Reviews voor Sales Associate bij JCPenney

4.059 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 16.986 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Very Productive
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Flowood, MS17 mei 2018
I learned a whole lot working here even though some things I already knew I just became better at. Helping customers look for items in store to helping them order and cancel orders online. I learned that customers are what make a business the business. Anytime somewhere comes in to pick up and order I was more than happy to assist them with it. Making sure all clothes and merchandise were in its correct places and keeping things nice and neat. There was not anything hard about this job, there was nothing to it but to do it and it was that simple. I enjoyed everything about this job.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fairfield, CA17 mei 2018
I worked in the men's department, customer service, cash register, keeping the department clean at all time, helped customer find items on the floor or other store by searching on the computer.
Attendance is key
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Kansas City, MO17 mei 2018
Good luck holding this job if you get sick. Basically is like school where you need to give warning if you cannot be there for your shift, they like 24 hours notice (but sometimes that isn't possible). Then when you go back you need a medical note to not have the attendance held against you. It's bad pay for bad hours for dealing with really bad people employee wise and customer wise. Sometimes you are the only person in your department who works, especially since most of the managers do not care about anything else you do besides credit apps. The only pro is the employee discount from what I remember 15% off. The only time that would be handy to work here is the holidays, especially black friday. You get paid really well and you can place things on hold then for the deals quite early and leave it for a bit.
Employee discount, holiday pay
attendance policy, credit apps
Fun Workplace.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Miami, FL17 mei 2018
JCPenney was my first job ever. I felt comfortable and welcomed to the store when hired as an associate. I learned very quickly how to complete each task therefore making the job simple.
Fun work place
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  West Melbourne, FL16 mei 2018
They put you alone and almost never give you any help when you needed it. They forced you to sell credit cards and at the end of my time there they said that they where going to have to start firing people if they didn't get the goal they had for the end of the month. That is when I started looking for another job.
nothing
Short breaks.
Bedrijfscultuur
It's a chill on somedays, Rough on others
JCPenney Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Ocoee, FL16 mei 2018
Honestly, As a sales associate a typical day of work consisted depending. If you were scheduled to do recovery you would be putting go backs up and fixing clothes your entire shift and if you were scheduled for cashiering you were to stay at the cashier and ring up people, scan coupons, and when you had no one at line you would assist with go backs. There wasn't much to learn besides how to be on the register and how to put back clothes. Management cares for themselves but they do stick up for associates when customers are rude. The workplace atmosphere was chill somedays but whenever sales and coupons were around or it was a special occasion like mothers days all the clothes were everywhere and the amount of customers were overwhelming. Managers really and truly only care about sales and credit apps.
Each credit app/ $2
Can't get 40 hours, No training
Bedrijfscultuur
good job while your in school
SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Worth, TX16 mei 2018
flexible hours, young work environment.
worked here while i was in high school, the job was fine but couldn't see myself working there for a career. decent job for a student.
flexible hours
low pay
Jcpenney
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN16 mei 2018
If you're a great worker thats dedicated and determine to get your job done no matter how long it takes. This is the place. I loved the experienced very calm and relaxed pace place to work.
Fun in the beginning
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Grand Prairie, TX16 mei 2018
they dont value you after a while and make you feel like you are not good enough, small raise and no signs of promotion even if you have worked for it
discount at sephora
management
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a great place to work.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Kennewick, WA16 mei 2018
Is not a great place to work. The management is not every nice. They got mad because I wasn’t on winter break when management thought I was so he had to change my schedule.
productive and great experience
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Waldorf, MD16 mei 2018
Enjoyed most customers and team members. Love the sales and discounts. Did not agree with the cut back in hours after the holiday rush w.as laid off .
customer appreciation
Minpunten
not enough hours or part time sales employees
Bedrijfscultuur
Fairly good place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Corpus Christi, TX16 mei 2018
As far as retail stores go, this is a pretty good one. Only reason i had disagreements at all was with the end of the day procedures. At closing we have to clean up, which is understandable. However it is not just your department it is the whole store. If you work in shoes and your place is spotless by closing, you still gotta go around the store. Again that is understandable, but there were some coworkers who made it harder on purpose. I would see them in their area cleaning up super slow and could hear them talking about how they take long on purpose to get more hours. I understand wanting more hours but I was fine and wanted to go home. Literally I would clean shoes and the whole first floor, just me and 3 people, go upstairs help them then get the call that we still have work, go to that one area and they are not even half done. Its not JCP fault for these employees but it felt so unfair for me to go in a small group and clean the whole store just to come back to those people not doing their work.
Pluspunten
Fast pace, fair pay, good management
Minpunten
end of the night coworkers sometimes
Accepting
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Greendale, WI15 mei 2018
The managers at the time were not trained for their posting. The Human Resources person did not what they were doing and were not cooperative, would not accept day off requests and was rude to employees and customers. Duties and responsibilities of a manger were pushed on to underaged employees. It was hard to get promoted and get a raise. All of the sales associates were fantastic to work with, very kind and accepting. It was very easy to get shifts at times, but hard to get rid of shifts. Because of this position I learned how to make someone feel worthy and feel like someone cared about their opinion. There were some very loyal and very kind customers I got to serve often and your occasional tricky customer. It was very rewarding to learn to hold your tounge in stressful and upsetting situations.
Breaks every shifts
The pay
Bedrijfscultuur
JCPenny is a great environment and place to start your career and help you understand what you want tem be and do in life.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  North Little Rock, AR15 mei 2018
I absolutely love working at JCPenny, I feel like it’s my second home and my mangers and coworkers are family to me. JCPenny taught me how to be a great worker and also how to interact with people. If it wasn’t for them I would probably still be in my shell. I love JCPenny but I honestly think I could be doing better as hard as I work.
Bedrijfscultuur
JCPenny stores differ from store to store.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lodi, CA14 mei 2018
I was employed at the store in Lodi, Ca. for almost a year until they closed for good. I had the most positive first job experience there. After closing i transferred to the Stockton, Ca store and absolutely did not care for the way it was being managed. I quit after about 2 months.
productive place to work
Sales Associate Men's suits specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Manhattan, NY14 mei 2018
Jc penney has always been the store for working class americans.For that reason,it is a place where working is fun.Meeting new people every day from all over the world because of the location(herald square in manhattan)was such a pleasure and serving them was natural to me.
Pluspunten
pizza time, we all knew when the numbers were high.
Minpunten
benefits were not for everybody, specially under management
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Peabody, MA14 mei 2018
I worked the holiday season so it was very stressful but taught me to work in stressful, hectic conditions. Also to always have good customer service skills.
nice staff
Minpunten
short breaks, long shifts, no days off
Bad place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Provo, UT14 mei 2018
JCpenny was a very strict place to work, lots of standing around. Nothing good came out of working here. The managers were mean and very disorganized. I worked in the shoe department, that place was always a mess and unkept no matter how much we organized it. Not a lot of great benefits. If the company doesn't like you work ethic or just plain doesn't like you; then they will start cutting your hours. then eventually they will fire you without telling you.
no pros
The whole company
fun place to work
Stocker/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Peters, MO14 mei 2018
jcpenny is what you would get working at any retail store. discounts, fun people and sometimes not so fun customers, overall it was a fun job to work at.
Bedrijfscultuur
Retail is retail, but I had fun here
JCPenney Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Waterville, ME14 mei 2018
During my time at JCPenney, I made a lot of great friends and built a lot of great relationships with my customers. The work was easy and kept you busy, but it was time for me to move on with my career.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij JCPenney. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag