Reviews voor Cashier/Sales bij JCPenney

486 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 17.846 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Great Team
Cashier/ Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Syracuse, NY6 augustus 2018
What I enjoy most about working at JCPenney was the people that I worked with. Everybody treats you with respect and care about your well being. I learn a lot from my managers.
Hours are flexible
Not enough hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Very boring, very few hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hammond, LA5 augustus 2018
I left because I was getting too few hours and the work was super slow and boring. The shoe area was never organized and in order for me to actually have something to do every time I worked I would have to pace myself with what I did every shift because no one ever suggested What needed to be done on that shift.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great for getting your feet wet in the retail industry.
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA3 augustus 2018
PROS:
- Great management (some)
- Organized
- Clean environment
- Great loss prevention team
- Communication through walkie talkies with managers and co-workers
- Pay is direct deposited
- Can access work schedule and pay stubs online
- Employee discount (not much, but better than nothing)
- Not so strict on tattoos and piercings (as long as it's not offensive)
- Recognize and reward hard work

CONS:
- Management will force/pressure you to make credit card sales to the customers and if you don't meet the weekly goal they WILL let you go. I guess credit card sales is more valuable than great work ethnic and skills (BOO)
- No breaks
- No room for advancement
- Gets really busy, especially during the holidays
- It's not guaranteed that you'll be off by the end of the shift, especially if you close. Example: Shift was supposed to end at 10:30pm but carried out until 12am and sometimes later. Unstable time management. Overall, if the store is not finished before you leave, you'll stay until it is.
- Lazy co-workers
- My first day, I was thrown onto the registers. It was frustrating BUT I eventually caught on.
Bedrijfscultuur
Management was not well liked overall at that time.
Sales Associate and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Knoxville, TN1 augustus 2018
There was a great deal of turnover. Management wasn't fair and had favourites based more on popularity than work performance. Hours at holidays were awful, especially at Thanksgiving.
Discpount was good.
Short breaks & meals.
A fun place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, TN29 juli 2018
Work day was fairly busy but still good its all sbout people customers diversity easy company to come into i didnt feel like an outsider when i started there i enjoyed talking and assisting the customers
Associates like family
Healthcare
Pretty Good Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Idaho Falls, ID29 juli 2018
The management was really nice and listened and the coworkers were nice. As is typical sometimes getting break was a little hard sometimes but for the most part they tok care of you.

I was only there for a month, but they made me feel welcome.
Good non-toxic enviroment
Had to be on feet for up to 8 hrs
Good staff
S Grand Canyon Dr - cashier/sales associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV26 juli 2018
The company is good. Managers are nice and very genuine. Associates make you feel comfortable, they are kind. You get great discounts and benefits for yourself.
Bedrijfscultuur
How it was working in jcpenny
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY18 juli 2018
Cared more about their customers then their employees.Managers let the customers that come and shop mis treat the employees very messy store good sales though
GOOD SALES
RUDE MANAGERS
Fast Paced and Very annoying
Sales Associate & Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Sugar Land, TX18 juli 2018
depends on who your manager is, customers tend to be disrespectful, and customers feel obligated for a discount. I wouldn’t recommend working here unless it is your first job
Terrible Work Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Midland, TX17 juli 2018
Management was terrible to the employees. Didn't care about our well being. I have lots of stories about this place. Very unprofessional. Rarely allowed any breaks.
Bedrijfscultuur
its an okay place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, CA11 juli 2018
it was an okay job.
lots of refolding clothes. Cleaning dressing rooms. Hanging clothes. Putting away go backs.
The Holidays are kind of fun. Lot of different customers lots of sales. more or less hours.
great environment
cashier sales associate. (voormalige medewerker) –  woodbrige9 juli 2018
the main manager is irritating, always works in one department which is the home department and is rude to his associates.some of the managers tend to have an attitude when other associates ask the \m for help.
Pluspunten
fun associates, some good managers
Minpunten
managers are rude, always complain about something, not helpful, always working in one department all the time, and comes to tell us to clean up when everything is clean
Inconsistent Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR5 juli 2018
JCpenney has poor management, but tries their hardest. Usually hires new workers and forgets about their previous workers. A lot of relaxed coworkers, but strict managers that don’t their job.
Bedrijfscultuur
You have to be on your toes all the time.
Support Crew/Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, MI5 juli 2018
All they care is you have to constantly try to ask the customer to signup for store credit cards, they hardly train you on the cash register and you have to be slowly working on that till you pick up, all that management cares is signup customers so they get some commision out of it, and if you don't, slowly but surely your work hours shrinks to nothing and make you quite, really a sad place to work management rate is below zero. If you smoke you have 3 breaks otherwise just 1.
Pluspunten
There is nothing good about this place
Minpunten
Management have no respect for you.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
cashier
Sales Associate /Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Township of Woodbridge, NJ30 juni 2018
i am on register all day. arrive 15 minutes before starting clock in abou five minutes before start then there is amorniing huddle before store opens and e
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast moving and highly competitive
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Vancouver, WA28 juni 2018
Working for JCPenny, I enjoyed the position, but the environment was difficult for me to work in. There was little training with an expectation of a high learning curve. The management didn't work well with providing employees with the information about how to succeed the way they wanted, and were very pushy and abrasive when it came to selling credit cards.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  La Grande, OR25 juni 2018
I had the best manager ever!!! My experience was great. I enjoyed working with all if the great customers and all of my co-workers. Only one bad thing, no a.c. in the building so it was hot during the summer!
Employee discount
No healthcare
Very good working establishment
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY23 juni 2018
A motivational place to grow professionally and to learn new skills about communication. The team work is a plus. I enjoyed to work in a fun place where the team collaborate with each other.
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, KS19 juni 2018
I really enjoyed working at JCPenney and everything that I learned there. From cashiering to packaging a customer's order, I was able to generate many new experiences and skills. I was moved to a lot of different areas of the store so I learned the duties of many different positions which I think has helped me greatly. I really loved the environment and all of my coworkers. It was always fun and friendly and I felt like I belonged.
Discounts, Environment
N/A
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Joliet, IL19 juni 2018
The management at JC Penny was very good. I learned a lot skills working here such as unloading a truck full of merchandise, pricing merchandise, running a cashier, providing customer service. I really liked the other employees I worked with. Overall, it was a great place to work.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij JCPenney. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag