Luminex Corporation Reviews

Alle 70 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Electro/Mechanical Technician II (voormalige medewerker) –  Northbrook, IL3 september 2019
Great people and great benefits very relax work environment.
Co-workers are very friendly.
There is good opportunity to learn about the medical and lab products.
Good location.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent diverse place to work
Logistics Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX16 augustus 2019
Excellent place to work. Friendly environment with lots of benefits and opportunity to move up and grow in the company. Management and supervisors are excellent and providing needs for their employees. Would recommend others to work here.
20 augustus 2019

Thank you so kindly for sharing! Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and supportive work culture
Facilities Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX16 juli 2019
The work culture at Luminex is positive for the most part. I interact with various departments and personnel and have had a positive experience with most. Luminex strives to support employee needs in a well balanced manner.
17 juli 2019

Thank you for your feedback and positive rating. We want to ensure that employees Luminex experience is more than just a job, but an opportunity to realize their core values and make a difference in the world. Happy to have you as a part of the team.

2,0
Bedrijfscultuur
High-stress environment with little to no opportunities for advancement
Sr. Technical Writer (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX11 juli 2019
Luminex produces some of the most cutting-edge products for use in biomedical testing, however, that is as far as their forward-thinking goes. In my time there, upper management consisted of individuals with no prior experience in Technical Writing, coding, content development, or localization and translation. With an initial team of four individuals serving as an Information Development organization responsible for the creation of all technical documentation, the pressure to deliver a product guide translated into 10 different languages within a 6-week timeframe, was unreasonable. This led to many late nights working at home and on the weekends, to get the document written, edited, approved, shipped to the translation vendor, received back for publishing, then delivered to the printer for production before going to the distribution center for packaging. If anything, working at Luminex taught me how to manage unreasonable timelines, how to ask for tools that are necessary for the job, how to push back on the "nice to have" requests, and how to deal with conniving, manipulative, and toxic teammates.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
17 juli 2019

Thank you for your feedback and positive rating. We will ensure the feedback is shared and focus on learning more about this perception. Working with the management team to come up with ideas on how we can positively impact the perception shared. We want to ensure that employees Luminex experience is more than just a job, but an opportunity to realize their core values and make a difference in the world. Wish you the best with your next opportunity.

Bedrijfscultuur
Hier konnte man sehr gut arbeiten
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter (voormalige medewerker) –  Mönchengladbach27 juni 2019
Eine sehr lange Ziet habe ich hier sehr erfolgreich arbeiten und meine Ideen verwirklichen können. DANKE für diese Geile Zeit!
it could be worse
N/A (huidige medewerker) –  N/A6 juni 2019
I like working here for the most part. Pay is good, benefits are fine. Work/life balance is great. Most of the people are wonderful to work with. But executive management micromanages your activities without knowing exactly what you do. Wrong decisions are made and there is no recourse. Its very apparent that there is an inner circle for upper management and your job is very difficult if you aren't in the inner circle
1,0
裙带关系,一言堂
1,0
Horrible Experience
Product Development (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX27 januari 2019
I always felt my boss was backstabbing me to take credit for everything. Management was very cliquish and didn't have basic people skills. Some were outright bullies and others were more passive aggressive and rumor oriented. Everything was politically biased to the extreme. A lot of effort was placed on beating down employees. The CEO was really smart but a lot of the middle managers are too entrenched to really follow like they should.
Minpunten
Politics, backstabbing, rumors and conniving
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 11NeeRapporteren
17 juli 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We will ensure the feedback is shared and focus on learning more about this perception. Working with the management team to come up with ideas on how we can positively impact the perception shared. We want to ensure that employees Luminex experience is more than just a job, but an opportunity to realize their core values and make a difference in the world. Wish you the best with your next opportunity.

Engineer (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX9 december 2018
I was a long time employee. I felt that I did not advance my knowledge enough to stay. I also felt that they didn't push me to advance my knowledge enough and they gave up on me.

My early managers were great. I learned a lot from them.

Workplace culture - coworkers are great, management not so much.

Hardest part of job was red tape.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the successes.
Co-workers
Managers
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 3Rapporteren

Meh
Supervisor, Early Design Transfer (huidige medewerker) –  Northbrook, IL5 december 2018
Yes, the benefits are amazing, but there is so much bureaucracy that it's detrimental. Major decisions are made by big-wigs offsite and out of touch with the actual subject matter experts.
Amazing benefits
Minpunten
Daily frustrations and unnecessary stress
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 6NeeRapporteren
Lack of Advancement/Communication
Field Service Engineer (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX23 oktober 2018
Upward mobility capped, management communicates rarely and only when they need to highlight improper practices. Support and growth of individuals takes back seat to personal goals.
Pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 5NeeRapporteren
29 oktober 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As you are aware we have implemented tools to assist with improving communication between managers and employees. This year, the mid-year review was kicked off to allow managers to provide managers and employees with a format to have coaching discussions, i.e. focus on support, growth, competencies, etc. We are moving in the direction of improving the candidate and the employee experience. If you would like additional information on the roadmap of what is scheduled for 2019, please feel free to contact your HR team. We welcome your ideas as well.

Bedrijfscultuur
Great Place to work but very high turnaround in some groups due to excessive Micro-managing.
Reagent Quality Control Technician (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX6 september 2018
Go work there. A lot of good people there. Be wary of positions in Reagent Quality Control. Very high employee turnaround and very hard to advance. even then very small pay increases for advancement in that group.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren

Bedrijfscultuur
Retail Salesperson, Part-time (voormalige medewerker) –  Hlavní město Praha20 augustus 2018
There was always something to be done. Every time I come to the store I had to do something. When customers came I had to help them. I learned a lot, which is also important.
Pluspunten
They had really flexible hours. If I had to study for an Exam they always made my schedule shorter.
Salary
Bedrijfscultuur
Customer Service Supervisor / International (voormalige medewerker) –  Northbrook, IL15 juli 2018
Micromanage employees however good pay and good environment.
Too much gossip and if you know the right people you will get ahead.
This is when Luminex bought out Nanosphere back in 2016
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
2,0
Very stressful and micromanaged
Logistics Coordinator (huidige medewerker) –  Northbrook, IL14 juli 2018
Very stressful and micromanaged- management is always changing on how they want work performed. Not enough room for the amount of materials needed to make product.
great coworkers
micromanaged
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced company. Lack of communication thought departments
Reagent Manufacturing Associate II (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX25 juni 2018
Overall learning is great and well paced. Micromanaging is constant. No room for growth and advancement unless you are "in" with management. Great benefits.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Manufacturing Technician II (voormalige medewerker) –  Austin, TX13 juni 2018
I learned so much here. I have nothing bad to say about Luminex. Great company to work for. The people are also really awesome too. I met some great friends while I was there and I will miss them all very much.
Pay, vacation
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 3Rapporteren
29 oktober 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that your Luminex experience was more than just a job, and you were able to develop great friendships. Wish you the best in your new position.

Bedrijfscultuur
Fast-growing sector of the company but poorly managed in some areas
Manufacturing Supervisor (huidige medewerker) –  Northbrook, IL4 juni 2018
Very fast-paced and fast-growing company with an ever-growing customer base. Production goals increase often but some departments are very poorly managed. New Director is establishing his protocols and is reorganizing to fit his needs and direction. Workplace culture is okay but relationship with management is becoming more distant as managers jostle for the director's attention at the employee's expense. Promotions are very rare despite obvious hard work and commitment. Salaries of the employees are above industry standards but they are utilizing contract employees more often. Benefits are very nice and are catered to the employee's choosing. Overall, this has the potential to be a very nice company to work for but beware of the hidden agendas of some higher-ups.
Pluspunten
PTO, pay, health and investment benefits, steady work, scheduling
Minpunten
Poor management, poor direction, promotions very limited from the ground up
29 oktober 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your contributions, which allows our teams to provide customers with products reflecting the preferences of a diverse global marketplace—and this requires a workforce with the thoughts, ideas and experiences needed to serve all markets. You are encouraged to continue to collaborate, think, act and solve problems in new and different ways. Share your ideas on improvement ideas.

Bedrijfscultuur
Great people to work with. Management could improve...Stressful
IQC Incoming quality control (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX18 april 2018
Luminex has been a good experience, but could be better. Limited somewhat on advancement and or may be the area. People are great to work with. Great benefits.
Benefits.
Luminex Review
Partner Support Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Austin, TX21 maart 2018
The benefits are great and the pay is good, depending on the department you work with. Management can be hit or miss depending on your department. Overall, Luminex is a good place to start out.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 4Rapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Luminex Corporation. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag