA17 juli 2018
Its an excellent job opportunity for teens looking to gain work experience and a summer job while out of school the only bad things is that you have some managers that don't do their job and some that will take advantage of you if you let them
Pluspunten
GREAT JOB FOR TEENS LOOKING TO GAIN WORK EXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH PEOPLE OR CUSTOMERS
MANAGEMENT CAN BE KIND OF SHADY
Bedrijfscultuur
Good pay and taylord hours. part time with no benefits
SELLING SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Reading, PA17 juli 2018
I sold shoes and other footwear and accessories on a commissioned basis, part-time during evenings and weekends while I also worked as a substitute teacher and English tutor. Because of these high-traffic hours I earned substantial commission. I also learned sales and prospecting techniques on an "on the job training" basis. The position was somewhat stressful as it was full service where salespeople found the shoes in the back stockroom for each customer and helped them individually, often having to work with numerous customers simultaneously when busy. Part time hours did not allow for any benefits or paid vacation days. Full-time employees made lower hourly commissions because of working during business hours when customer traffic was lower.
Pluspunten
Good hourly commisson base, education of customer service and sales techniques
Minpunten
No benefits or paid time off
JCPenney Logistics supervisor
SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR (huidige medewerker) –  Statesville, NC17 juli 2018
The workload is typically doable during the day with very little stress.
The leaders are fair and rational.
It is necessary to collaborate with fellow supervisors.
The culture is laid back most of the time but very driven when business dictates.
It is necessary to be flexible because the workload changes constantly and you have to be available to get it done quickly
Fair leadership
Minpunten
Pay, benefits, overtime without compensation for management
Best job I ever had
SALES ASSOCIATE, SR CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Lubbock, TX17 juli 2018
Had certain duties to do weekly, self suffiecient in after trained but was able to review on the duties given. Management was helpful and would recomment associates for new job titles, deadlines were met by many associates involved in process of duties, great team work. Company met their mission.
PAY, TRAINING, BENEFITS
STORE HOLIDAY HOURS
Flexible and Understanding
Designer (voormalige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ17 juli 2018
As long as you're applying yourself, the team is great! There's room for advancement. Our team got along pretty well and we enjoyed giving back to the community.
Pluspunten
Monthly birthday celebrations and holiday celebrations.
Minpunten
The year wait for benefits is a drag but understandable.
Nice environment
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Troy, MI16 juli 2018
JCPenney is a nice place to work. The associates there makes it easier to catch up to the speed there with ringing up the customers and how everything works there. JCPenney has flexibile hours and they’ll work with whatever your comfortable with.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work.
Human Resources Generalist (voormalige medewerker) –  Douglasville, GA16 juli 2018
Great associate discount on top of sales prices. Great company to work for with full benefits for full timer. Flexible work schedule. Management training program.
Pluspunten
Great associate recognition and associates events
Minpunten
Benefits only for full timer.
Fun workplace
Operations Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Oswego, NY16 juli 2018
Was relaxing and slow paced, was never too busy, Co-workers were laid back, could do anything you wanted as long as you were working. However, the hours were not the best which made the paychecks not too good.
Free lunches
Minpunten
Short hours, not enough pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
productivity
Hair stylist (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL16 juli 2018
that was a great experience for me the staff was great i have a wonderful manager she understand us an always be there for us when we need her we were like family .
Management Change
JEWELRY SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV16 juli 2018
When I began at JCP the management and staff were great, as years progressed management changed to become worse at all levels and this was the most frustrating. Procedures were in place and new management wanted to change them eventhough they were from corporate.
Pluspunten
on occasion breakfast and lunch was offered free
Minpunten
dept management was difficult and changed almost monthly
Bedrijfscultuur
Good people to work with and good management
Pallet Builder (huidige medewerker) –  Stead nv16 juli 2018
I like what i do. But not happy with my salary right now, and looking for an another job with better salary. I work with good people, my supervisor and manager are good people. Love working here
Fun and Great experience
Associate Trainer (voormalige medewerker) –  Gallup, NM16 juli 2018
I learned to talk to customers professional and greet anyone. The workplace was very well organize I kept my department cleaned and always restock shoes in every size. The most fun part was cashing my customers out and seeing a smile on their face.
Pluspunten
lunch area, fun dressing up differently for every special day.
Minpunten
no free food, short breaks
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cedar Rapids, IA16 juli 2018
I loved working at JCPenny's it was a great place to work, I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. It was great tot know that your sending home a customer home satisfied.
productive work enviroment
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Goldsboro, NC15 juli 2018
The company offered decent wages and opportunities to advance to another position along with fairly good pay raises.Jcpennys also offered very good benefits and vacation pay
Bedrijfscultuur
Far too stressful for associates
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  NH15 juli 2018
Initially this was a great place to work, until you upset management or get on the sh t list for one of the upper managers, then things can go downhill. Most associates are nice, but barely any do work. Would not recommend due to certain upper management. Also, there is a focus on credit cards to the point that if some associates did not sell as many as others (2 versus 7) they would get their hours cut without explanation. There were attempts at training to sell, but it truly is luck of the draw for what customer you get (some may have and not use, some may not want).
Pluspunten
Some management is good, associates are generally nice
Minpunten
Upper management, high turnover, high pressure and stress to sell credit cards
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun environment to work in.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA15 juli 2018
This was a fun environment to work in, that gave me the oppurtunity to work with many different types of employees and deal with many different types of customers.
discounts, employees
poor pay
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij JCPenney. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag