Reviews voor Department Manager bij Lowe's

1.186 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
fun place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA10 december 2017
They offer a lot fo different things to their employees. Competitive pay and vacation and sick time. They offer dental 401k and benefits. Great place to work.
it is a starting place
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  McMinnville, TN9 december 2017
keep in mind it is retail, you can start out helping to get fright put
away, stocking shelves. helping customers find what they are looking
for. helping customers put their project together. help customers
load vehicle
Pluspunten
day goes by fairley fast
Minpunten
managment not always part of the team
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoyed being part of the new store opening in Barrie, working from the ground floor up.
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Barrie, ON7 december 2017
Long hours yielded satisfaction when able to solve a customer's problem, advancement was attainable, team was great to work with. Hardest part was dealing with disgruntled customers. Management was all over the place, no continuity in their policies.
Great team to work with
Stressful
Great pay and people
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA7 december 2017
I loved working for the company hence spending 8yrs there. At times there was a shortage with staff which required one person taking on multiple work loads but when we were staffed it was a great environment.
exceptional pay great culture
Minpunten
short staffed at times management not always helpful
Bedrijfscultuur
decent pay and good benefits
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Macon, GA5 december 2017
physical, mental, fast paced, multi tasking all day long. I learned how to deal with stress and be positive. I learned how to manage different type of people. It was a fast past, competitive environment. Hardest part of job was putting up large amount of heavy freight daily. I truly enjoyed helping people to find what they wanted to purchase and sharing my product knowledge with them. It made me feel really good to see people be able to feel confident in their purchasing of the product which they needed
typical
Department Manager/ Product Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  West Palm Beach, FL4 december 2017
Typical work day. Easy to deal with. Chances of growth very slim. Management are likely to be hired from outside rather than promoted from within. Would work for them again
Bedrijfscultuur
a place to get things done
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Turlock, CA4 december 2017
Daily meetings, communicate with managers for feedback and problem solving .Help customers with products and restoration projects. Place orders for installations.
Pluspunten
Festivities and employee appriciation, great benifits
Minpunten
Multitask, Manage associates and customers, delays on orders
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, never able to finish any projects without interruptions
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (huidige medewerker) –  Erie, PA30 november 2017
Over the years that I have been employed I have seen many changes, not all for the better for employees. Overall it has provided me and my family a livable income. Due to recent restructure that is no longer the case.
Working with the public is always challenging, and many times rewarding, but at times very stressful.
Latest store manager has been very good for our store, but corporate has, in my opinion, yanked the rug out from under long time employees, such as my self.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Evening, weekend hours
Bedrijfscultuur
it was and ok place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Leesburg, FL29 november 2017
Lowes was a stepping stone job that will not lead you very far in the end. It is a job and nothing more. management is not very good and the pay was very low.
Great associates
Dept. Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Port Orange, FL28 november 2017
I enjoyed working at Lowes and I enjoyed the people I worked around. My supervisor was very understanding and motivated me to want more. I tried to move up in the company but it seemed the opportunity would be declined. After I received my degree I went to another retailer to advance my career.
Bedrijfscultuur
with changes comes other oppurtunities
dept. manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Kinston, NC26 november 2017
worked at lowes almost 14 years had to get another job due to management restructure told management about other jobs you would think they would try to keep me since i've been there so long just told me good luck on new job wanted to stay but my new job there would have lost over 800 a month good benefits good employees but asms don't do any work and sevice managers are their puppets bumping heads with each other.Now it's all about who's in management you're cool with not about how hard you work to move upnwasn't like that when infirst started years ago
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
if your not in the friends circles you're not advancing
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and must have flexible work schedule
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Bethlehem, PA19 november 2017
Scheduling and dealing with shift rotations everyday. Good experience dealing with customers and learning different personality types and having to work in a fast paced environment. Loading freight and stocking shelves.
Discount vacation time
Minpunten
healthcare insurance, everyday shift changes, no room for advancment
good job and pay
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Belle Vernon, PA13 november 2017
I loved my job at Lowes! Management gets to you sometimes and there are always the lazy employees and the grumpy ones, but overall it was a great job. Most frustrating things for me were the call-offs and late employees, so the faithful employees had to work extra hard all the time to make up for the call-offs.
pay, fast-pace
Minpunten
dealing with call-offs, cheap and entitled customers
N/a
Department Manager (Lumber) (voormalige medewerker) –  Bradley, IL13 november 2017
A typical day a Lowe's in putting up stock before the the store opens. When the store opens you man you department and help customers with what ever project the working on
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work but they have changed things recently
Dept Manager Sales Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Trotwood, OH10 november 2017
They got rid of most of the full time positions due to Obama Care etc. The workload for full time management has increased, as I have heard from other friends who still work there. Beware of a new culture and environment. I am not sure what it is like now and into the future.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Mismanagement
Department Manager/Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Casa Grande, AZ8 november 2017
The Asst. Managers hid most of the time so hard to gets help or answers to questions for staff or customers . Associates were working more than their department, sometimes up to 4 or 5 departments trying to cover each left no time to complete tasks that were " vital " in the ASMs eyes. Restructuring of management made things even harder, less DMs also means less coverage.
Bedrijfscultuur
Recent management restructure challenging but confusing.
Dept Mgr/Service Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Oaks, PA6 november 2017
I was an up and coming dept manager working towards promotion when suddenly in Jan it was announced that all dept manager positions were being eliminated. Those of that wanted to were eligible to apply for a newly created service manger position. Basically we were given more dept to run and given the same power and access an Assistant Store Manager would have but did not receive any more money. In addition, the roles were not clarified and we were going into the busy time of year for home improvement, March through August. Our store is high volume so as you can imagine it was one chaotic mess. Management turnover has been over 60%. Hard to learn your job functions with rotating managers let alone work at getting promoted. I will miss my co-workers but its time to move on.
Pluspunten
Down to earth employees who made you earn their respect
Minpunten
Confusing, fluid job functions, low pay
Work with good people
Paint and Window Blinds Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA6 november 2017
It's a good place to work as a side job or part time. Overall great people to work with. Once you get in to management the demand doesn't match with the pay.
cowerkers
Pay
fun place to work at
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Chula Vista, CA2 november 2017
good overall experience, really good for a student I would say, part time pays well. good people, decent hours. learn new skills and put to use in the store and at home
fun place to work at
non for me
Bedrijfscultuur
no home life for regular employees
Department Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Cookeville, TN2 november 2017
I enjoyed my time with Lowes but there was a lot of changes and I didn't feel that they treated their employees fairly. With my store if you wasn't in the management click they were set out to make things harder for you. Coworkers were ok there was the typical high school feel drama in most areas. The work is hard and you are on your feet constantly. Overall I stayed due to the pay but the company overall doesn't care about their employees at least in my store. Each one is different.

Algehele waardering