JCPenney Reviews

Alle 17.045 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun environment and great leadership
Sephora Senior Education Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Liberty, MO18 mei 2018
JCPenney strives to keep the customer at the forefront of all that they do. To be successful at JCPenney, one must work hard. Retail is not for everyone.

I love that the company advertises and helps you to get any sales objectives you are after. I love that there are no quotas. You can enjoy your customers and enjoy the world of sales.

Very team oriented and I really respected that when the higher levels of corporate came to the office they spoke to you and really wanted to hear your opinion with things.

While working as the Div 8 Women's manager, I was so nervous but excited to sit down and our district manager gave each person an hour of her time. She was personable and gave you great insights to business.
Pluspunten
Friendly environment, nice flow of customers
Minpunten
Possibly pay other retailers paid more but we did not have quotas
Had lunch area
Product Consultant, Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Erie, PA18 mei 2018
Enjoyed the widespread inclusion. They allowed for colored hair, jewelry and piercings, which was very refreshing. They did not discriminate when they hired me. When the girls at Sephora hired me they were very kind and open.
Free food sometimes, inclusion
Minpunten
One manager was not organized
Fun workplace
SALES FLOOR (voormalige medewerker) –  Downey, CA18 mei 2018
Working at JCPenney was easy. It has a very calm relaxing environment. The management wasn’t very helpful you would have to figure out stuff on your own.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Poor management
CASHIER (huidige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX18 mei 2018
Stressful work environment. Management takes advantage of hard working employees. Discount is decent, but that is the only bonus. Human resources is a joke.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Chaos
Specialty Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY18 mei 2018
The store is almost always in chaos. Clothes always thrown all over by customers, employees can not always keep up. Customers continuously complain that there is not enough staff and the lines are to long. Management is not on the same page. Some managers allow certain things to slide by while others do not which can also confuse customers and employees. It has been a rather interesting experience working here.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Managers and Employees utilize time of store hours.
Cashier - Woman's Department (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX18 mei 2018
Managers have made a big effort to work together as to best assets of each for company regarding job duties and timing, plus to utilize each employee as to store hours and duties to perform in the time frame they have to store time.
Pluspunten
holidays and special times really nice meals, and deserts provided.
no comment
nothing
Ink Tag (voormalige medewerker) –  Wauwatosa, WI18 mei 2018
nothing i dont have anything to say was just a temp job and i needed the money to take care of my family. The people was really nice but some employees could be really messy.
Great work environment
Customer Service Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Tucson, AZ18 mei 2018
Wonderful place to work both with employees and customers. Time goes by fast when you enjoy your work space. I've never had to deal with an irate customer.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Decent for seasonal
Relief Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, DE18 mei 2018
Unfortunately I was not able to work long for health reasons, but I enjoyed my time there. Very fast paced, with the ability to work closely with good people and customers. Everyone was nice and I got to meet some great people! Dress code was very relaxed and comfortable.
okay side job
Operation's Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA18 mei 2018
Typical day at work you clock in, usually on your time kiosk you have what department you would be working at and what you would be doing. If you are recovery team you would be organizing your department and making sure merchandise is in the correct place if not you would take it to its correct location. If you are in dressing room you would be taking clothes out the dressing room and organizing to take to correct department dressing rooms. If you are in cashier you would check out customers merchandise, as well as recovering around the cashier if days become slow. Great managers, and enjoyable part of the job is seeing the different characters entering and exiting the store.
Pluspunten
boost your customer service skills
Minpunten
not intentded for some one who wants a different routine daily.
Bedrijfscultuur
Competitive pay and nice compensation packages.
DROP SHIP OPERATIONS SR. SPECIALIST (huidige medewerker) –  Plano, TX17 mei 2018
A typical day at JCP can be stressful, it is a face paced environment. I have learned alot across the company in my 7 years there. There are no advancement positions in the field I am in, however compensation and paid time off are competitive. The most enjoyable part of my job are the ever evolving changes, and the creative people I have meet through the years.
Very Productive
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Flowood, MS17 mei 2018
I learned a whole lot working here even though some things I already knew I just became better at. Helping customers look for items in store to helping them order and cancel orders online. I learned that customers are what make a business the business. Anytime somewhere comes in to pick up and order I was more than happy to assist them with it. Making sure all clothes and merchandise were in its correct places and keeping things nice and neat. There was not anything hard about this job, there was nothing to it but to do it and it was that simple. I enjoyed everything about this job.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fairfield, CA17 mei 2018
I worked in the men's department, customer service, cash register, keeping the department clean at all time, helped customer find items on the floor or other store by searching on the computer.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and a no stress place to work
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, NC17 mei 2018
JcPenny was one of the best places I have worked at. It was very fine and had very nice co-workers working with me. It was in between slow and fast paced environments depending on the days.
Fun, but very stressful
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Midlothian, VA17 mei 2018
I loved working at JCPenney. The managers were amazing, and the majority of coworkers were too. Hardest part was the Z Racks, easiest was helping the customers.
Pluspunten
Build friendships, discounts, flexible schedule
Short breaks, racist manager
Attendance is key
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO17 mei 2018
Good luck holding this job if you get sick. Basically is like school where you need to give warning if you cannot be there for your shift, they like 24 hours notice (but sometimes that isn't possible). Then when you go back you need a medical note to not have the attendance held against you. It's bad pay for bad hours for dealing with really bad people employee wise and customer wise. Sometimes you are the only person in your department who works, especially since most of the managers do not care about anything else you do besides credit apps. The only pro is the employee discount from what I remember 15% off. The only time that would be handy to work here is the holidays, especially black friday. You get paid really well and you can place things on hold then for the deals quite early and leave it for a bit.
Employee discount, holiday pay
attendance policy, credit apps
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
I wouldn't advise it....
Customer Service Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Pine Bluff, AR17 mei 2018
I really would advise anyone over the age 24 to work at JCPenneys. The hours are very inconsistent. You don't get raises on a consistent basis. There's not a fair chance at advancement either. I see that as a job for young people or people trying to earn extra money.
Bedrijfscultuur
They buy the staff lunch sometimes, most people are friendly
Support Staff (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, CA17 mei 2018
JC Penny was a company I enjoyed working for about two years and it was my very first job, in my time working for the company my duties included unloading pallets from the shipment trucks, organizing and stocking merchandise from clothes, furniture, and home accessories, I learned a large amount about working retail and it was a job I really enjoyed being a part of.
Kind Staff, free Lunch sometimes
Over worked staff
Poor Management Drains Employees
Retail Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado Springs, CO17 mei 2018
Don't expect much support from management, especially when dealing with an angry customer. They're much more likely to give in to the customer's demands in order to keep them as a customer than to follow corporate guidelines.
Good work/life balance
Minimal support from Management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Fun Workplace.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL17 mei 2018
JCPenney was my first job ever. I felt comfortable and welcomed to the store when hired as an associate. I learned very quickly how to complete each task therefore making the job simple.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij JCPenney. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag