JCPenney Reviews

Alle 14.985 reviews worden getoond
its alright
Asset Protection Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Anchorage, AK6 december 2017
very stressful and takes up the majority of your time. The hours of operations changes depending on the time of the year. So during the holiday season expect to not get any time to spend with your family.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Newport News, VA5 december 2017
A day at JCPenney would be taking care of customers and cleaning or maybe helping rearrange some areas of the store. Most days are slow to moderate during the week, and most of the time you are rushed on the weekends and holidays.
work enviorment
hours and pay
Bedrijfscultuur
An okay place to work if you want to get your foot in the door.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Albany, NY5 december 2017
An okay place to work if you want to get your foot in the door. Good place to gain experience and really helps with communication skills with other people.
Not very good benefits
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Taylor, MI5 december 2017
Typical day at work consisted of running a register, and putting clothes away. Didn't learn anything I already didn't know how to do. Management was decent. Not helpful at times. Didn't have a hard part of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers.
It was very fast pace
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Spanish Fort, AL5 december 2017
My job was very fast packs and it was something i could get used to the cashier part i hated to do the ladies dressing rooms they were always a wreck but other than that the manager and team memeber were great
Got free lunch a whole week during Black Friday
15 min and 30 min lunch
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Tulsa, OK5 december 2017
I truly do enjoy my job, and also get along well the my coworkers. There is no typical day, every day is different but it stays the same pretty much all day. They actually make it a point to let you know when Management will be onsite, including the Store manager, just in case you feel the need to go directly to them. I have PCOS and management has been very understanding of my needed days off due to health issues. I work as hard as I can, but I often have to move slow, or have had to call in because the cramps have been too painful and they have been very understanding. They truly do care about their employees.
Pluspunten
discounts beginning with employment, sephora samples, christmas day off
Minpunten
short breaks, very early mornings
Bedrijfscultuur
Hardworking lounge to eat at with co-workers
Stock Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Honolulu, HI4 december 2017
Fast paced job. There is allot going on at one time for productivity purposes. very organized system for smooth workflow. Off loading big containers with merchandise was hard but it had to be that way. It was a very clean warehouse setting,
Minpunten
not enough breaks for standing long
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced and easy work
Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Pikeville, KY4 december 2017
I worked at JCPenneys for a while and I loved the environment, however the supervisors and store manager were just rude all the time and never wanted to help you move forward. They never understood your needs, and even if you worked full time hours, you were still considered a part time employee with no benefits.
Minpunten
Terrible pay, no raises, bad hours.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Fast paced
Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Arlington, TX4 december 2017
Its a good temporary job. It used to be a great workplace until everything changed with new management. Meaning, everything was completely changed around and as a part time employee you have no benefits.
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a great place for me to learn great customer service
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Tupelo, MS4 december 2017
A typical day at work starts off at seven in the morning to three. We started out going through inventory to put out and going through the prices and changing them.
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Oxford, AL4 december 2017
JCPenney was good place to work overall. I enjoyed working with customers and management was good. They provided great training and I got along well with co-workers.
enjoyed assisting customers
Minpunten
late nights if the store was a wreck at closing time
Poor management, no advancement
Visual Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Rock Hill, SC4 december 2017
Summary says it all, I worked here for almost 6 years, and only moved up because someone retired. But the pay was not enough, and once I moved up, the company cut my full time position back to part time, so I never received benefits, and only received annual raise twice in the six years that I worked there.
family like enviroment
Minpunten
poor higher management, no benefits
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and chill work place
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Hayward, CA3 december 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer find what they are looking for and helping them become part of the Jc Penny family. The sales associates and managers put a lot of effort and time into the work they do.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hutchinson, KS3 december 2017
JCPenney was a wonderful place to work. If my local store had not closed I would have recommended to anyone in need of a job to apply for a job at JCPenney.
Great place
Cosmetologist (huidige medewerker) –  Burton, MI3 december 2017
Everyone there seems friendly and easy to work work. I love the discounts as well. You also get benefits after 30 days. So many great perks. And management there is great as well.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Great environment
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Biloxi, MS3 december 2017
Wonderful work environment. This job has a very laid back yet very rewarding environment . they reward you for the hard work you put into the job and allow to to explore other departments,
Sells top line merchandise
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Council Bluffs Iowabusiness3 december 2017
I enjoyed working with people both coworkers and customers. JC Penneys is a well known retail store with quality merchandise. The coworkers were very respectful towards each others.
discounts
poor raises
It Was A Bit Rough
Jewelry associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Flint, MI3 december 2017
I got thrown into a position I was never trained on. You are trained on a basic register for about a day then you are thrown into a position. Any sort of special position (bras, jewelry, decor, etc...) you really aren't trained for. I found myself being asked a lot of questions I had no answer to. And when I was hired in I was told that I was being hired in as a regular employee, not a temp. Then I was suddenly out of a job and told it was because I was only temporary. I didn't get a chance to know the managers (LOD's) that well. And there is too much emphasis on the surveys and they credit card applications. You can be an amazing employee but you are worth nothing if you do not get those survey's and applications.
Minpunten
Lack of training, surveys and credit card applications, lack of management.
Fun
Hairstylist (voormalige medewerker) –  Pittsburg, KS3 december 2017
My first job right out of cosmetology school. I really enjoyed working with more experienced sytlists. They were great about offering advice on techniques and tips.
Bedrijfscultuur
Not bad, maybe not worth working for anymore.
JCP Online/ Warehouse Stock (voormalige medewerker) –  Lake Grove, NY3 december 2017
Had a fun time working there. Lots of corporate events and busy work. Company is doing pretty bad, so if working there, expect layoffs. Can be cut throat.
Pluspunten
lots of parties, good experience during the holidays.
who shops there anymore?