Macy's Reviews

Alle 20.328 reviews worden getoond
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and great place to work at.
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Albuquerque, NM16 december 2017
A typical work day at Macy's was usually fasted paced and very busy. I learned how to use the cash registers, how to interact with customers, I learned a lot of the jewelry sold there, and how to size watches. Management was great, always helped in tough situations. The workplace culture was very friendly and nice everyone helped each other out. The hardest part was having the same lunch break as my other coworkers and having to wait 1-2 hours later than scheduled to eat. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with great people.
Pluspunten
Worked well with scheduling.
Minpunten
Lunch breaks were scheduled at the same time as others, which made us have lunch breaks later than planned.
Competitive
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  West Covina, CA16 december 2017
Working at Macys I found it to be stressful for me because I personally do not like sales. It is a very competitive environment where you constantly have to meet your sales goal every day.
Competive
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA16 december 2017
I like working at macys furniture dept. Although it was supposed to be for the Christmas season in 2011 I was asked to stay on indefinitely in which I have grown to like it. But the time has come that our store was closed down and I was not able to relocate to another position.
Pluspunten
great discount and worked as needed
N/A
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun great first job especially for college students
Bridal Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Evansville, IN16 december 2017
Can be a little hectic but overall good place to work had great co-workers got along well with them all. My manager was very understanding easy to work for.
Pluspunten
Paid time off, flexible schedule
Bedrijfscultuur
overall experience is learning and fun
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Denver, CO16 december 2017
my time is macys was fun and i learned a lot from my elder co-workers. it was a great time to communicate with new people with almost every culture and language, i feel excited around them. customers with different regions teaches u so many new things,and that's fun . i like customer service field because its not work for me ,i enjoy my life.
Pluspunten
fun, friends, discipline, good manager
Minpunten
no growth, not much opportunities
Retail
Loss Prevention Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Dallas, TX16 december 2017
It's the normal retail experience, especially around the holidays. Expect long extended hours and very busy work days. The fulltime benefits are good.
Productive and fast paced
Sales (huidige medewerker) –  Tigard, OR16 december 2017
Fun environment to be at. Lots of management skills learned. It is usually very busy on the weekends. Hardest part of working at Macy's was dealing with cranky people.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Stamford, CT15 december 2017
i like working in macys because i learned a lot of thing
it was a good experiance
i meet new people
the most enjoyable part of the job was how we talk with costumer
Bedrijfscultuur
Competitive and stressful working environment
Sales (voormalige medewerker) –  Ann Arbor, MI15 december 2017
First day, fresh out of training, was a Sale's Day on the weekend and it was terrible method to force new hires into the fast pace, cut throat workplace culture.
Always open positions
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Charleston, WV15 december 2017
Pros
Great discounts. Friendly associates. Opportunity to advance. Great managers. Earn rewards daily. Staff get-togethers during hours for lunches/dinners. Learned the tools I need to pursue retail else where.

Cons
Too slow paced for what I am used to. Parking fees for the mall are $35-$45 monthly working 5-6 days a week. Max of 32 hours/week in my department. Draw commission for my department was disappointing.
Spoty hours
Support Staff (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX15 december 2017
I worked as support staff and while the job itself was great, the hours were horrible. I never knew when I'd be working and it was quite frustrating. The managers I did have were great and they'd reward our hard work from time to time.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY15 december 2017
Was always busy and everyday competition. The experience was great and you were able to get a 20% discount on purchases. Overall, it was an interesting experience.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very active and fast paced
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Montclair, CA15 december 2017
This position is fun and very fast paced. Extremely busy during the holidays and can be a bit stressful. You get to meet so many wonderful customers and the discounts are nice
a day a macys
Sorter operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Stone Mountain, GA15 december 2017
a day at work at Macy's will be a team meeting before you start working at the team meeting you will get your assignments for the and the goal of the day. after the meeting you will go to your truck and start loading it and sorting out the misorts.
dicounts
short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced during the holiday season
Part-time associate for Fine Jewelry (voormalige medewerker) –  Albany, NY15 december 2017
Working at Macy's is fast paced during the holiday season but very slow afterwards. The starting salary was low at $9 an hour with a 1% commission but if you sell a lot of jewelry you can make decent money. A bonus to working at Macy's is the employee discount and hours.
fun atmosphere
Mens INC specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Cheektowaga, NY15 december 2017
i enjoyed working here and had no intentions of leaving until i was offered another job promising better pay. the co workers and management were excellent
Bedrijfscultuur
up to date with the times
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  King of Prussia, PA15 december 2017
i have no complaints , i enjoyed working there. good environment,task oriented . good management, like working with the merchandise , enjoy the customer experiences .
Bedrijfscultuur
H r dept is miss managed
cashier/ sales (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY15 december 2017
A great place to sell because gets a lot of traffic. However management is protective of union employees, and there are to many managers and not enough good salesmen. Human resources is hiring for diversity, not for talented salesmen or saleswomen.
A DESTINATION POINT FOR TRAVLERS
TO MANY CHIEFS, NOT ENOUGH INDIANS
Fun
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Casper, WY15 december 2017
This was a fun job to work at. This is a place you would want to work if you just want to enjoy having a job. Not a place to work if you have actual bills and depend on the money.
Pluspunten
Fun customers and other employees
Minpunten
Not paid enough for what is required
working at macys
Sells Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Springfield, PA15 december 2017
working at Macy's was different than I expected. It wasn't the worst job ever, but the management could be better. for example when you are scheduled for a break and call to be relieved the managers act like you're a pain in the neck...

Algehele waardering