Reviews voor Medical Assistant bij Kaiser Permanente

300 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 7.958 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
No longer the best place to work in Healthcare
Medical Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Davis, CA12 september 2018
The new managers, or babysitters, as we like to call them do not hold staff accountable for their lack of work ethic. They allow staff to sit around and shop online and don't encourage team work.

Kaiser is attempting to outsource thousands of jobs to pad profits. They refuse to negotiate National Agreements representing thousands of employees. Kaiser tries to silence their employees and limit political activity.

The CEO gets paid $13 million a year but Kaiser tells caregivers they're overpaid and they try to make employees pay more for healthcare when they are making millions in profits.
Pay
Management, CEO
Doctors are great
Medical assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Honolulu, HI9 september 2018
They do pay well and the staffing MA, physicians I work with are great. Management with rules, the way things are run is not consistent. Been there for 3 years and consistency is not one of their strong points. Staffing is bad, coverage is one of the worst things.
Co-workers
Coverage, properly staffed.
Well organized - managed care
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  California8 september 2018
Well organized - managed care. I haven't worked there in 20 years. When I worked there I was a Medical Assistant and worked for a well respected Physician.
Bedrijfscultuur
Community driven company with focus on employee health and balance
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Roseville, CA7 september 2018
I really enjoyed working at Kaiser Permanente. I would never have left if I had not moved to Texas. The benefits were at the top for Northern California. Their focus on patient care was top notch. Their community involvement was all about Thriving.
pay, benefits, job advancement
management limitations
Advancement potential
Medical & Referral Assist, Provider Rep (voormalige medewerker) –  Rockville, MD29 augustus 2018
Working at Kaiser was very rewarding. I was able to move from a Medical Assistant to a Provider Relations on job experience alone. Managers, physicians, and nurses are willing to teach you everything I wanted to learn. I gained medical experience that I would not have learned if I went to medical school. The working relationships with co-workers have lasted over 20 years. The culture varied depending on the job and speciality of the clinic. The hardest part of the job was creating friendships with patients that are terminally ill, and seeing the struggles of sick children. The most enjoyable part of the job was going thru the healing journey with patients and families.
Advancement opportunities
Union
Bad company to work for
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Roseville, CA25 augustus 2018
I separated from Kaiser Permanente back in May because I was being harassed and discriminate by fellow employees and management, the union, HR, my shop stewards were not doing anything to help me out. They allowed the harassment. discrimination to continue for months. It seemed like the company was hiring people to fill in the holes and not hiring people that actually care about patient care.
good pay and benefits
Minpunten
too many immature people and gossiping
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Golden ticket of the industry
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Rosa, CA21 augustus 2018
It took me 5 years to get into Kaiser. I was told once that you have to "take what you can get" and move up from there. It's the most solid piece of advice I ever received because once I took a 20 hour position, I was able to accept a full time position 6 months later.
The pay and benefits are obviously competitive, however, its a union job so its really difficult to get time off unless you have extremely high seniority. They do vacation bidding once a year with highest seniority bidding first. If you are in a large department with a large amount of employees, the likelihood of you getting it off with little seniority is low. It doesnt matter if you're in a wedding in 6 months and you need the time, if those dates are reserved by a more senior employee, forget it.

I personally didnt get the support from the union, other than the benefits and competitive pay, that i was expecting, especially after paying the dues for them. They seemed to only make it extremely difficult to get fired, even if the employee was absolutely terrible. This also goes for management . The lack of support from them and management, at least in the department I worked in, was disappointing.

With any employer, there will always be cons, however, kaiser was the best company to work for in terms of the company as a whole. They truly want their employees to succeed and further their career.
Benefits, Competitive pay
Minpunten
Vacation and time off is limited, lack of support from management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Excellent organization
Medical Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Aliso Viejo, CA21 augustus 2018
It was an honor to have the opportunity to provide high quality care to each patient every time and working with a remarkable team at Kaiser Mission Viejo, Ca. I value and cherish working with my piers and all the experiences this organization has taught me.
Union
Not expanded in Texas
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Fontana, CA14 augustus 2018
I really did enjoy the experience that Kaiser Permanente offered to me. Although I don't agree with them going against their policy procedures.The management for specific departments are very good and very helpful.
Stressful
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Portland, OR12 augustus 2018
will make you a really good caregiver or it will make you question if you want to work in healthcare. This company is very stressful and requires caregivers to work at top of scope
challenging
union
Bedrijfscultuur
It's n ok organization to work for.
Lead Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Redwood City, CA10 augustus 2018
Kaiser permanente is an organization that only cares about making their numbers and they neglect their staffs. Management is always right. The Union that represents the employees is all in one all together with management.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
productive
Medical assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Fremont, CA9 augustus 2018
productive work place with lots of room for advancement. kaiser provides job security . i liked my shifts. great atmosphere with friendly staff and managers
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work if you dont mind floating
Per Diem Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Downey, CA7 augustus 2018
I think they need to allow Ma's to do more with their skills then just vital signs especially for the money they make. I prefer to use my skills then loose them.
Employee Recognitation is great
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Fresno, CA4 augustus 2018
Working at this facility was great. I enjoyed the flexibility of my schedule. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Gaining another position at this company would be a blessing.
Na
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA27 juli 2018
Enjoyed my time at this facility. Great work environment, great resources for learning and improving skills. Amazing team work and support system. Great place to work.
Best dept Ive worked in
Medical Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA25 juli 2018
Enjoy my job helping people, best coworker and made alot of friends there. My manager really cared about the staff and was very compassionate. I have since worked in other departments but Oncology is the best.
great environment
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA19 juli 2018
Professional environment with a teamwork based effort and work ethics to improve the community in the medical field for workers and patients that check in.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
It was great working for Kaiser the first couple of years
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Roseville, CA and Elk Grove, CA19 juli 2018
That changed when the administration changed management to business administrators replacing those in management with medical background. Quotas were more inportant. The Thrive mission did not apply to employees.
wages
Minpunten
became more about cost than human care
Bedrijfscultuur
Specialty jobs are amazing, however the PCP areas are a nightmare
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Highlands Ranch, CO18 juli 2018
I started in a specialty clinic in Highlands Rach and LOVED it! The job was mentally hard but made you feel like you made a difference. I transferred to another location to try something new, take a mental break and maybe get a more hands on patient experience to use the skills I was trained for. This was a huge mistake! The managers within KP PCP area (specifically Wheatridge) are not very nice and try to write you up for every little thing. Little to no training was offered, when asked for help was called names and made to feel like nothing. If you are not an RN you do not exist! After going to management for help was informed I needed to go to my union steward, who never resoinded.
Free medical, dental & vision
horrible training/managers at Wheatridge location
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent opportunities for job placement within the company
Medical Assistant (huidige medewerker) –  Aurora, CO10 juni 2018
Great place to work.with excellent options for job placement . Enjoy all job assignments and availability to move around the company to be closer to home and have a flexible work schedule. Working short staffed and no accountability for excessive absences can be a bit frustrating but we are appreciated for pitching into get the patients taken care of. Great recognition program from patient facing to the person behind the phone. Ability to give rewards to staff from other departments for positive patient care. Exceptional pay and benefits. I really enjoy the work I do to help patients get the care they need in a reasonable time frame.staff and management are helpful and knowledgeable about the job to assist with questions and patients who require additional assistance. Working for Kaiser Permanente has given the opportunity to grow and further my career in the health care field whether it be in the clinic or administration with continued education as well as on the job training.
Very positive environment
Hard to get hired
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Kaiser Permanente. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag