Macy's Reviews

25.630 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht Bekijk alle 25.631 reviews
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Seasonal
Retail Support Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL21 juli 2018
This is a decent company to work for if you're looking for some extra money or if you're retired or a student and need to work only a couple of days a week.
productive high energy place
Sales associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 juli 2018
everyday was different, typical day full of suprises dealing with multiple customers. i really enjoyed it. had more than enough freedom. most enjoyable part was dealing with customers from all over the world.
Super easy light job
Stock Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY21 juli 2018
While working with Macy's the learning experience I must say was very interesting. A typical day at Macy's is very soothing, and calming management is very fair. Workplace environment is clean, and comfortable to work in.
Two Breaks
Worst
Downtown Miami - Loss Prevention / Security Guard (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL21 juli 2018
Never helps you figure out on how to lead, instead just try to work away from your issues within the store. Compensation can't ever be discussed or reviewed for change
Employees were amazing
Support Merchendiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Santa Clarita, CA21 juli 2018
I worked the night shift so I would typically start at 3am and dont get done until 11 or 12 in the afternoon. All the employees were amazing including the management. The only con was when we were working throughout the day certain customers would get mad that we were not able to help within certain departments or sometimes when scanning the price tags you can get really sleepy, so trying to stay up can be hard. lunches were an hour, breaks were 15 mins. We couldn't get any bonuses since our department wasn't part of sales. Management would sometimes order us some pizza and sweets when we achieved one of our goals. When you do work hard, they do acknowledge that and they tend to get you even more hours on top of your 8 hour shift. I honestly love working there. No complaints
Pluspunten
Extra hours, Sometimes not dealing with customers, managment acknowledes when working hard
Minpunten
Customers can complain about things out of your control
fun and rewarding
Cashier and sales floor associate (huidige medewerker) –  Buford, GA20 juli 2018
i think it has been fun and rewarding working at macy's. it is always feels good to help a customer and make their day. when they come to shop at macy's we make them feel important
Bedrijfscultuur
Lots of movement but easy
Stock Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY20 juli 2018
If you don't have a problem lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, or carrying several boxes at once then you can do this job as well. It's a repetitive job.
Fun and productive
Sales Associate Macy's (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL20 juli 2018
The Macy's I worked at was mainly Spanish speakers, so my day at work was usual confusion because I do not understand Spanish. I learned how to use a computer faster.
Fast paced
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ20 juli 2018
You get customers that are rude & some quite friendly. Regulations & rules are mostly not met. "Privileged" customers tend to get what they want just by a call of a manager. Store & department managers push their policies, yet brake them just because "they didn't want to deal with the customers", which makes the associate pushing the policy feel "dumb". Sometimes those same rude customers tell you "You see, you just don't know how to do your job."
Apart from lunch brake, you get an additional 20 min. paid brake
Minpunten
Policies are enforced but not followed
Bedrijfscultuur
At Macy's you are given the opportunity to work in various departments and therefore, learn something about each one.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  King of Prussia, PA20 juli 2018
My many years as a part-time associate at Macy's added to my life experiences. New learning, new friends and many different clients from all walks of life.
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive, fast paced, busy.
Customer Service -Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX20 juli 2018
At work on a typical day I could be doing many different things. I've worked over night, I worked in mens sells, I've also worked in cosmetics before. I learned how to get my jobs done effectively but also how to communicate with my other team members. The workplace was very busy but everyone was friendly and nice. The hardest part wasn't to hard but I guess I would say on a certain you could be doing something completely different and its weird to adjust when you've been doing it a certain way. I enjoyed most in this job doing something I liked and working.
nice breaks, friendly people
fair employer
Regional Human Resources Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  North Attleboro, MA20 juli 2018
morning meetings with all associates, interviewing, floor moves, customer service, meet with all about company incentives, and policy changes. met with senior team, to notify of company changes, work as operations assistant, run inventory twice a year.
stable work
good job
Sales Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomington, MN20 juli 2018
Macys has a lot of turnover. Basic customer service.
If you like to stay busy and work random hours this would be the job for you.
Folding clothes.
Overall good atmosphere
Visual Merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  Pennsylvania20 juli 2018
Everyone who works at Macy's is friendly and always helpful. The store atmosphere is laid back. Very customer centered. Pay rate is their main down fall.
Bedrijfscultuur
A good starter and a good teacher
Sales Associate-Men & Women Shoes (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA19 juli 2018
Not all companies are perfect but this company was appropriate. It was a good way to enter the retail world and although there was tough times. Those tough times did teach me a lot. I did develop many skills such as multitasking, communications through phones, and the business of credit cards.
Bedrijfscultuur
macys dont care about they associate ,they only care about the bonus
Department Stores Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  town east mall,tx19 juli 2018
macys expert people to work for free , management don't get proper training and they treat they associate like slaves ,CEO only care about they bonuses
non
non
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Slow production. Bad managment.
Power equipment operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Cheshire, CT19 juli 2018
Management is unstable. Long hours. Very competitive when it comes to growth. No room for growth. Not enough training for growth. Workplace culture is unrepresented.
television
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV19 juli 2018
nothing to say. i enjoyed working at Macy's however supervisors micromanaging and preference to certain individuals got tiresome and stressful over time
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
No appreciation
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA19 juli 2018
Working there was fine, but the managers dont really appreciate what you do. All they care for is the sales you make and to make sure they get a great “magic score” meaning good reviews from customers. You get a minimum of 30mins lunch break without pay, because you have to meal out, the longer your hours is paused, the longer you dont get paid, so 45mins to 1hr break our of 8hours schedule is only paid about 7hrs or so. Customers of Macy’s are most of “entitled” too, it’s hard for them to realize that Macy’s is not the same as the “high-end compared to JCpenny or Ross” anymore, it’s a kind of hard to explain to them that what they’re buying is already 80% off and cheap and they dont need to give you the attitude of someone buying an LV Merch. And it’s also one job, fits it all, as a sales associate, you do the dusting, restocking, Fullfilments, and general customers services such as calling the Macys credit Card hotline because the customer dont want to talk to agents across the globe. Speaking of credit card, you have to persuade atleast one client to sign up for a macys creditcard atleast once a week or else your manager wont let you hear the end of it. And also, you have to sell whatever charity they support too.. like almost literally beg your client to buy a pin from you so that your manager will be happy..
Flexible schedule, Overtime
Short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Flexible job
Retail Sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Littleton, CO19 juli 2018
I was on call so it was very flexible, they work with you on your hours, definitely have to know how to multi task, and management was great. I personally never looked into the benefits, but I know they had them.
Pluspunten
Hour lunches, great management, flexible
Minpunten
Low pay, and not enough hours
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Macy's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag