Kohl's Corporation Reviews

Alle 13.686 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and rewarding work environment
Floor Associate (huidige medewerker) –  York, PA18 februari 2018
I've been a Kohl's for 3+ years & it has been one of the best pt jobs I've had. They have an outstanding work environment, great discounts and phenomenal staff! More importantly, corporate really cares and listens to store employees. At previous jobs I felt like just a number, but it Kohl's I honestly feel like a valued employee!
Pluspunten
Discount, great managers, fun place.
Great development
Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Arizona18 februari 2018
Great development and connections. Management is friendly, but very business focused. There is always daily focus on making metrics, but not always the metrics that drive top line sales.
Nice coworkers
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Neenah, WI18 februari 2018
I liked working at Kohl's because it has a very nice work environment and Kohl's treats its employees very well. They are very understanding and flexible with hours.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work, lots of food!
Cashier Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Melbourne, FL18 februari 2018
A typical work day at Kohls was pretty busy. Everyone I worked with there was friendly for the most part with the exception of a couple of managers. The cashier who trained me was awesome, she's great at what she does and loved by everyone there! The hardesatt part of working at Kohls was they ever changing schedule and hours. The most enjoyable part of working at Kohls was the customers. Getting to know the regular customers by name and being able to have friendly conversations with them was the best!
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced fun place to work. Allow you to run the business as if you were the CEO.
HR Operations Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Grove City, OH18 februari 2018
Kohls provides a great work life balance. Provide clear expectations of your role and give you ample time to accomplish it. Overall the best company I have ever worked for.
overworked
Stock Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Vacaville, CA18 februari 2018
The job asked more from you than what they would typically pay. There was no real way of moving up unless someone either left the company or transferred to another store. The pay raise itself wasn't the best considering they would have one person for two departments.
Awesome discounts
Kohl's Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Fairfield, CT18 februari 2018
Some managers favor the lazier coworkers. Hard work at times does not go noticed. Holiday time there are unlimited hours. But off season there are hardly any hours.
It’s fun place to work
Point of Sale Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Chesterfield, MI17 februari 2018
II really enjoy working at Kohl’s. The only thing I do not like is when the new hires come in their pay is close to my pay after working there 3 years
Pluspunten
Supervisors and managers treat you very well. The associate discounts are really awesome
Minpunten
The pay should be more for what they expect of you.
it was okay
Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Madison, WI17 februari 2018
Job responsibilities include customer care, cash handling, balancing drawer at end of shift, re-stocking of merchandise and helping with online orders.
Ehhhhhh
Point of Sale Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX17 februari 2018
This is a great to place to work if you have no outside commitments.

Very few hours to get during a work week, no benefits, no chance to advance in your own store. Hire outside managers.

Have to solicit credit card applications. If you don't get so many in a week, hours would be cut.

But hey.. the discounts were good. Just don't get a credit card with them.
Pluspunten
Discounts, Management can be friendly, Can be a Friendly place to work.
Short breaks, Have to Solicit Credits, Short hours to work, no Benefits, no PTO
It was okay
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Palmdale, CA17 februari 2018
Kohls was not the best company that I have ever worked for, but it was not the worst either. Managers play favorites with the hours and give them to their relatives first. The HR manager made a point of only giving me hours that did not work with my school schedule so every single week I had to go around asking coworkers to trade with me. They also had a habit of changing rules on employees and only telling you that the rules had changed when they were threatening to fire you for breaking a new a rule that they never told you existed.
terrible management
Fun place to work
Department Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Industry, CA17 februari 2018
Kohls is definitely a fun place to work. They offer flexible schedules and great company discounts. Very friendly and family type of work environment.
understaffed
Merchandising Associate (seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, WI17 februari 2018
Very understaffed during the busy holiday season. i ended up ringing and not being able too do my own work because i knew how. It got to the point that i regretted that i taught myself how.
Absolutely Amazing
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sparks, NV17 februari 2018
Kohl's is a great first job for high school or college students. I absolutely love my coworkers and managers except one. With all due respect, there's n issue working for Kohls. Hours are great; the only time it will be cut down is by after new years to mid or end of February. Extremely flexible with schedule. Get paid $9 an hour, however, every credit you apply for the customers, adds a small bonus to your paycheck. There are several ways to improve and advance your techniques, knowledge, and position in the company.

However, although work is supposed to be a self-learning job, for any job as matter of fact. The associate is only taught or trained on the registers and doesn't give one on one training for any other department besides customer service and jewelry. For the one manager, she belittles almost every single associate; feeling stupid when you have been doing your department for over few months or years even to know what needs to be done, putting them out on the spot for assumption it is their fault for low surveys and constantly assisting tasks at once when other things are not finished. Kohl's is an amazing place to work at because you feel at home, however, if you can deal with the nagging and feeling "wrong" when you're not, go for it. I just had enough of it.
flexible hours
poor management
100% Bad experience
Overnight Freight Flow/Ad Set (voormalige medewerker) –  Woburn, MA17 februari 2018
I worked overnights. Zero chance to advance. I reported to the store manager that I was being harassed ... I was told I was the only one, so they would not do anything. Kohl's may be a decent company, but the store I worked in was the worst place I have ever worked at.
Employment
Minpunten
No chance for advancement ... hostile work environment
fun
sales associate (3months) (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH17 februari 2018
had fun working based on commission. everyone was very helpful when I stated working there. the best part is that I was working with kids in the shoe department
truck
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Leander, TX16 februari 2018
i would walk in a clock in then I have to zone the store, I would have to cork the back stock. then I would have to clean the different departments and when a truck cam in i would have to work the truck.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxing job, get things done early
Beauty Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Missouri City, TX16 februari 2018
Worked by myself but it was always relaxing on the slow days but on the busy days, managers or supervisors would provide help for you so you can focus on getting your job done, always friendly, always helpful.
Always have help
No cons
Great clothes and environment
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Easley, SC16 februari 2018
Retail environment is so great. Taking care of customers and restocking all clothes and merchandise. Seeing all new products and items that are new to the store and corporations.
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hickory, NC16 februari 2018
Cool place to work always busy great with your schedule really flexible great first job always gives you more hours if you need them very very busyyyy
Discounts