Reviews voor Retail Sales Associate bij Kohl's

823 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 14.699 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Good place for College Kids and Part-Time
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Brookfield, CT21 mei 2018
You learn a lot about customer service, and working in stressful situations with people from all kinds of backgrounds. You do build a community with those that you work with, which helps make the shifts go by a lot faster and makes you feel good coming into the shift and leaving the shift. It is a little hard when you have 4-6 supervisors and managers because not everyone is always on the same page with jobs that need to get done, and everyone has a different level of priorities. It is very easy to become cross-trained within the store, which is also the best way to work there because you can help out whenever is needed. This is a job that you are on your feet 100% of the time, and need to be quick paced, for both the customers and your coworkers. You do not have a lot of down-time because there is always something to do and the shifts can get long. Because it is only a minimum wage job, you can't live off this job. There are annual raises, but it's by cents so it does not really do a lot.
Relaxed, but quick paced
Retail Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Northville, MI21 mei 2018
Most of the time I was at the registers, which was not my favorite position, but it certainly was not bad at all. Sure, I may have had some customers who were, well, crazy to say the least. But most of the time I got customers out the door in a quick, but not rushed, manner.
My favorite position was called omni, which includes stuff for shipping things outside of the store, or getting merchandise customers bought online but chose to pick up in store. This position also included gathering several items from the sales floor or stockrooms that would go to shipping & packing, or buy online pickup in store.
I learned how to work with customers and coworkers appropriately.
Kpohls is very laid back, but is definitely fast faced and they don't want you doing nothing. There is always something to be done at Kohls.
The most enjoyable part, was honestly the lunch break. When you can take some time to yourself, get some food and just relax. I also liked the associate discount.
Associate discount
quiet and quick-paced
Floor Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cypress, TX19 mei 2018
a normal day at kohl s is either packed or empty. i didn't learn much from there except how to organize a department within guidelines.
the managers don't really help you all that much. the employees are nice to each other sometimes but the managers usually keep to themselves. the hardest part of the job depends on your position ut all have the same theme of being overloaded with more than you can handle. the only thing i enjoyed were the company gatherings.
guaranteed lunches
Minpunten
overload of work, not enough pay, poor management/ employee communication
Hardworking
Floor Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Huber Heights, OH18 mei 2018
It was a pretty much good experience wish there was a understandable and better relationship with managers. I had a fun time with other associates. I had pretty good pay as a college student but sometimes felt I did more work than I was paid. A lot come with that job.
Pluspunten
Food served to associates and meetings
Fair Scheduling
Bedrijfscultuur
Challenging work, productivity a must, pressure to solicit credit.
Point of Sale Associate, Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sherwood, AR14 mei 2018
Scheduling was inconsistent (bounced around from graveyard shift, to morning shift, to night time shift). Holidays were blackout days, all employees were required to work and did not get to be with their families. Employees were offered discounts, but benefits were scarce, and lunch time was a hassle (breaks not long enough). Opportunities for advancement were not easy to obtain, but not non-existent. Most of the managers were friendly and understanding, however a few had unrealistic expectations and favoritism was a definite issue. Overall my experience there was not all negative, but there are some improvements that could be made.
Pluspunten
Lunch breaks, discounts, job security
Minpunten
Working all holidays, inconsistent scheduling
cashier
Cashier/Sales Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lodi, CA14 mei 2018
unqualified managers who only promote butt kissers. one manager I had used to talk baby to us, it was really weird. they constantly fired the best workers.
everything
Bedrijfscultuur
Stressful workplace with poor management
Cashier and sales floor associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Yardley, PA 190679 mei 2018
A typical day at work involved given a task to complete by the end of your shift. Management was not organized. Hardest part of the job was to stay motivated with the lack of motivation from everyone else working there.
discounts
short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Fitting Room Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Brooksville, FL8 mei 2018
Always eager to have me work and was always eager to be there. Co-workers were extremely friendly and was always ready to help if i had any questions.
Amazing experience!
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cerritos, CA8 mei 2018
They take care of their employees with monthly discounts on certain items which is something that I thought was really generous of the company to do so. They also occasionally provide food, snacks and little treats for their employees which is awesome when you forget to bring lunch.
Discounts once a month
Minpunten
You don’t get discounts on everything though
Intense and stressful job
Sales and Floor sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Augusta, ME 043305 mei 2018
You are required to sell their credit card and they don't care how its done as long as you do it. This is not a fun task and makes the job less enjoyable. At first it seems great until you continuously get hounded on for not selling. I was a cashier, but anyone in the building is require to know hoe to use the cash register because if we get backed up, you have to push the button for help and someone must come to get lines down. Sometimes no one is on the floor to help customers because everyone is on register.
Discounts
Minpunten
Credit Card sales, hours available to work, stressful
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard workers with a group mentality
Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Mentor, OH3 mei 2018
It was stressful at times, especially when the day got busier. However, that can be said for any place that deals with customers. We tried to be as efficient as possible, but it's difficult at times due to scheduling and call offs. Occasionally we were spread a little thin around the store. People working together get things done faster, but one also has to remember that their own work comes first. The managers were helpful, for the most part. Occasionally, one "rubs you the wrong way", but it didn't deter us from getting our jobs done. For the most part we all had fun and joked around when we could, even with the managers. I definitely learned to be patient with people, both customers and fellow workers.
Occasionally food was provided, Projects
Down time drags
not recomended
Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Northridge, CA30 april 2018
Kohls is a stress place. The customers are horrid and every day was a messy day. You can clean one thing and the next thing you know its a mess again. Great place to learn to have a high sense of urgency though.
Great Place to Work
Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Murfreesboro, TN29 april 2018
Must be hardworking and enjoy a fast-paced environment.Even on slow days, the dressing rooms can fill quickly, but the more flexible you are about learning other skills/departments the more hours you will have. Management was fantastic when I was there but I do know it has changed since then so I can't speak for the current state.
discount, good breaks
overall okay
Retail Sales Associate Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, FL29 april 2018
this was my first retail job and my main department was shoes and it was laid back
just had to keep things looking nice and stocked up
had to also help customers sometimes
Bedrijfscultuur
A good place for a first job
Retail sales associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Lexington Park, MD27 april 2018
This place is good for someone seeking heir first job or want to have fun making money on the side. i liked working here but the hours aren't that good.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good fellow associates, but management was awful and expected too much done in too little time.
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Portage, MI26 april 2018
As a sales associate, I would come in for a shift and get my gear, then wal through my designated area and fitting rooms to figure out what to start with. I would start with the messiest areas, folding and hanging clothes and putting them in their correct spots, and I would check the fitting rooms periodically. I would listen on my headset for questions or requests from my supervisor or fellow associates. Customers would come for me with questions about pricing and specific sizes, and I would also take calls from customers looking to place specific items on hold. If I was closing that night, one supervisor in particular would expect us to have every item in the store folded or hung and sized while continuing to help customers, but with so few associates working and the company's refusal to schedule more people at busy times, we couldn’t get it all done and it would be left for the morning shift.
Store spirit days
Minpunten
No consideration for your life outside of work, never paid attention to my availability
very productive
sales floor (voormalige medewerker) –  Birmingham, AL26 april 2018
my experience wasn't bad. it is a good store and workplace. it wasn't enough hours being scheduled and the checks wasnt enough to live off of.i made the best out of it while i could but its not for me
I loved working there
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Warren, OH22 april 2018
I loved to work at Kohls good pay for the Work associates were great along with managers. Working there made my day go by fast and easy work was as you go making it really easy just had to check over our areas and make sure it was clean
Long lunches
Bedrijfscultuur
The few perks we have is food, at Christmas, Cardinal opening day, jeans are allowed on certain days.
Floor Associate -replenishment of merchandise (huidige medewerker) –  Saint Peters, MO 6337615 april 2018
a typical day determines the day of the week, Tues and Thurs a truck comes, overnight team unloads the truck, loads it all u boats and z bars to be pulled onto the floor for the daytime crew to unload.

Placing the new merchandise, you have to have an understanding of what the company wants from the Planagrams they issue to the Leads.
Accessories and Lingerie had no Lead so a lot of times I would wing it on my own. These 2 departments are not important to the Management Team.
The workplace culture is great as there is a variety of ages employed there.

The hardest part of the job was the physical work of pulling on the u boats that are piled 7-8 feet tall, and if you are short, the only way to get the boxes off the top is to knock it off or wait for someone taller to help you.

The part I enjoyed was assisting the customer when they are trying to find an item. There is so much merchandise in the store you cant really focus your eyes on the area you want. The Associates know exactly where the merchandise is and their headsets lead them if they cant find the items.
Pluspunten
the hours to work are flexible
Minpunten
unfortunately when I hired in Kohls at one location had a great Management Team, since 2015 all new Managment has come in and there is no leadership
Good experience
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hamilton, OH13 april 2018
This was a seasonal temporary job so I was only there 2+ months. It was a good experience and a good company to work for. I stocked shelves and straightened shelves. Also returned merchandise back to the proper area.
treat employees well
Minpunten
no routine on working days
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Kohl's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag