Kohl's Corporation Reviews

Alle 12.116 reviews worden getoond
Be Prepared to Make the Job Your Life
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Seekonk, MA9 december 2017
The managers in the store I worked for disregarded my availability, causing me to become ill from stress and overwork, which meant I had to call out a few times. My availability had not changed from day one, so if it was going to be an issue, that should have been expressed upfront so that I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I loved the actual job itself, so it was a crying shame to have to leave a position I enjoyed because of poor management. I've heard good things about the company as a whole, and I wish I had gotten to experience that. It's disheartening to think that if only I had gone to a different location I might have had managers that take availability to heart as opposed to a light suggestion.
Pluspunten
Free food, easy dress code
disregard for availability
Easy work, relaxed environment
Kohl's Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Clackamas, OR9 december 2017
Staff is typically very fun to work with. Good job for someone in school, management is typically understanding. Biggest con - pay/advancement........
Environment
Pay
A day at Kohl's
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Napa, CA9 december 2017
I can come in to work, be greeted by lovely customers and co-workers. On a day with good coupons out, it's not packed, but things start to move really fast. I learned how to greet customers to make them feel welcomed, sell Kohl's credit cards and rewards. Also,the supervisors were always helpful and persistent.
Employee discounts
slow-pace days
Face paced
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  DeSoto, TX9 december 2017
I was only their for seasonal help. But I enjoyed the time I was there. They treat you well. If you not permanent you don't get many hours. But if you are permanent you get all your hours.
Fun place to work
repetitive
Kohl's Sales Associate and cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Camas, WA9 december 2017
you work the same day over and over everything is the same you sale and work with customers as you would with most retail stores. got to know many great coworkers.
Comfortable place to work
Overnight Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Staten Island, NY9 december 2017
It was a nice job around the holidays but after the holiday I only get 16 hours a week the pay is good when there are hours but in there downtime it’s not enough to live off of
Hour break
Not enough hours
n/a
Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Redwood Falls, MN9 december 2017
there is no show of support for the guys working the shop and the service counter. main reason why company has high turn over rate and mechanics quitting all the time.
Pretty chill
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Wayne, IN9 december 2017
I worked MJM so the job was pretty relaxed during the weekdays constantly pushing product back onto the floor & helping out on the cash wrap when needed.
Pluspunten
Breaks, associate appreciation, fun environment
Hours weren’t consistent.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and Productive place to work with a lot of benefits.
Operations Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  DeSoto, TX9 december 2017
My typical day at work as a supervisor was like babysitting a bunch of kids with no real support from up management. They have taken workplace culture to a different level in a bad way. This is a associate based environment which leaves no room for Ops supervisors to learn and grow.
Good salary and healthcare
Minpunten
No training for management.
review
Customer Service Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  East Amherst, NY9 december 2017
working there was OK I guess. I don't really wish to review this job. you are on your feet a lot. the managers always seemed to contradict each other. I didnt really enjoy it there it was just a paycheck to get through school.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Fastpaced retail
Assistant Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  York, PA9 december 2017
Great place to work but limited room for advancement. Profitable compamy....flexible schedule...great training for executives. Great benefits with competitive compensation
Stable company
Room for advancement
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Charlottesville, VA8 december 2017
Love the people I work with
Management is good
So far no major issues with any customers
There is always something to do

Only problem is not paid enough
very flexible hours
not enough pay
Fun place to work!
Lead cashier / Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bellingham, WA8 december 2017
Lead Cashier, assisted customer with a quick and friendly check out. Solicited Credit and email addresses. Provided friendly customer service and ensured that each customer found what they were looking for and made sure they didn't have any further questions.
Fun to work at
Lack of hours
Busy place
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Wichita, KS8 december 2017
kohls is a great place to work. there is a lot to do and you're always busy. the discounts are great and management is nice. great place to do shopping at,
Department Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Billings, MT8 december 2017
I loved working there and was sad that I had to resign. Everyone who works there is like a big family. The managers are caring and understanding when something comes up and you need time off.
nice
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Canton, MI 481888 december 2017
I enjoyed working there when I wasn't closing alone. However the team were all very helpful and management made sure everyone was comfortable as well as getting their jobs done too.
Minpunten
sometimes you'll have your section alone for hours
Bedrijfscultuur
Kohl's is all about value and life.
Frieght Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Wausau, WI8 december 2017
I started in July this year after leaving Manufacturing and I love it there. The management team is outstanding, supportive and caring about their employees.
The people you will work with are great too!
The schedule is very flexible with your personal life and if you have other jobs or go to school. I myself have two other jobs.
It can be fast pace during peak hours but it is mostly laid back. It does great very stressful during the holidays just like any other place.

If you are looking at being a Fright Associate, such as myself, you have the option of overnights from October- January 1st with a $1 shift premium and you are then allowed fill time with overtime as much as you want but the store manager will remind you, don't over do it and to make sure you take of you. One example right there that the management team is great.
Otherwise it's early mornings at 5am and non truck days is based off your availability.

The only down fall with Kohl's is the pay and you are hired at part time hence the reason why I have other jobs to supplement my income. The only reason that I will leave Kohl's is if I am offered a full-time position with a higher pay grade because now a days you can't live off of minimum wage nor $9 an hour.
Keep in mind though, if you work hard at this company, you are offer growth with them but I can't state if your wages will increase because I don't know.
Overall; a good place to work.
Pluspunten
Supportive company, gets involved with the community, flexible schedule, great people to work with
Low pay rate.
Bedrijfscultuur
No communication between the management.
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Jackson, MS7 december 2017
The management is horrible! I wold never try to go back to work there for as long as the current manager is there. The job is great for people who are still in school.
discounts
no weekends
Bedrijfscultuur
It was fun in the beginning
Risk Management Operations Customer Advocate (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX7 december 2017
I had a major family issue. I either needed to ignore my families needs to get fired. i chose to leave Kohl's. I quit using them as a reference because they state I cannot be rehired.
it was a job
Minpunten
Before I left they stopped caring about you as a person
Kohls
Point of Sale Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Madison, AL7 december 2017
kohls doesn't give you enough hours ..They prefer you to work split shifts ..very hard to work and spend time with family and lives ones..They are not understanding or flexible

Algehele waardering