Kohl's Reviews

Alle 14.934 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good working experience.
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV10 juni 2018
As a seasonal employee I enjoyed my time working at Kohl's. It was a wonderful working experience that had me work closely with not only the other employees but also directly with the customers that came in.
greatcoworkers poor management
Department Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Scottsdale, AZ9 juni 2018
My store had more management, if you didn't agree with management you didn't move up, they made promotions personal. Customers are rude and crazy with no back from management, lots of micromanaging, crazy retail hours with minimum pay! coworkers are fabulous like family. I enjoyed merchandising and helping customers
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a fun place to work
Shoes Salesman (voormalige medewerker) –  Cambridge, MN9 juni 2018
Everyone worked as a team to conduct business and help the customers. There was great teamwork where the managers would pinch in and help to motivate and pick up where there was need of help.
Opportunities for learning
Minpunten
Wanted a full time position
Bedrijfscultuur
It is very hit or miss for everyone!
Kohl's Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Secaucus, NJ9 juni 2018
In my store specifically, people were a little rude. They were not fond of new people coming on board because they all knew what to do and having to teach someone new is tedious. Some co workers (the older ones) got annoyed very fast and were harder to get along with but the younger ones were so so nice. There was a lot of work to do for big departments and during holidays there were 2 people in each rather than one. The managers were nice too, never yelled at anyone or made accusations, they respected everyone equally and knew what they were doing and helped you out on the floor if things got too chaotic rather than yell and blame. The only problem I have is the pay. We got paid 9.50 an hour, which is not enough for the amount of work that needs to be done. 10 or 11 at least should be given.
Pluspunten
Lots to do with managers you can trust
Minpunten
Not the best pay and some coworkers are shady
Needs improvemant
Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Williamsport, PA9 juni 2018
Manager is kind of creepy around the girls that work here and he doesn’t seem to recognize personal space. All others under him are great. It’s a fun place to work if you are just looking for a little extra money but you will not be able to make a living at it , raises are far and few between and advancement opportunities are slim…..
Pluspunten
Most of the team is great
Minpunten
Your worth to manager is based on how many credits you manage to get .
Seasonal Position
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cortlandt Manor, NY9 juni 2018
This was a seasonal position, therefore this review does not reflect the full experience of working at the store. I mainly worked weekends and the store was usually very busy. It was occasionally difficult to get breaks. However, I was paid fairly. Overall, it was an average work experience.
Fair pay
Lack of breaks
Awful Management
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Quakertown, PA9 juni 2018
Management does not get along, You will be expected to do a lot and the money is not worth the aggravation............................................................
Bedrijfscultuur
Wonderful Environment not conducive to making ends meet
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Port Richey, FL8 juni 2018
The atmosphere and products were wonderful as were most of my coworkers, but the managers were often temperamental and if they were in a mood, the employees bore the brunt of mood swings. Hours on average were maybe 24 during peak times for part time and dropped to less than 10 per week after the Christmas holidays to almost zero during the summer. Couldn't afford to stay.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Good company
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Oak Creek, WI8 juni 2018
The company itself is not a bad company to work for. Obviously the biggest issue is hours, during certain parts of the year like all retail hours get cut and are spread between the workers. Kohls has a very good determination towards their goals, they treat their workers evenly. I was a department associate so I was constantly moving and required to fold, put away clothing, answer to back up cashiers and assist guests on the phone when looking for something in particular. We had all the proper equipment to keep in touch around the store. Kohls line is YES, we never deny the guest.
Organized, Clean, Friendly, Fair
Hours
Prefer not to
Credit-Customer Service Sr. Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Richardson, TX8 juni 2018
Management was ever changing, no consistency on training, changed our work from collections to fraud with minimal training and expected us all to pick it up quickly!
Bedrijfscultuur
Most co-workers and some management team are friendly
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Mechanicsburg, PA8 juni 2018
On a typical day i'd arrive to work on time and a manage would let those there into the building as it was before store hours. Some days you'd be late clocking in because the manager on duty was late to open the doors. The culture was as if you were back in high school, you'd have friends, but management would put people in positions to fail. Many of my coworkers and even an assistant manager was treated very badly. I don't think that every store treats its employees like this. When id left you did not receive paid vacation until you've been there 3 or more years depending on when you were hired. Some good things about working for Kohls in general was that they provided food every now and then,and had massage chairs in the break room along with some paid holidays. Kohl's as a company does a lot of good for charities in and around the communities the stores are located in.
Pluspunten
Free lunches, massage chairs and some paid holidays.
Work environment
good company
Cashier and Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL8 juni 2018
Loved working there but was only there for the summer and for some reason when I relocated back to Miami I could not transfer back to Kohls and therefore stopped employment.
Fun work place
Freight Team Member (voormalige medewerker) –  Plano, TX8 juni 2018
Good work place can't wait to see the remodeling. I like the company and the people I worked with. They have great prices and great discounts. The customers are great to.
Nice place to work
Stocking and Shift Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Tupelo, MS8 juni 2018
My experience with working at Kohls was good. I loved the atmosphere and co workers but some management was awful. You never knew who they was gonna be one day from the next. No I'm not talking about physically I'm talking about personality wise. Its was like working with Dr. Jekhyl and Mr. Hyde. There was a level of cleanliness that the store had to keep and that was great because I hate going into a store that looks destroyed. But over all It was a nice place to work
Bedrijfscultuur
Nice work environment, nice co workers workers and managers.
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Woodridge, IL8 juni 2018
Kohls was a good entry level job but not much advancements. The work environment was good and the people were very nice. The workers were on the older side and I was probably the youngest worker their at 17 years old.
Discounts
Very number focused
Part-Time Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Richmond, TX8 juni 2018
Worked at two different locations under three different styles of management and one thing remained the same throughout it all,if you want recognition for your hard work, you better have the numbers to back it up. With little room for advancement, all you can do is try to work as many hours as you can to be happy here.
Employee discount promotions
Bedrijfscultuur
I'm looking for a job where I don't have to work evenings or weekends so I can spend more time with my family
Area Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, OR8 juni 2018
I love working for kohls but I'm ready for something else .retail can be hard , customers are messy and can be rude. the company is great and they treat their associates well . I love that they have a program that gives back to the community through a volunteer program . They have a good recognition program set up to reward our hard working associates.
Bedrijfscultuur
high expectations with little recognition
SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Cold Spring, KY7 juni 2018
while working at kohls as a MJM associate, you are required to keep all fitting rooms, respond to register calls, keep sales floor clear as well as the dock. it was very stressful especially when you're the only associate working the floor. the register associates get a lot of recognition from management for opening kohls charges but if you clear 3 fitting rooms, they barely say thank you. If you do not meet your credit goal, your hours will be cut.
great coworkers
management
Great Environment
Kohl's Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  TX7 juni 2018
Working at Kohl's was definitely a great place to work. From the kind managers to the good-spirited customers, I can say this is the place to work. They have all of the latest fashion and so much more that suits the customers needs. The only hardest part was leaving after my shift is over!! Such a nice environment and clean place to be involved in.
Breaks, Lunch, Incentives, Store Celebrations
Minpunten
Leaving after a good day of work
Kohls
Frieght team, customer service, deptmartment lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomington, MN7 juni 2018
While employed at Kohls i was part of the freight team. the team i worked with were fantastic. Management was not the greatest. I got promoted twice but never got a pay raise.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Kohl's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag