Kohl's Reviews

Alle 14.978 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to have a part time job
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Aurora, CO18 juni 2018
Enjoy the flexibility of setting my hours by submitting availability times that do not interfere with my full time job. Being the second time I work for the company, my manager is very familiar with my work and challenges me to do my best daily.
Setting your work hours
Minpunten
Standing for long periods of time
Great
Kohl's Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hanford, CA17 juni 2018
Loved working at Kohl’s. Everyone was always very nice and positive. I enjoyed learning how to work the cash register because I am now able to take that knowledge with me to a new job
Flexible schedule
Bedrijfscultuur
They gave me closing hours (til 12 at night) as a minor in school.
Seasonal Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV17 juni 2018
Working there made me extremely anxious and stressed, I received NO training except a couple hours at the registers when that wasn't my actual job. I was just thrown in with all the uppers expecting me to the job that I received no training for. I didn't even know why my manager was. They scheduled me to work until 12 at night as a minor, even after I asked told them that was extremely too late for me. I was forced to quit after being scheduled too late too often.
Minpunten
short breaks, work/life balance, training
An absolute joy!
POC Clerk (huidige medewerker) –  Downers Grove, IL17 juni 2018
I know management and workplace culture differs from store to store, but the Downer's Grove location is an absolute joy to work at. Everyone is so kind and welcoming, and is willing to step in and help if you need it. A great first job or summer job, and they provide amazing long-term positions as well!
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and productive for a place
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Hubert, NC17 juni 2018
Kohl’s is an awesome work place I love when I worked there especially in North Carolina everyone is very friendly over there. We did many Community service together that were really amazing. Kohl’s also Did things to bring their Employees together like pot luck day. It’s Just a great place to work. I justwish that they gave you more hours but other than that is a perfect job especially if youjust need a part-time job.
Nice Place to Work
OMNI (voormalige medewerker) –  Covington, LA17 juni 2018
Management was nice and understanding. They work well with your schedule and the environment is clean and welcoming. The coworkers were also helpful and communication is a major win in this department store.
Pluspunten
Free breaks depending on hours worked, friendly staff, flexible with schedule
Great
Area suppervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, NC16 juni 2018
Great location to move up fast with in a companie. Makes well rounded employees by having them learn a bit of all areas in the store. they are well involved in the community.
events
lack of hrs
Bedrijfscultuur
Kohl's overall may be good, but...
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Murfreesboro, TN16 juni 2018
My specific store was not a happy place to work. Many of the associates were not happy to be there. There were many open positions due to resignations when I arrived, and people would often skip work or call in for a day off.
I will say, corporate does a lot to provide resources that employees can connect to. Kohl's overall goals and interests are positive, and are what attracted me at first. The main downside was this specific store management and satisfaction.

Advice: Ask about your local store's culture! Ask about the job turnover and the reasons people leave. I have heard good things about other Kohl's locations.
Pluspunten
Pay is more than minimum wage, decent break time
Minpunten
Too much work per person, bad culture and bad attitudes of coworkers
Fun at times
Kohl's Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Easley, SC16 juni 2018
This job is fun at times but most of the time the managers are mean. Con is dealing with rude customers and having customers treat you like dirt and sometimes the managers do it as well
productive
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lake Delton, WI16 juni 2018
I learned time management skills. How to cope with stress and fast paced environments. Organizing was a big part of the job as well assisting customers.
Bedrijfscultuur
Kohl's is a good company to work for
Ad-Set Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  San Leandro, CA15 juni 2018
Kohl's is a fair company. They believe in hard work and cross training. Everyone works together. The work is not hard yet you can learn a lot if you try.
Pluspunten
Nice place to work. Meeting variety of people.
Minpunten
Low wages in a expensive living area area
Home Department Associate
Home Department Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bakersfield, CA15 juni 2018
Provide general customer assistance in the home department and responsible for keeping store clean and tidy. Hours are flexible and work schedule can be discussed with manager.
fun work place
pro-ship/packing (voormalige medewerker) –  sanbernardino15 juni 2018
I had a great review there , friendly employees , great enviornment to work at , great pay , great benefits , long seasonal job , great overtime hours
free lunches, paid lunch
not enough breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Parker, CO15 juni 2018
Fun and engaging place to work. Management and employees are friendly. There is a large workload, but they provide ample training. I would recommend working here.
Good workers, Terrible managers
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Middletown, DE15 juni 2018
Kohl's is not a bad store or company to work at, it the management that makes it unbearable. Most of the veteran employees can run the store better than the veteran managers. Not all of the managers/supervisors are bad. Some do their job correctly and are a pleasure to work with, others not so much. Its a pretty relaxed working environment dress code is business casual with schedule jean days and other fun dress themed days. Celebrate just about every holiday, from christmas to national donut day, always expect some type of celebration and food
Discounts
Minpunten
Short breaks cant leave store when on them
Decent Place to Work
Sr. Product Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Menomonee Falls, WI15 juni 2018
Kohl's is a decent place to work and provides good opportunities if you end up on the right team, however, it is possible to get stuck. Raises aren't good and only managers are eligible for bonuses. Management expectations and culture are inconsistent across the company; particularly when it comes to what counts as PTO and ability to regularly work remotely.
Pluspunten
Nice facilities. Generally pleasant coworkers.
Minpunten
Poor raises. Inconsistent expectations across managers.
Pretty nice to work
Warehouse Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Winchester, VA15 juni 2018
It was Kool to work at the employees where Kool I never had any problems with anybody was a great work environment breaks were given on time and no bad things to say
Good environment
Hours
Stressful and poor pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES (huidige medewerker) –  Alexandria, VA15 juni 2018
Kohl’s customers are entitled and the dumbest retail demographic ever. There’s constantly coupon issues, customers complaining about coupons and the managers only care about credit. The pay especially sucks now that they changed it from hourly to minutes.
The associate discounts
Minpunten
Gross customers, smelly returns, constant coupon issues, petty drama
Bedrijfscultuur
Spontaneous and hard working workforce
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fresh Meadows, NY14 juni 2018
Working at Kohl's required the ability to be very flexible and cope with many different situations. Coming to work every day was a different experience because one moment one could be working in sales and visual organization and the next minute you could be restocking merchandise. The job was full of important virtues and lessons regarding punctuality, good sportsmanship, teamwork, being resourceful and learning good customer service skills.
Large Staff
Disorganized
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Could be a good job
Cashier/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Snellville, GA14 juni 2018
I don’t know about other locations but the one I was employed at would literally give me 8 hours a week. I would constantly ask for more and they wouldn’t budge. It could’ve been good money if they gave me more hours.
Not enough hours
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Kohl's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag