Reviews voor Department Manager bij Lowe's

1.467 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 29.016 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
great company
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Chattanooga, TN18 oktober 2018
my day would start by opening by open the store and having a meeting with all the department managers. Then make sure all product was put up from the night receiving was to up on the shelving
Bedrijfscultuur
Enjoyed job. But was thrown into postion given my previous retail experience. Started with a quality manager then inherited an lazy manager.
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM14 oktober 2018
Generally like the work. Mostly customer service, stocking and merchandising. I had a lengthy retail career prior to this job, so at management meeting as a department manager, i spoke up about issues and questions brought up by upper management. Apparently, the consensus was to keep quiet. So, I was like by department managers, but challenged by senior management.
No clear team goal. I was forbidden from leaving my department to assist customers in other departments including just taking them to the right area.
This job was difficult as weekly shifts were between 2pm-10pm and 5am to 1pm. so the differential was difficult to adjust to from day to day.
this job is for youngsters as the pay is decent and the hours might be easier or convenient for them.
Pay.
Minpunten
Shift times. Poor management. Lack of direction provided.
Nice
Department Manager – Flooring, Windows, Walls (huidige medewerker) –  Abbotsford, BC14 oktober 2018
This particular location is great. We are currently understaffed, and that makes it hard a lot of the time. Hopefully we will be back up to full staff soon.
Great employess
Dept. Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Bowling Green, KY13 oktober 2018
Great employess to work with. I enjoyed working with customers on projects to help them with their needs. I’ve enjoyed my 12 plus years. When the restructure was in place my pay would be $7.00 less per hour
Great insurance
Bedrijfscultuur
all depends on whicih store and mgment at the store and morale there
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, DE11 oktober 2018
spent 9 years at lowe's
all of us (coworkers) that were there 5+ years became like family
great benefits

not always great communication
ca be fun - enjoyable place to work
Pluspunten
benefits
Minpunten
schedule, always work evening, weekends, stressfull at timte
Bedrijfscultuur
Team Leader/ Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Southfield, MI10 oktober 2018
Complete year to date, shrink and budget report. Conduct follow ups on assignment given to employees in my department. Meet with upper management to discus potential sales issues and employee scheduling. Down load daily sales goals report and order new inventory. Offer any support need to help complete details within the department. The hardest part was making sure deadlines are achieved. The most enjoyable part was exceeding my budget goals for the week.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great company, but not great working hours.
Sales, Department Manager, Customer service (huidige medewerker) –  Corinth, MS10 oktober 2018
I love my Lowes family. However, the hours are crazy. Only one weekend off a month. And the week is filled with both opening and closing shifts. Most of us would prefer a more set schedule.
Pluspunten
Holiday and vacation time. Company paid meals on holidays.
Minpunten
Only one weekend off a month. Opening and closing shifts in the same week. Lots of heavy lifting.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Nice place to Work
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Owasso, OK9 oktober 2018
Enjoyed working for Lowes. Every day was different with challenges every day. Management can vary from store to store, however, I was pleased with my management team.
Decent Employer
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Riverhead, NY9 oktober 2018
As a whole, Lowes was a fair and decent to it's employees. They offered an average benefits package. They engaged the staff with yearly store meetings and kept them informed of upcoming news.
Good staff.
not many
Happily Gone
Delivery Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Reynoldsburg, OH7 oktober 2018
Lowe's more about getting rid of associates they don't like or don't fit the mold they want. Too many managers not performing and having to help cover other departments
Pluspunten
Great associates under my control
Too much conflict
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Lowes cares about the employee
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  NY4 oktober 2018
Lowes is a great company as it cares about both its employee and local community. There are many programs that are there to encourage employee growth and development. Also with the Lowes heros the company loves to give back to the community its self.
Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Toronto, ON28 september 2018
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Flexible
Short staffed
Bedrijfscultuur
Challenging and fun work environment
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Corbin, KY26 september 2018
Enjoyed working at this company very much. A typical day at work at Lowe's was always a challenge and something new. That is what I enjoyed the most about this job. Work environment was good and I worked with great people.
management
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (voormalige medewerker) –  Salem, NH24 september 2018
The store is in a good location with a lot of foot traffic , some days were easy while some days were hard , Its retail business that's fast paced and can stressful with a lack of poor staff , or when there's no communication for the day , managers tend to lack a lot , while very few actually are hard working but most just ride there associates and harshly criticize to get the job done. this job is not for everyone
amazing benefits
lazy managers
Good entry level job
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Mount Pleasant, SC24 september 2018
I can't speak to the current state of this company as i have not been there in years. But, i do keep abreast of what is happening in the company. But not enough to give a current review.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Pay was not too bad
Department Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Toronto, ON23 september 2018
All employees ned to be held accountable.
Very stressful for certain positions.
Busy during the summer.
A lot of different departments to work in.
Dealing with difficult customers.
was the pay
streesful
Retail
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Township of Brick, NJ23 september 2018
Home improvement retail is not much different than other retail. Shifts vary from early AM to late night. Training is limited to come computer training and then being thrown into the fire.
Pluspunten
Discounts if you are renovating
it is retail
Limited Solutions
Department Manager of Installation Sales (huidige medewerker) –  Columbia, MO22 september 2018
The position allows a lot of freedom to set my own schedule and the wage is not bad. I get to work with some professional contractors for remodeling jobs and they do great work.
The job has several responsibilities and not enough authority to control the outcome. Many of our contractors do quality work, but the position gives no authority over those who do unacceptable work. There are so many steps to get every order placed, received, and delivered it is much too easy for problems to occur. Virtually the only solution is to give the final customer a discount from their purchase.
Pluspunten
This is a huge corporation that everyone knows.
Minpunten
Red Tape gets in the way of getting the job done.
Bedrijfscultuur
It once was a family oriented great atmosphere to work
Department Manager/CSAV (voormalige medewerker) –  Lock Haven, PA21 september 2018
Because of the last restructure Lowe's has really changed. There is no guidance and direction in departments now. Coverage is worse than its ever been. People leaving left and right. Customers frustrated because all the knowledgeable and experienced employees was left go or left on their own. Lack of help from employees. The morale is terrible.
Pluspunten
Pay, vacation, and they treated me well especially during my time on medical leave
Minpunten
Short coverage, no guidance and direction in departments, lack of knowledge and experience
I miss it
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Front Royal, VA21 september 2018
I worked at three different lowes locations over a few year span. I worked my way up as one of the most successful flooring managers in my district at a young age. I seriously loved this job. I had some mental health stuff that made me quit abruptly. I wish I could join the company again because I really enjoyed it.

I’m not into the bashing managers game... but most managers felt like hawks. They would try to get associates in trouble for anything they could (I covered my own butt so I didn’t get in trouble) and made it much more stressful than it should’ve been. I understand rewarding bonuses to upper management that keep costs down, but it REALLY hurts morale to leave work feeling defeated some of the time. Most of the young employees I worked with didn’t care for it, and most of the older employees were tired of how it is managed.

HR managers seem to leak a little too much information to other employees and management too.

That being said, I have had a few amazing and kind managers I worked with so many fantastic employees. I loved training my coworkers.
Salary, three breaks per 8 hour shift, great coworkers
Minpunten
Management like to find reasons to get people in trouble
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Lowe's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag