Lowe's Reviews

Alle 21.768 reviews worden getoond
Retail
Loss Prevention Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Bolingbrook, IL8 december 2017
This is a retail location and as such there is nothing new to tell about working with grouchy customers and endless returns. Management was ok only with upper levels.
Typical retail
Appliance Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Amherst, NY8 december 2017
When I started at Lowe's 2 years ago, I was told by the employees that the culture at Lowe's was better than the average retail job. This of course was when there were multiple ASMs, department managers, 1 selling system and a healthy amount of full-time staff. The company is trying to advance financially by cutting the workforce any chance they get. No more department managers means less knowledgeable leaders, and overworked SSMs. Once again, cutting full-time opportunities means less knowledgeable staff and putting part-time kids on the floor who have little vested interest in learning the department(s) they are working in. If you happen to be a self-motivated worker, expect to be hired for one job, but told to work in different departments whether you want to/have any training whatsoever. Lowe's has decided to pinch pennies by sweeping out the foundation from under the company. Understaffed, under-trained, and underpaid staff in a customer service driven company is going to deter customers in the long run.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Receiver/Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Erwin, NC8 december 2017
An ok place to work.
The people are cool.
I learned how to unload a truck fast and how to organize the shelves in a manner with the customers in mind.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fairly easy job, not enough hours.
sales associate (huidige medewerker) –  Athens, OH8 december 2017
If you can land a full time job at Lowe's I'm sure it's a great experience. I just can't make it on 800 dollars a month. The management is tossed around by corporate as they please. I've seen managers become sales associates and specialists and make less because corporate decides to change the structure.
Easy going, Garden Center is peaceful to work in
Minpunten
Low hours, corporate throws around management structure.
things learned
Full-time Electrical Pro (voormalige medewerker) –  Texas City, TX7 december 2017
indoor work place learned installs, receiving, stocking computer skills, products. working with customers.Inventory,keeping stock level right,Working Electrical, Plumbing,Appliance departments cashering when needed.
Bedrijfscultuur
Not a job you want to do long term
CDL Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Spokane, WA7 december 2017
12+ hour days are common. Moving very heavy appliances on a regular basis up lots of steps with poorly maintained equipment. As a driver you get a helper. They range from very helpful to not being able to lift 20 lbs. or reverse a fridge door. Incomplete tool set. Unresponsive mngt. to employee concerns. Unsafe trucks/liftgates. Nonexistent work/life balance. Forced to work rotating days off which results in having to work 6-7 days in a row. Hourly rate was lower than it should be given the amount of wear and tear on the body but with overtime (you WILL get it whether you wanted it or not) it made for some nice paychecks. Management is very easygoing on making mistakes and accommodating you in emergency situations. They have a STRONG belief in providing outstanding customer service. Most days you will have to load/unload your own truck. Never know from day to day when you will be done so it's virtually impossible to plan anything after work. Not to mention that you'll be so tired by the end you want to do anything. Good job for teens for 6 months. Not for an adult male providing for his family.
Pluspunten
Easy going management, overtime pay, routine.
Minpunten
NO chance for advancement, repetitive injuries, no work/life balance
Paint
Sale Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, NC7 december 2017
really fun working there but could sometimes be bad days. Also, they took care of you when you need time off for a family emergency. The company cares for it's people
Good stuff
Trilingual Sales Associate/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL7 december 2017
I recommend to any friend to experience working for them, very friendly and collaborative environment.
I enjoyed my time there, the only problem was that they only had part-time position.
nice place to work
PLUMBING SALES SPECAILIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Woodhaven, MI7 december 2017
I started as a seasonal employee and was then hired for full time position. The only thing that I did not like was that they did not like to advance employees to management from within the store, so if you wanted to go up you needed to leave your store.
pretty good schedule
advancement
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoyed being part of the new store opening in Barrie, working from the ground floor up.
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Barrie, ON7 december 2017
Long hours yielded satisfaction when able to solve a customer's problem, advancement was attainable, team was great to work with. Hardest part was dealing with disgruntled customers. Management was all over the place, no continuity in their policies.
Great team to work with
Stressful
it is a free for all
Sales (huidige medewerker) –  Lowes7 december 2017
There is a lack of managers who actually manage people. Managers are too busy managing processes that they do not have time to supervise personnel. If one posesses a high work ethic, you will tire yourself out daily while others stand around and become "blood clots." By blood clots I mean 2 or 3 stand around in red vest in some aisle of the store and gossip while the workers wear themselves out. This is not a result of store managers ineptitude, they just do not have time to supervise people. Managers are busy at managing processes, merchandising, cycle counting, etc.. If one has no work ethic, by all means get a job there you will be happy and do fine Just be a syncophant to the bosses and they will not have time to find out that you are a lazy bum. But if you are a hard worker, there will never be any reward for the contribution that you make.
this category is diminishing
not enough space here
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a very good job and a good place to work
Night Stocker (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY7 december 2017
I was night stock and it was a very relaxed job most nights, it was a very good job, had great management, store manager was very nice and very easy to work with, and was very happy with the employees there.
stress free at night
Minpunten
bad benifits and night time employees miss the free lunches
Unhappy
Customer Service Associate Lumber (huidige medewerker) –  Saskatoon, SK7 december 2017
they expect you to do every thing even when their are not enough people to do the work

they Lie to me about job advancements

they fire good hard working people for speaking up about bad work conditions

given terrible shifts, I am working morning, mid, and closing shifts all in one week and closing one night and opening the next with only 8 hours between shifts
too many
Bedrijfscultuur
Has turned into non employee concered buisines
Receiving Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX7 december 2017
Not the company from years ago greed and poor management has created an atmosphere where employee not the valuable asset. Working conditions have became unproductive.
Enjoyable place to work.
Receiving Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV7 december 2017
Lowe's was an enjoyable place to work. There was always something new going on so it was never boring. The people (customers and employees) are what made this job so enjoyable though. You are always meeting new people, which is exciting to learn about people and where they are from and what it is they are looking for. Some of my best friends are my co-workers and that is one of the greatest benefits of working with Lowe's.
Employee Discounts
Minpunten
Very physical job (although I don't really view this as a con)
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
fun place to work
Sales Management Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Jacksonville, AR7 december 2017
rotate schedule was great, work with on scheduling to some degree, over all fun place to work Good customer service is very important to me so the work invironment was conducive to my back ground
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Great pay and people
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA7 december 2017
I loved working for the company hence spending 8yrs there. At times there was a shortage with staff which required one person taking on multiple work loads but when we were staffed it was a great environment.
exceptional pay great culture
Minpunten
short staffed at times management not always helpful
Great Job
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Springville, NY7 december 2017
Working at Lowes was FUN. I worked the inside lawn and garden department. Just after I was hired the department manager was after a 5% increase in sales for the year, we ended with a 15% increase in sales. It was a team effort. Lowes gave me a chance to expand my sales efforts by sending me to training schools which gave me a chance to sell product with a better understanding. I would love to go back to work for Lowes.
Great working condishions
Minpunten
would have liked full time
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Lowe's
Assistant Store Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, NH7 december 2017
Lowe's can be a great place to work, but it all depends on what the management is like. What you had to do constantly changed on a day to day basis, but there were regular things that had to be completed on a weekly basis. The catch was to balance the two.
Pluspunten
fast paced, never boring, quality people to work with
Minpunten
long hours, instability, angry customers, always understaffed
lowes job
Front End Head Cashier (huidige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL7 december 2017
overall, working for lower's I thought they cared about their employees but after I got injury on the job I found out their true colors and how they really treat their employee and so called family.
co workers are friendly
Minpunten
no benefits, no chance for advancement, no increase in pay, treating employees unfairly

Algehele waardering