Macy's Reviews

Alle 27.026 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Poor work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Modesto, CA14 november 2018
I would not recommend working at Macy's. The worst example of management applying "Lead by Example", that I have experienced in my 30 year work history. This is NOT a team environment. They are only interested in advancing themselves and never give credit where credit is due. Lack of respect for the employee's and the employee's are expected to perform "miracles" within their job assignment's when the proper tools are not given.
Fairly Normal Part Time Job
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Vernon Hills, IL14 november 2018
Business was always slow; however we were expected to sell credit cards to every client.
Poorly Stocked
Co-workers were mostly kind and enjoyable to work with
Always was given my break
Management was kind, but slightly discombobulated
Minpunten
Low business with too high of an expectation
fun staff
Fine Jewelry Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Minneapolis, MN14 november 2018
Macy's is all about the numbers. Staff is all about relationships.
There's always something to do. It's intensely social. Smiling is a big part of this job. I'm extremely detail oriented and used this skill as Macy's Fine Jewelry Clerical daily. Macy's does fine jewelry audits 2 x a day, and a deep audit once a month. The audit scores were always in the upper 90s under my watch.
flexible schedule
Minpunten
long hours on your feet, low pay
each day
Customer Service and cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Orlando, FL14 november 2018
what i learn as any company ive work is all about team work listen what what they have to say to better my job what number that we need to accomplish each week . to better assist my customer.
A fun place to work at
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Bellevue, WA14 november 2018
Flexible hours and timings. You got to pick your own time and day. Get to know different people coming from different background, overall a well mixed culture environment. 15 min breaks twice in a 6 hour shift. The only hardest thing of the job is to maintain good credits, you take one off and it takes whole 2 weeks to earn that credit back.
Corporate company.
Visual Merchandiser for Dockers (voormalige medewerker) –  Bellevue, WA13 november 2018
What you would expect from a big American Corporate company. Run mainly by statistic and numbers from the managers, =widespread slave whip mentality.
HR Coordinator III/Trainer (huidige medewerker) –  Joppa, MD13 november 2018
Macys is a great company. However, the building needs to be remodeled and thoroughly cleaned. Most of the employees have lost the fire and passion needed to push this company.
I believe that Macys would be a great place to work at if the atomsphere was inviting, clean and friendly.
Macys as a whole really should evaluate the compensation of their employees. Offer better benefits and do better with customer service training.
I really hope this company will do better in the near future.
Work/life balance
Dirtiness of the warehouse
Very easy to handle
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL13 november 2018
I didn't have any problems working at macy's but, it's management is a little disorganized. It was very flexible when it came to working hours. and vry good when it came to discounts.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA13 november 2018
Fun place work to start a new job. Work flexibility works well with school schedule. Hardest part of the job is working thanksgiving. other than that apply
Temporary work
Support Staff (voormalige medewerker) –  Pembroke Pines, FL13 november 2018
I understand companies are different how they do things but I thought Macy's would be more advanced in their technology, and other practices...
I think that overall, it was a practical experience...
Discounts...
Minpunten
Recieving areas could be larger...
Bedrijfscultuur
Overall
Macy's Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Nanuet, NY13 november 2018
Overall i feel That Macy’s is a great workin place, it’s very comfortable to work at because of how flexible the hours can be. Not only that but the staff is very helpful.
Pluspunten
Break room, learn different things
Not a lot of shifts
fun place to work
Part Time Sales Associate, Men's Shoes (voormalige medewerker) –  Cherry Hill, NJ13 november 2018
i was only part time sales associate and i can not form any opinion on Macys as a whole. I only worked 15 hours a week. i was heppy with the time i was working at MACYS. Pay is just minimum wage.
Seasonal Job
Retail, Cashier, Fine Jewelry Department (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV13 november 2018
I was a cashier in the jewelry department. Cased out customers with a credit card debit card check or cash. Guide them to see what piece of jewelry will be the best.
discounts
not full time
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Glendale, CA13 november 2018
connection between customer and sales associate is great. they are asking for help and a sales associate is always ready to help them in every situation
Stressful & unfair work environment
Cosmetics Counter Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Downey, CA13 november 2018
Early on I really enjoyed my job until employees and other managers around me gave me the rundown. They told me sales managers never appreciate their efforts and were treated unfairly. Soon I witnessed myself that sales managers work against you not for you. They are very unprofessional and have their favorites. You are constantly pushed to open up credits and looked down upon when not opening enough. They are very strict when it comes to taking days off. I would schedule unavailable days and they would still schedule me and make it nearly impossible for someone to cover the shift. They claimed they couldn't make any exceptions when it came to scheduling, but would do it for their favorites. Didn't feel comfortable bringing up issues to my own manager. I enjoyed what I did there but management there and other negative employees would have me drive home in tears. Not to mention pay was not enough for everything that was demanded of this position.
Schedule is flexible
Stressful, unfair
Review
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Wellington, FL13 november 2018
They don't allow enough flexibility at work especially for students. Co-workers are very mean because it is a commission pay an everyone is on each other's throats.
Great clientele
Retail Sales/Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Boise, ID13 november 2018
I was disappointed when this store closed after such a short time there. Being groomed for management training after just a couple of months was flattering, but it brought out the resentment of a few long term but "unsuitable for management" coworkers. However, management was aware and handling the conflict proactively. The clientele in the downtown store was high-end, discriminating, loyal and very pleasant to serve. When corporate closed this very successful historic location in need of major renovation, I chose to return to college at Boise State, rather than relocate to the new under performing outlying store in Nampa, Idaho where the ranks of management were full.
Great management and clientele
Closure of store
Nice place to work
Digital Designer (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY13 november 2018
Macy's is a very nice place to work at. The co-workers are very nice and warm people. The company takes care of employees very well. Overall it is a very good experience.
Na
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Macon, GA13 november 2018
work for the company only six months after being laid off. the company nation wide did a cutback. I was told that all part time position was going away
Nice place to work at.
Fulfillment Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC13 november 2018
Everything was great there if I can go back I will I was a seasonal worker I would refer anyone who is looking for a retail job I prefer Macy's the Staff was excellent
Discounts
Can become permanat
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Macy's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag