Lowe's Reviews

29.414 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 29.423 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Great Environment
Independent Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  CA7 november 2018
Good work life balance, easy to get to with friendly workplace environment. Co-workers are always willing to help and provide information. Overall a well balanced working environment.
people
Cafeteria has closed
Lowe’s
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Brady7 november 2018
I really enjoyed the people I worked with at Lowe’s, they are very helpful, and very respectful. If the pay were better and more hours available I would have stayed.
Comfortable Atmosphere
Minpunten
Low pay and too few hours.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
If you are white and from Wilkesboro then you will go far
Senior Analyst (voormalige medewerker) –  Mooresville, NC7 november 2018
Lowe's is a culture of nepotism, imagine a family run company that only hired their neighbors from the farm and finds itself a 56 billion dollar company that retains its backwoods values. If you are from Wilkesboro and had family who were already with the company you are guaranteed a job. Lowes values Loyalty above all else, anything they say on their PR page is a falsehood. This has been the only company that I have been part of that penalizes you for having earned a degree above an associate level. If you worked as a cashier and worked your way up the chain then you are management material. If you are hired externally to help change the systematic cycle of failure then you will find yourself in a world of frustration. A Wilkesboro native with a high school education will put in charge of employees with advanced degrees in their fields because they are "Lowe's Savy" or in non Lowe's terms, they know a family member or neighbor to work the system. Corporate is by far a very political and toxic environment that penalizes success. You are encouraged to document why a program or project failed than to show improvement. Lowe's does not accept change, the former CEO ruled by decree that "He wanted to see his DNA on everything at Lowe's". Gross as that sounds, he wanted his decrees to be gospel handed down the management chains without question. Lowe's also is happy to trap employees who accept a moving package to work at corporate. It is known as the 2 or 3 year bounce where depending on your relocation package you find yourself 40k or more on the hook to stay for an allotted  meer... time or forced to pay back the moving package. You are easily blackballed from the company. Expect to earn a salary 10% lower than industry standard as the company knows there is nothing else in the area to compet with them.  minder
not many
Minpunten
everything you would expect from a company built on nepotism
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Worked with great people.
LOSS PREVENTION MGR/ADMINISTRATIVE MGR/SALES MGR (voormalige medewerker) –  South Carolina7 november 2018
I enjoyed my time at Lowe's Home Improvement. I worked in several positions and enjoyed them all. The people I worked with were the most enjoyable part of my experience.
More than I expected
Home Décor Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Issaquah, WA7 november 2018
It's not perfect, but for retail/hardware, it's way more than I expected. Scheduling is kind of a pain. The 10% off for staff is great, there's a 401k, PTO, and I feel like they want you to succeed. Often short staffed.
10% off, 401k, PTO
scheduling, short staffed
Challenging
Assistant Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  New Orleans, LA7 november 2018
Honestly, Lowe's has reduced hourly workers to the point where staffing is inconsistent with the requirements of their segment. Customers in home improvement need a lot of attention, but hourly staff must task rather than focus on the customer. Lowe's says the right things about customer first, but the lack of staffing means that everyone (including management) mouths the corporate line while interacting with the customer as little as possible.
compensation, benefits
Minpunten
need to spend more staffing dollars on hourly labor
Great working atmosphere,
Customer Service Assistant II (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA7 november 2018
training in customer service was great benefit to all of us. most jobs are not secure because of sale in a season. hardest part of working there is that they don't offer that many full time positions.
So So Place to work
Sales Associate Part Time (voormalige medewerker) –  Sinking Spring, PA7 november 2018
don't get injured while at work you are treated terrible by Cooperate not much more to say you are treat at best poorly by after a short period of time they suspend your benefits they even try to stop paying you force you to retain an attorney to protect your rights sad situation
some real Nice people
Don't get injured while working Horrible treatment by Corperate
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Tulsa, OK7 november 2018
There was a lot of days that you will have customers who potentially give you an attitude but you should not worry about it but just to keep helping on there personal needs.
break time
closing
good experience overall
Sales Specialist - Fashion Plumbing (voormalige medewerker) –  Plainville, CT7 november 2018
Great company to work for, loved my job as sales specialist. Exceeded my sales goals monthly. I also made top 25 sales specialist 10 times in Boston region out of 1,200 specialists. The only negative was the scheduling, one day 6-3pm, next 10-7pm, next 2 days 2-11pm.

Mutual separation from company.
good pay
scheduled hrs.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
friendly workplace with many advancing opportunities
customer service (voormalige medewerker) –  Wasilla, AK7 november 2018
A typical day at work consisted on going through the daily checklist of what to get done, while giving customers an enjoyable experience during their visits to the store. What I learned in my position was how to take care of different types of plants, what pesticides to use where, what materials to use to build outdoor equipment, and skills to improve my customer service. Management was understanding during circumstances that arose during my time there. The hardest part of my job was making sure not to over water certain plants that we would receive.The most enjoyable part of my job was getting certified to drive the power equipment.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great pportunity for growth if willing to sacrifice family life.
Human Resource Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia, MO7 november 2018
Was a great place to work and will be again once the new CEO forces the politics out of the hiring process and enforces his expectation on performance and results at the Regional and Market level.
Customer centric
To political
Customer Service Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Virginia6 november 2018
Its a great job and great work environment great management and your hard work is recognized at Lowe's. Great benefits and flexible hours. I have learn from great leaders and much about customer service and support.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work with advancement opportunities
Delivery Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Hope Mills, NC6 november 2018
Great work environment and good culture. Management is good but could be somewhat better. The company seems more interested in cutting hours rather than ensuring there are enough personnel working to effectively cover all departments at all times to ensure customers receive great customer service.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Working with Lowes
Head Cashier Customer Service / Sales (voormalige medewerker) –  North Attleboro, MA6 november 2018
A day at Lowe's was very laid back. Iv'e taken a lot of leaderships qualities away from working at Lowe's. Management is personable yet professional. One thing that may have been hard with working at Lowe's was the schedule. Working early hours is not for everyone. One thing iv'e definitely enjoyed at Lowe's is the relationships you form, everyone was like family.
Relationship, Promotions
Early hours
good I guess
Sales Associate/Delivery Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Killeen, TX6 november 2018
managers work with you, but Kronos work space (things you clock in and out with) is very confusing and goes down a lot and schedule is slightly confusing.
Pluspunten
community work space, benefits, average pay, flexible hours.
Part-Time Job
(CPO) regarding order issues (voormalige medewerker) –  Cary, NC6 november 2018
Lowes was only meant to be a PT. I had a FT as well. Lowes was a mental relief for me and a physical workout as well.

There are a lot of great employee I made a lot of friends.

Lowes was not the best at equipping departments with efficient sales associates for the day to day functions. Many days we were short of staff.
Good place to start
Electrical Sales Associate/Client Relations (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL6 november 2018
Nice place to work when going to school.Different positions are available. They're very big on safety. When closing you might leave early or stay late depending on the sales.
Overall good
CISC (voormalige medewerker) –  Wilkesboro, NC6 november 2018
Its a good job but can be hectic. Management is good they're getting there. It's faced pass so being on top of things is key. Different roles may be easier or harder.
Pluspunten
On campus lunch discounts stock
Schedule
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun, but fun doesn't pay the bills
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbia, SC; Durham, NC; Atlanta, GA6 november 2018
I enjoyed working for Lowe's. Everyday was a challenge to see if you could help someone fix an issue they were having. Most of the co-workers were great. I started to climb the ladder, so to speak. I started out as a specialist and then became a department manager. I took training to move up in the company, but the bench for moving up is long and politics, kissing butt, play a big part. Since I don't play politics I was passed over. The pay was not good for my position. I maxed out at a little over $17 an hour and I was told that was high for a department manager. With the schedule rotation you had 13 weekends off a year.
Pluspunten
Grest co-workers, Everyday is a challenge.
Minpunten
Pay, Not promoting people who deserve it, Turn and burn (close one night and then open the next day).
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Lowe's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag