LabCorp Reviews

Alle 2.890 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, high stress job, good coworkers
Specimen Processing Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  New Hartford, NY16 mei 2018
A typical day is that you hit the ground running when you get to work. There is a lot to do, and the department is usually under staffed. Aside from that, the employees are all very friendly and helpful. Everyone works together and there is always laughter. The management helps as much as they are able. The hours are difficult, only 2nd shift is available. Usually the workers stay until at least 1am.
Benefits, fun work environment
Long hours, heavy workload
Good place to start out
EDI Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  McLeansville, NC16 mei 2018
It’s a pretty good company to work for, but of course it also depends on your management. Nothing is uniform. For some teams, they’re able to use flex time, but others who have the same role but work under someone else can’t flex at all. I gained a lot of experience here and met some great people along the way, but now the company is trying to force certain things on everyone that of course DO NOT work for everyone. Your experience here will be dependent on who you work for and it’s certainly hit or miss.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Bedrijfscultuur
An okay place to work on
Specimen Accessioner (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA16 mei 2018
Only has night shifts. Lots of over time. Pay is okay but they can do better. Management is okay. Employees are very nice. Met a lot of great people. Overall Labcorp is a good company to work on.
Patient Intake Representative (huidige medewerker) –  Menifee, CA15 mei 2018
They lack management skills, there was too much favoritism in that work place. They over work their employees, sometimes we would be short handed and they would refuse to help us get help from other locations.
Busy
Phlebotomist (huidige medewerker) –  Waldorf, MD15 mei 2018
You have to know your craft. Be confident. Be familiar with the companies procedures..it will be a eye opener if you do. Pick your battles. Trust few folks. Observe. Be mindful of the gossip you will be subjected to. Dont disclose any personal business.
bonuses
Not enough qualified staff
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive very much, fun no very stressed
Phlebotomist I (voormalige medewerker) –  California14 mei 2018
I worked my self to a high stress point to tears, and to get nothing or help from anyone. I was so stressed by the end of the day I hated thinking I would be there the next day. I alone had up to 60 patients, although I love what I do, but the stress and the angry patients thinking it was just them. Patients would be very discourtious and we would just sit a take all there abuse.
Bedrijfscultuur
A big company has bigger benefits
Phlebotomist and Lab Processing Technician (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX14 mei 2018
Working for a large corporation has its perks. The systems used to process specimens are streamline. Its great and makes it really easy to service your patients quickly, and process specimens correctly. Management is decent. I began my career with Labcorp in Florida, and was able to get transferred to Texas. They were kind enough to make an exception for me, since I had not worked there for a year before transferring. You get a bonus quarterly (4 a year) based on your team collecting credit cards from patients, servicing patients in a timely manner, (we try for a less than 30 minute wait time) and getting survey cards from patients, etc. Your bonus usually ends up being anywhere from $350-$450 depending on how well your work location did for that quarter. It is taxed when added to your paycheck, but hey its free money so who cares. Labcorp has other great perks such as an awesome 401K, free lab work, fitness reimbursement programs, discounts on a ton of services and necessities (phone bills, rental cars, hotels, etc). Overall, sometimes you feel distant from management because the company is so large. But if you are looking for a place with great perks, this is the place for you. I will include that in Florida and Texas, both locations were under-staffed for long periods of time. Phlebotomy jobs tend to have a high turn over rate, but it does add to your stress level. Besides performing blood work, you are expected to perform urine drug screens, paternity tests, biometrics testing, and hair testing. You will likely do a lot of drug screens. The job is high stress and demanding,  meer... but if you can handle it, the compensation is worth it.  minder
Bedrijfscultuur
Slow advancement combined with inept management
Laboratory Technologist (huidige medewerker) –  Burlington, NC14 mei 2018
Do not expect any sort of promotion or advancement based on merit. At this location, only those who are willing to remain in their current position for far longer than necessary will be considered for the few available positions. Your coworkers do not care about their work, the management doesn't care, and you will be encouraged to not care either.
Labcorp
Microbiologist Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Elon, NC14 mei 2018
The work is very easy, but my shift (3rd) gets a heavy work load. There is plenty of overtime which I don't mind. The only downfall is management is terrible. I have been at Labcorp for 7 years so I know how to do everything in my department. Upper management want discipline employees that don't meet standards but they expect their experienced employees like me, to always pickup the slack and take heavy loads of the work. I feel like they don't value the good employees. We all get about the same raises which I don't think is fair. I can't speak for every department at Labcorp, but it seems like all supervisors there follow the same suit.
Pluspunten
Good healthcare with decent pay
Bedrijfscultuur
not a place for career advancement
Temp (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA14 mei 2018
my overall experience was that, there wasn't a very diverse atmosphere. Also the fact that you cant leave at the end of your shift, on time is not appealing to me
Minpunten
no cafeteria, no hour break, no diversity
Medical Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL14 mei 2018
Works with employees in setting mutual goals.
Makes an effort to counsel employees and document performance (both positive and negative) throughout the year.
Maintains a supervisor file that contains documentation of performance on each subordinate throughout the year.
Has had no unrated Performance Planning and Review's or untimely planning sessions in this rating year. Always completes PPR's well within the 60 day deadline date. Also proactive in performance evaluations. Has an open door policy for all subordinates.
labcorp
Patient Service Technician (Float) (huidige medewerker) –  Denver, CO14 mei 2018
As a whole the company is good. Management needs a lot of work. As of now I am looking for other job opportunities as I have a poor supervisor. If I had a better supervisor I would stay with the company.
Phlebtomist
Phlebotomist / Laboratory Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Mobile, AL12 mei 2018
50-75 patients per day
I learned very quickly to prioritize my task and coordinate my efforts. Management was there if you needed them.
I worked at a remote site so pretty much operated alone.
the most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that I had no problem working alone and proficiently. My patients were my friends.
Good Pay
Minpunten
Hard to get a day off to take care of self
Phlebotomist (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY11 mei 2018
Great place to work. Management fair and readily available. Great co workers. Would recommend it to any one looking for a phlebotomy job. Fair place to work
Busy and good location
Phlebotomist (Extern) (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, AZ10 mei 2018
A very fast pasted location, loved being able to do my externship there. I am very grateful for being able to learn and them helping me on getting experience in the real world.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast-paced health services data entry position
Temporary laboratory assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ9 mei 2018
Involved maintaining a fast paced work ethic in a high throughput environment. Identification of proper biochemical assays and attention to detail is a must.
Efficient high-throughput system
Minpunten
Fast paced nature of the job can be overwhelming.
Bedrijfscultuur
never work in such an enviornment
Lab Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Burlington, NC9 mei 2018
perhaps its just the department but this place leaves a very filthy taste in your mouth. Its a high school environment on steroids. There isn't sufficient follow through with the higher ups....sad
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Mundane and easy work
Specimen Accessioner (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilmington, NC9 mei 2018
A typical day at work included sample processing, labeling and packaging. The work is very mundane and does not change. There is not much though required.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good company to work for, Labcorp offer incentives and good benefits.
Specimen Processor (voormalige medewerker) –  LaPorte, IN9 mei 2018
Good company to work for, LabCorp offer incentives and good benefits. I like that you work independently with little supervision. Knowledgeable staff.
loved this place
Laboratory Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA8 mei 2018
working with different offices and clinics, fun job, working with little or no supervision, very nice staff, loving and family oriented, work culture, happy and free, no hard part of the job, patients are great
Pluspunten
they made me feel needed
Minpunten
not working for them now
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij LabCorp. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag