Macy's Reviews

Alle 25.624 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Fun and productive
Sales Associate Macy's (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL20 juli 2018
The Macy's I worked at was mainly Spanish speakers, so my day at work was usual confusion because I do not understand Spanish. I learned how to use a computer faster.
Fast paced
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ20 juli 2018
You get customers that are rude & some quite friendly. Regulations & rules are mostly not met. "Privileged" customers tend to get what they want just by a call of a manager. Store & department managers push their policies, yet brake them just because "they didn't want to deal with the customers", which makes the associate pushing the policy feel "dumb". Sometimes those same rude customers tell you "You see, you just don't know how to do your job."
Apart from lunch brake, you get an additional 20 min. paid brake
Minpunten
Policies are enforced but not followed
Bedrijfscultuur
At Macy's you are given the opportunity to work in various departments and therefore, learn something about each one.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  King of Prussia, PA20 juli 2018
My many years as a part-time associate at Macy's added to my life experiences. New learning, new friends and many different clients from all walks of life.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive, fast paced, busy.
Customer Service -Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX20 juli 2018
At work on a typical day I could be doing many different things. I've worked over night, I worked in mens sells, I've also worked in cosmetics before. I learned how to get my jobs done effectively but also how to communicate with my other team members. The workplace was very busy but everyone was friendly and nice. The hardest part wasn't to hard but I guess I would say on a certain you could be doing something completely different and its weird to adjust when you've been doing it a certain way. I enjoyed most in this job doing something I liked and working.
nice breaks, friendly people
fair employer
Regional Human Resources Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  North Attleboro, MA20 juli 2018
morning meetings with all associates, interviewing, floor moves, customer service, meet with all about company incentives, and policy changes. met with senior team, to notify of company changes, work as operations assistant, run inventory twice a year.
stable work
good job
Sales Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomington, MN20 juli 2018
Macys has a lot of turnover. Basic customer service.
If you like to stay busy and work random hours this would be the job for you.
Folding clothes.
Overall good atmosphere
Visual Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Pennsylvania20 juli 2018
Everyone who works at Macy's is friendly and always helpful. The store atmosphere is laid back. Very customer centered. Pay rate is their main down fall.
Great part-time seasonal position
Seasonal Inventory and Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Natick, MA19 juli 2018
Enjoyed working with customers and my inventory control experience

I specialized in mens' clothing. Great experience as I also assisted the customers with clothing selections and suggestions when they
were purchasing items for a gift to someone.
great part-time job
Bedrijfscultuur
A good starter and a good teacher
Sales Associate-Men & Women Shoes (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA19 juli 2018
Not all companies are perfect but this company was appropriate. It was a good way to enter the retail world and although there was tough times. Those tough times did teach me a lot. I did develop many skills such as multitasking, communications through phones, and the business of credit cards.
Bedrijfscultuur
macys dont care about they associate ,they only care about the bonus
Department Stores Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  town east mall,tx19 juli 2018
macys expert people to work for free , management don't get proper training and they treat they associate like slaves ,CEO only care about they bonuses
non
non
Bedrijfscultuur
Slow production. Bad managment.
Power equipment operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Cheshire, CT19 juli 2018
Management is unstable. Long hours. Very competitive when it comes to growth. No room for growth. Not enough training for growth. Workplace culture is unrepresented.
television
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV19 juli 2018
nothing to say. i enjoyed working at Macy's however supervisors micromanaging and preference to certain individuals got tiresome and stressful over time
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
No appreciation
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA19 juli 2018
Working there was fine, but the managers dont really appreciate what you do. All they care for is the sales you make and to make sure they get a great “magic score” meaning good reviews from customers. You get a minimum of 30mins lunch break without pay, because you have to meal out, the longer your hours is paused, the longer you dont get paid, so 45mins to 1hr break our of 8hours schedule is only paid about 7hrs or so. Customers of Macy’s are most of “entitled” too, it’s hard for them to realize that Macy’s is not the same as the “high-end compared to JCpenny or Ross” anymore, it’s a kind of hard to explain to them that what they’re buying is already 80% off and cheap and they dont need to give you the attitude of someone buying an LV Merch. And it’s also one job, fits it all, as a sales associate, you do the dusting, restocking, Fullfilments, and general customers services such as calling the Macys credit Card hotline because the customer dont want to talk to agents across the globe. Speaking of credit card, you have to persuade atleast one client to sign up for a macys creditcard atleast once a week or else your manager wont let you hear the end of it. And also, you have to sell whatever charity they support too.. like almost literally beg your client to buy a pin from you so that your manager will be happy..
Flexible schedule, Overtime
Short breaks
Flexible job
Retail Sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Littleton, CO19 juli 2018
I was on call so it was very flexible, they work with you on your hours, definitely have to know how to multi task, and management was great. I personally never looked into the benefits, but I know they had them.
Pluspunten
Hour lunches, great management, flexible
Minpunten
Low pay, and not enough hours
Not worth it
Dress Specialist / Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Palm Desert, CA19 juli 2018
When I started at Macy's it was a little hard at first. But once I got the hang of the lay of the land and how things ran it was good. I did not appreciate losing my job over Macy money. They revised the policy after my termination. they don't appreciate their employees the way they should. that's my opinion
Flexible hours
Low pay
Be a star
Sale Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  San Jose, CA19 juli 2018
This job is all about style which I loved. Flexible shifts, easy computer systems to learn, on your feel alot, good selling experience here. Christmas time is always nice at Macy's to :)
Bedrijfscultuur
It has it's ups and downs
Connect @ Macy's Specialist (huidige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ18 juli 2018
I like interacting with the customers and working with other team members. It can be very stressful at times when it is extremely busy. Their benefits are great but their management can be better.
Employee Discounts and Benefits
Great training
Group Sales Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Memphis, TN18 juli 2018
learned a lot at Macys that has served me well in other jobs..
Learned the value of hard work.Learned team work was very important. Learned to work well with little supervision.
great pay and benefits
long hours, schedules
Bedrijfscultuur
Rarely rewarding, usually stressful, customer centric, but a great experience for personal development.
Receiving Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA18 juli 2018
Team would come in staggered shifts or as a whole to process truck. I would check in with my manager to review tasks for the week and address any issues.
Plenty of work to do, not always had the time or manpower to complete extra tasks. Side tasks would be folded into main tasks, budget would only allow for main tasks and side tasks would have to be squeezed in. Work was not necessarily difficult, but was time consuming and made difficult by previously mentioned restrictions.
My actual job was the fun part. Processing truck, cultivating and managing a team, working side by side with my team members was very satisfying.
Management differs by location. Personalities got in the way sometimes, leading to inconsistencies and changes in protocol unless revealed and addressed by Ops/Store manager. Team players were a joy to work with.
Customer service was the focal point, and every department contributed to that end. Teamwork with other departments was necessary and when executed properly, was actually a grand sight to see, very rewarding to see fruits of labor. Positive attitudes were highly encouraged, many outstanding individuals let their wonderful personalities flourish, which was infectious, leading to amazing days.
Standards were held high regardless, safety remains important, customers were obviously first, Macy's does not waver in providing a great customer experience.
Pluspunten
PTO, sick time, development and training, 401(k), amazing people, community involvement
Minpunten
Healthcare not payed by employer, excessive workload with budget restrictions, pay
Competitive yet encouraging
HOME SPECIALIST AND REGISTRY CONSULTANT (voormalige medewerker) –  Cambridge, NY18 juli 2018
I was generally satisfied with my job at Macy's. Management and upper management was good at recognising potential in its employees and utilising their strengths, reprogramming their weaknesses and training them for advancement.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Macy's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag