Reviews voor Cashier bij JCPenney

561 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 18.634 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Awesome Working Environment
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Santa Rosa, CA18 november 2018
Great People who are understanding and willing to help each other get the job done. I had no trouble performing since i had constant support no matter the situation.
People and environment
Retail
Bedrijfscultuur
No fun. Did a lot of duty's
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA17 november 2018
Replenish the whole store every day and night with my new job and made new friends I really enjoyed my work. CASHIER. Clean. Close. I learned from my crew how to fold clothes.
Free discounts
Work work work
Very fun and social
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Independence, MO16 november 2018
A typical day at JCPenney's is slow, but if it's on a Thursday through Sunday were really busy. I've learned how to sell the JCPenney's credit cards. The hardest part about working at JCPenney's is at night because that's the time where the sore has died down on customers. The workplace culture is very diverse and I enjoy it. The most enjoyable part would have to be how social and fun our team was. The management it very sweet and organized and just really uplifting.
$2 extra from each credit card applied for
Short breaks
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Billings, MT16 november 2018
is responsible for providing courteous, efficient, and accurate checkout service to customers in a manner that meets Our Brand of Customer Service expectations while meeting
Discounts
Short breaks
Review Summary
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Cloud, MN14 november 2018
A typical day at work would consist of going into fitting rooms and folding clothes that are unfolded on the tables before open and while where are open. Management is a little poor and unorganized lately.
Cashiering
Cashier/Recovery (huidige medewerker) –  Escondido, CA12 november 2018
The job is boring and very slow. Customers can be rude but its not the hardest job in the world to do. If you're looking for an okay start............
productive
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Six Forks Crossroads, NC8 november 2018
the work day is productive as long as you find something to do in which there is always something to do. You have to learn to do many things on your own or from your co-workers. the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers but for the most part its a really good starter job.
fast paced
short breaks
Fun and very productive.
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA2 november 2018
It's a very warm environment. Associates have good relationships which is good for the customers. There is always something to do so you're never bored.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Meh
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Tx30 oktober 2018
They have favorites upper management just sits in their offices, they order you around more than teach you or help you. Their communication is extremely poor
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
every body
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Wellington, FL30 oktober 2018
Every body was nice. i learned a lot about retail. day was fun i enjoy my job. i learn how to fold clothes and how to greet customer and answer the phone.
free lunch
short break
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
I loved working at JCP!! Wouldn't be leaving unless I had to :(
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV30 oktober 2018
A typical day at work was usually laid back with bursts of busy-time as customers would checkout in waves. I learned how to sell credit cards to people! Everyone was incredibly friendly and I am leaving only due to lack of funds and relocation. The hardest part of the job is staying late to recover the store after a busy shift and the rude customers. Every other moment was incredibly enjoyable, especially the deals you get as an employee!!
Pluspunten
discounts, bonus for selling credit cards, family w/ peers
Minpunten
rude people, bending over to fold
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Worst job I've ever had
Seasonal Sales Associate and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Aurora, CO29 oktober 2018
I worked at the JC Penny in the Aurora Mall in Colorado. I worked as a seasonal sales associate.
Here are a few words to describe my experience:
Terrible Managment -
Too many hours had me working overnight at 17 years old.
Terrible Pay- do not expect a raise or advancement
The managers never talked to me, smiled, asked how I was. They never clarified my training and how much I had received. They criticized my uniform despite never telling me what to wear, I had to learn from other employees. The general manager is nice when you meet her but after that, she will never talk to you.
Never told me how to receive my pay.

Had a security guard (secret shopper) question if I was stealing because they did not give me a name badge until a week into my job.
Minimal training because the managers are lazy.
They will schedule you double shifts and leave you alone in sections of the store for hours. Very old-fashioned breaks and break room as well as register system.
I worked during Christmas so it was VERY stressful but the managers did nothing to relieve this stress. I was a very hard worker but only got told once that I was doing a good job.
You will be forced to work during Thanksgiving probably 9am to 12am (overnight)
Terrible communication between managers simply because they do not care, do not bother going to them for help it is a useless task.

I did not learn the register until about 3 or 4 weeks into my job so most of the time I was just folding clothes.

They did not tell me they were not going to hire me back until SEVERAL weeks later in an email.
  meer...

Managers have favorites if you are not one of them they will ignore you.

The security officers will watch what their employees are doing more often than how many people are stealing. There were a lot of people stealing every day, but the managers did not care.

Do NOT work for this company if you are a hard worker and like being acknowledged and promoted for working hard.
Do NOT work for this company if you have never worked in retail before (this is not a good place to start)
Do NOT work for this company if you have a busy schedule outside of work they will schedule you whenever they feel like it.
Do NOT work for this company as a seasonal sales associate and plan to move into a permanent position they will not hire you.

So many more problems to share but I think these are key.
  minder
Employee Discount
Minpunten
breaks, salary, managers, training, hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and facepaced job. loved ging to work every time.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Stockton, CA29 oktober 2018
Open Cash drawers for the day, clock ing, restock shelves with clothes. practice customer service on a daily bases. Cleaned out dressing rooms every 20 minutes during my shift.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Cool Job
CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Peters, MO26 oktober 2018
It was an cool job, it gave a lot of hours. But there was a lot of turnover in the time period I worked there. It is a job where you just ,ight go home and your feet are killing you. And you really have to have good customer service and hospitality.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
loved my job at JCPenney
Customer Service Retail Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New Jersey25 oktober 2018
I loved going to my job everyday ...I loved helping all my customers
and they all left me happy after the sale...I was very kind and very
friendly they all wanted me to wait on them...I made many friends
during my 25 yrs working at JCPenney...18 of which were full time
and parttime when I started collecting Social Security...I would still
be working there if they did not force me out on May 1st this year...
I learned how to get along with my customers and co-workers...They
all loved me and I loved them...
GREAT HOLIDAY PARTIES...GREAT APPRECIATE LUNCHES
NO REGRETS...NO COMPLAINTS.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Job Description
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Odessa, TX23 oktober 2018
I have been with them for over a month and I applied for Cashier but I have not been trained for a Cashier I have only been put in Recovery and this is a group of associates that clean and fold clothes around the store.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
everyone is friendly who can have fun with at times
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Warner Robins, GA18 oktober 2018
I loved working at jc penny, I always knew when to take on a task and when to help someone else. once I clocked in, usually my area was a mess, so I got straight to work, mainly folding clothes. management was great there, out of three different managers, all of them were understandable and good to have a chat with whenever they would pass you by. if I had to pick the hardest thing about this job, it wouldve been taking on making sure your department is as clean and nice as it can be.
Pluspunten
free snacks, good hours, friendly environment
fast paced environment
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 2Rapporteren
Store Display Setter
DISPLAY SETTER/CASHIER (voormalige medewerker) –  Dearborn, MI15 oktober 2018
Great fun, wonderful people. Would recommend for people looking for a job during college. Set store for sales, holidays and department settings. Make the store comfortable for shoppers.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Productive workplace
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  greensbor nc14 oktober 2018
They stay busy. Coupons are really golden in this establishment, coworkers are friendly. I feel the management needs more work, they could have been more open to schedules and pay.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Jcpenny Review.
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Beavercreek, OH9 oktober 2018
Jcpenney is a very nice store to work at but it's to slow of a paces for me.I have recently located and live to far away.I like to stay busy and this isn't job to do that.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 2Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij JCPenney. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag