Macy's Reviews

Alle 26.756 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
N/a
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Norfolk, VA19 oktober 2018
Set and achieve sales goals
Provide honest and confident feedback to customers about style and fit
Seek fashion and product knowledge to build your expertise
Build lasting relationships with customers
Grow sales by opening new Nordstrom Rewards program accounts
Typical day
Sales Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  Columbus, OH19 oktober 2018
My job was sales on the floor. I was a part time employee. Store closed in my area so I wasn't familiar with the Macy's franchise. I would have enjoyed continuing working there.
Pluspunten
Meeting and talking to customers
Working holidays
Bedrijfscultuur
People are fine but Management can be all over the place
Support (huidige medewerker) –  Fairlawn, OH19 oktober 2018
Macy's likes to think that taking away resources (employees, hours, positions, money, benefits) and then adding a heavier work load on to those who remain will some how let them compete with online retailers. This, as you can imagine, is not the case.

There is a vast disconnect between corporate and day to day store operations to the point where the district team members feel comfortable with reminding receiving works that they are replaceable frequently.

If you're a sales associate you can expect to be the only one on the sales floor for several departments with frequent calls to your manager to help you out with long lines because the company constantly cuts positions and people while still boasting about their hiring numbers.

As a support associate you can expect to be doing floor moves constantly as decisions are made, executed and then changed and executed again over and over again and then be reprimanded for not accomplishing the rest of your workload on top of the added moves.

There is no communication between the different layers of management and departments. Managers will discuss problems with performance with everyone BUT the employee in question leading to a constant state of uncertainty. There is massive and vague overlap between positions leading to wasted time as tasks are shifted around between various departments.

The amount of paper waste that stems from this is grotesque. Reams of printer paper and ink are wasted as their outdated systems of sales promotion are mismanaged and mishandled. Constantly changing floor layouts are printed and
  meer... discarded within the same work day.

You can expect well meaning people to be disingenuous with you about everything because no one wants to say what they mean or what needs to be said. Every conversation with a supervisor will be wrapped and coded in the vague language of corporate niceties and empty reassurances. Those who chose to cut through this culture obscuring language swiftly find they're better off at a different job.

You can expect to be promoted into a position and not be trained for it or receive any real compensation for the newly added responsibilities. The fact that you were not properly trained will never be addressed even if you specifically ask to be retrained so as to better fill the position. Titles and positions will be cut or suddenly be made 'seasonal only' with pay increases and benefits ending just as swiftly and yet you will still be held responsible for all the responsibilities of the position or title you technically no longer have.

Problems that are out of your control such as improper data entry used for signage will not be addressed at the source and instead fall to you to find a work around or fix for. If one can not be found then it is you who will be disciplined.

You will be asked to have open availability but your schedule will be subject to change right up to the day before it takes effect leading to frequent canceled appointments and no chance at having a life outside of work. You will hear an endless barrage of empty meaningless slogans parroted by district and regional supervisors even as they remind you how replaceable you are to the company. Scheduled four hour days will turn into six to eight hour days as mismanagement of time and an utter lack of planning wreck havoc on day to day operations.

You will be asked to stay later or come in earlier regardless of how much you've already worked that week or how few days off you have. Conversely, you will find your hours cut drastically midweek or mid shift as management scrambles to fix over scheduling issues because corporate has slashed their budget of available hours to ribbons. Everyone should expect some bust and boom within retail due to it's seasonal shifting. However, not knowing until five minutes before you are either sent home or asked to stay is plainly irresponsible.

You will non-verbally be asked or expected to work through 'optional break' times even on seven hour shifts and lunch breaks are unpaid so even if you are on location for nine hours or more you will still be required to clock out for an hour of that time.

Even though most employees are pleasant and understanding or even feeling as angered and frustrated as you might be about any of the above given reason it will not matter. The company will continue to grind you and all your co workers into the ground with an ever shift nightmare of poor decisions, mismanagement, unrealistic expectations and overwhelming apathy to anything that is not increasing their bottomline.

Just save yourself the trouble and stress by working somewhere else or only as a seasonal associate. Anything else is more than this company deserves.
  minder
Minpunten
Your empathy and human decency will be used against you.
Fun Competitive Atmosphere
Loss Prevention Detective (voormalige medewerker) –  Metairie, LA19 oktober 2018
As a loss prevention detective I was responsible for the security and safety of the business as well as all employees. My main objective was to covertly monitor shoppers, employees, and aid Macy's in thwarting theft, while treating all suspects with respect and diplomacy. I was responsible for apprehending all shoplifters as well as employees who were guilty of theft. I also monitored and maintained surveillance cameras and documented footage to be submitted with police reports. Additionally, I was required to access and secure the facility, maintain store safety, enforce company rules, monitor inventory, and train floor employees in spotting shoplifters.
Pluspunten
Great discounts at all affilated stores as well as Macy's
Minpunten
The pay is not a livable wage
3,0
Multicultural Place to work
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL19 oktober 2018
At the beginning working here was OK, a typical day was greeting customers, inviting them to the bay I worked in and having them try my product, explain the benefits, tell them how becoming a client is beneficial, then ringing up the sale, and following up with them,in a few weeks when its convenient for them, if they wanted something else from another dept, walk them to it and introduce the associate there who could help, I would return to my area where if I didn't have a customer or client, I had other responsibilities to take care of. It was very peaceful back then, only had to worry about my area, if someone needed help, close by to where my counter was, find some one who could help them, or I would do so my self. I learned a lot about skincare products and fragrances then cosmetics, how to sell them and apply them to the customer or client. The Management has been intermittent over the years, I worked with the best and the worst ever. The workplace culture was the best part, you meet associates from different countries, and religions.It is a Multicultural Place, this and the flexibility of the schedule(even though you work holidays,very normal in retail) was what stood out the most as a Company. The hardest part of this job for me was dealing with the pressure of sales being that now Online Sales, and the most recent program of Buy Online and pick up in store is another option customers have to shop and this does not give the associate any credit or commission, along with a few years ago they added to work the evening and night of Thanksgiving Day, a Holiday that no one  meer... should work.  minder
Flexible Schedule, and Multicultural Environment
Sales and Credit Pressure, some Dept. Area Management
Good work environment
SALES SUPERVISOR (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL19 oktober 2018
Good people and environment. Customer service was always first. Very helpful staff throughout the store, willing to make sure that the customers get the best shopping experiences.
Flexible schedule
No advancements
Bedrijfscultuur
Great working environment for retail
Replenishment (voormalige medewerker) –  Steubenville, OH19 oktober 2018
Great working environment for retail, mainly adults, everybody is mature, stay busy, get your work done and you get to grow with the company, friendly coworkers, and working with Macy's was magically especially around Christmas, definitely like no other retail store!
Lunch break, nice environment
Productive and good experience
Line Cook (voormalige medewerker) –  Saugus, MA18 oktober 2018
Very busy and rewarding ! What I learn was. Product knowledge! Online sales. Mngr was very helpful and making my job successful! Most of the people i work with we team up
great place, great discount
Stocker/Receiver (voormalige medewerker) –  Bloomingdale, IL18 oktober 2018
I love working Macy's , but they close the store that I was at. the offer me to stay on after xmas. Next i they were closing the store that i was at. Great job.
Good Place to work
Sales Associate/Cosmetic Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Louisville, KY18 oktober 2018
Good place to work. Opportunities for other jobs. Management listened to suggestions to improve the workplace. Staff worked as a team. Benefits were good.
1,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Unrealistic sales goals on slow days
Sales Associate Responsibilities (voormalige medewerker) –  Boise, ID18 oktober 2018
Expect to have most of your sales returned because Macy's will return anything for a customer including merchandise from other stores. Goals did not make sense. Constantly being pressured to open credit cards for people even thought they didn't want them.
Pluspunten
Get to see discounted merchandise before customers
Minpunten
Need a CC to get employee discount, shifts are not guaranteed, corporate created 3 hour shifts to decrease benefit payout, no advancement
Unproductive
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Bronx, NY18 oktober 2018
Does not equip associates with tools to better service to the consumer. flexible hours depending on availability denoted by the system. Unrealistic work goals.
Fun
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Antioch, CA18 oktober 2018
This was a very exciting job. I love the customers i helped. Loved the fan system where i can be customers stylist. Was very excited with being in the department i shop in. Learned more about the history of the store than i thought existed. Overall good experience. Nice and supportive supervisor best one yet.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Fun work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, OH18 oktober 2018
Fun work environment

Room for advancement

Great customers

Good co workers

Weekly pay
Room for advancement
Long hours during holidays
Bedrijfscultuur
Nice and fast paced work enviroment
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 9173918 oktober 2018
It is a great experience working there with the coworkers and the managers. It is great to work there especially it being my very first job. On a day to day basis it depends, during the season and on the weekends it picks up a lot. I learned how to be an polite associate and how to communicate to customers the appropriate way. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know what the customer is buying their clothes, appliances, or home decorations for.
Retail on the floor
Retail/Sales/Stocking (voormalige medewerker) –  Yonkers, NY18 oktober 2018
Retail on the floor filling up then stocking the merchandise back in the stock room I would switch around the floor I worked the men’s section in both stores
macys
Department Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Alexandria, VA18 oktober 2018
Working at Macys was not a pleasant experience at all. Low pay and extended hours. Management was not team oriented and the environment that they provided was not a positive place to work in.
unhealthy work enviornment
Bedrijfscultuur
If you like retail, fashion this is a great start
Cashier/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Cheektowaga, NY18 oktober 2018
Macys has a very busy atmosphere daily. As the holidays come around prepare for lots of customer interaction. You are required to offer every customer the opportunity to apply for store credit line.
Pluspunten
store discounts, opportunities to see new merchandise first
Minpunten
On weekends public transportation was not always available if there was an extened closing time
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work for part-time or extra income.
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Philadelphia, PA18 oktober 2018
Macy's is a great place to work on a part-time basis when needed, I don't mind working here but it is very stressful on my health standing for long periods of time. I am looking for a Clerical position with very little standing and at least maybe a place of education or legal.
Customer Interaction
Minpunten
Standing for long periods of time.
3,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun and outgoing work enviorment
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Las vegas nv17 oktober 2018
A tipical day ay work at macys is all about helping costumers in need of help and ckecking clothing racks, making sure eveythung is in line and looks neat for the next day.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Macy's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag