Kohl's Corporation Reviews

Alle 13.696 reviews worden getoond
It was okay
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Palmdale, CA17 februari 2018
Kohls was not the best company that I have ever worked for, but it was not the worst either. Managers play favorites with the hours and give them to their relatives first. The HR manager made a point of only giving me hours that did not work with my school schedule so every single week I had to go around asking coworkers to trade with me. They also had a habit of changing rules on employees and only telling you that the rules had changed when they were threatening to fire you for breaking a new a rule that they never told you existed.
terrible management
Fun place to work
Department Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Industry, CA17 februari 2018
Kohls is definitely a fun place to work. They offer flexible schedules and great company discounts. Very friendly and family type of work environment.
understaffed
Merchandising Associate (seasonal) (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, WI17 februari 2018
Very understaffed during the busy holiday season. i ended up ringing and not being able too do my own work because i knew how. It got to the point that i regretted that i taught myself how.
Absolutely Amazing
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sparks, NV17 februari 2018
Kohl's is a great first job for high school or college students. I absolutely love my coworkers and managers except one. With all due respect, there's n issue working for Kohls. Hours are great; the only time it will be cut down is by after new years to mid or end of February. Extremely flexible with schedule. Get paid $9 an hour, however, every credit you apply for the customers, adds a small bonus to your paycheck. There are several ways to improve and advance your techniques, knowledge, and position in the company.

However, although work is supposed to be a self-learning job, for any job as matter of fact. The associate is only taught or trained on the registers and doesn't give one on one training for any other department besides customer service and jewelry. For the one manager, she belittles almost every single associate; feeling stupid when you have been doing your department for over few months or years even to know what needs to be done, putting them out on the spot for assumption it is their fault for low surveys and constantly assisting tasks at once when other things are not finished. Kohl's is an amazing place to work at because you feel at home, however, if you can deal with the nagging and feeling "wrong" when you're not, go for it. I just had enough of it.
flexible hours
poor management
100% Bad experience
Overnight Freight Flow/Ad Set (voormalige medewerker) –  Woburn, MA17 februari 2018
I worked overnights. Zero chance to advance. I reported to the store manager that I was being harassed ... I was told I was the only one, so they would not do anything. Kohl's may be a decent company, but the store I worked in was the worst place I have ever worked at.
Employment
Minpunten
No chance for advancement ... hostile work environment
fun
sales associate (3months) (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH17 februari 2018
had fun working based on commission. everyone was very helpful when I stated working there. the best part is that I was working with kids in the shoe department
truck
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Leander, TX16 februari 2018
i would walk in a clock in then I have to zone the store, I would have to cork the back stock. then I would have to clean the different departments and when a truck cam in i would have to work the truck.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Relaxing job, get things done early
Beauty Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Missouri City, TX16 februari 2018
Worked by myself but it was always relaxing on the slow days but on the busy days, managers or supervisors would provide help for you so you can focus on getting your job done, always friendly, always helpful.
Always have help
No cons
Great clothes and environment
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Easley, SC16 februari 2018
Retail environment is so great. Taking care of customers and restocking all clothes and merchandise. Seeing all new products and items that are new to the store and corporations.
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hickory, NC16 februari 2018
Cool place to work always busy great with your schedule really flexible great first job always gives you more hours if you need them very very busyyyy
Discounts
Always busy
Bedrijfscultuur
Easy, but tiring and repetitive
Cashier/Retail Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA15 februari 2018
I've worked there for almost a year know as a cashier. It's a very easy job and they're usually good about working with a school schedule. The pay wage is not enough for the amount of work you do.
amazing discounts
Minpunten
short breaks, short lunches, minimum wage
Bedrijfscultuur
No life/work balance when full time
Department Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Anderson, IN15 februari 2018
Full-time usually works there days and two closing. Which can be tolerable but then a price change event comes up and they flip you to 3rd shift for three nights. Once done you're flipped back to first shift. The only thing you can count on are your weekends off twice a month. Since everyone works everywhere as needed.... It's very hard to hold lazy people accountable. They can say that they were on the register too much or had to cover breaks and it kept them from completing their job. Sometimes it happens but it's easy for some to use that as a crutch. Never enough time to make your area top notch. Which is very frustrating when you work hard and strive for perfection. They must do a better job on background checks. Especially their key people like loss prevention.
Benefits, discounts
Minpunten
No life/work balance hours are never consistent.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Perrysburg, OH15 februari 2018
It is a great place to work, they are willing to train you in more than one area of the store. Nice/friendly co-workers and managers. Flexible schedules.
not bad
Kohl's Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Commack, NY15 februari 2018
cool place to work nothing really to complain about left only because i had school and couldn't do both because it was too far i would definitely recommend this to someone else
Pretty bad
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Colorado15 februari 2018
As a disclaimer, many of my co-workers were wonderful people, and I probably would have got along with them in any other environment. That being said, the "Kohls is like one big family" sentiment was not my experience.

I was hired as a seasonal employee right before Black Friday and was eventually asked to continue my employment after the holidays. As a seasonal associate, the permanent employees who were told to "train" me did so with general resentment. I was thrown into the position ill-prepared, and therefore became a further annoyance when I consistently had to ask for help. The coupon policies are lengthy and my mistakes earned me a lecture with my manager where she told me "I could fire you for that" in front of customers and my fellow, similarly confused co-workers.

The managers on duty defined the mood of the workers, as well as the policies. Different managers would allow different rules to be broken which led to further confusion of associates (and customers), and resulted in employees getting in trouble for things that were 1) not their fault, and 2) completely unimportant.

Overall, the management attitude was condescending and saccharine. The associates were consistently pressured to solicit credit and "deliver greatness" which still makes me cringe. I’d initially planned to keep a low profile and ride out my temporary employment, but mistakenly continued with them for about another month before quitting. During this time, I got a second job and started missing my Kohl's shifts as my priorities rearranged. Understandably, I became quite disliked after
  meer... I missed nearly a week of shifts and put in my two weeks notice.

I’m thinking perhaps I was just a bad fit for the Kohl’s culture, because I've never had a job I so dreaded going to. It's a wonderful relief to never have to go back.
  minder
Some co-workers
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Difficult to Advance
Fraud Team Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Menomonee Falls, WI15 februari 2018
Kohl's has great benefits and the culture is very family oriented. However, if you seek to move up in the company it could take YEARS. The management style is very micro managed where they do not give you the opportunity to make your own goals. They DID have very competitive bonus's when I started, but those soon went away about 1 year ago. Make sure to follow the policy VERY CAREFULLY. After 9 years of loyal service I was dismissed for taking a picture of my desk space when my co-workers decorated my desk WITH the approval of my manager. The picture was taken in 2016, I was dismissed in 2018.
Pluspunten
401K, benefits, employee discounts, on site healthcare, and vacation buy option.
Minpunten
Micro managed, takes a long time to move up, leadership does not take new ideas well.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Good compensation and benefits but very stressfull at times.
Assistant Store Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Bradley, IL15 februari 2018
Typical retail environment. Can be fun at times but also very stressful. All depends on the store manager. Some great, some horrible. It takes the company too long to get rid of the bad apples.
Bedrijfscultuur
fun at first but they kept changing things did not train well in all areas
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Monroe, OH15 februari 2018
trained for one position. it was enjoyable. changed to another department for health reasons, i was not trained but basically thrown into the position. was asked to return for short periods throughout the day to previous position and told them due to health reasons i could not. but no supervisor was aware of it so i had to go. ended up getting injured on the job and had to leave because the managers/supervisors would not communicate that i was unable to do requested task.
fun environment
no communication
Bedrijfscultuur
Very proactive and energizing experience.
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL15 februari 2018
This company has really built my confidence and my multi-tasking skills. The opportunites were great. I started as a cashier then working in the customer service department, jewelry, visual, and later becomimg a specialist. There was never a dull moment. Although it was a high-traffic environment, it really is a learning experience to handle pressure and becoming more patient. The best times usually involves a lot of healthy teamwork.
Understanding management.
Lack of upward mobility.
First Job
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendora, CA15 februari 2018
For my first job I was with the company for a few months short of 5 years. In the beginning I was working full time, was being recognized and in an immediate leadership role (unofficially of course). Its a simple retail job, you come in do your job and help customers. After a year I noticed my hours were cut but others were not. I was getting scheduled the shifts NOBODY wanted which were the usual Friday nights and Saturday mornings. I was a 18 year old so this upset me that I was being punished, thats how I felt. I never moved up even though I asked multiple times. I also got one lousy 25 cent raise and like I said, I worked there for almost 5 years. The company has favorites and you can tell who they care about and who they dont.

Algehele waardering