Macy's Reviews

Alle 26.759 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Wasn't a bad place to work, but benefits were not very good and poor communication.
Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV16 oktober 2018
The hardest part of working at Macys Fulfilment Center is going from about a thousand employees to about 4,000 employees in November and December. We also had buses of people we would bring in from other cities, one of which was an hour and a half away. It was very chaotic, but also exciting. The best part was all the wonderful people you get to meet from all different walks of life. Macys does an excellent job of staffing its centers with a very diversified pool of people. Some days were a lot of fun, and others like cyber Monday, you didn't think they were ever going to end. In the end, it was solid employment and good work experience.
Macys
Sales Associate and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Downtown Crossing, MA16 oktober 2018
This place personally didn't work out for me. At the time the direction i was taking my life and the stress and lack of support and benefits didn't help the situation at all. This place is ideal for younger kids getting their feet wet or in school.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Frederick, MD16 oktober 2018
Great place to work! It was very flexible when I would be able to change my schedule through the computer instead of asking each person. Everyone was so friendly.
Don't do it
Sales associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, ohio15 oktober 2018
Very low pay for the amount of work they expect you to do. Poor management. Absolutely no work/life balance, It's all work and no life. They have you working literally 8 days in a row, while asking you to stay late, come in early and to come in on your one off day a week.
They expect WAY too much from their employees while paying them like dirt.
discounts, "macy's money"
Minpunten
work/life balance, management, low pay
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Productive and fun place to work.
Beddings and Housewares' Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA15 oktober 2018
I truly enjoyed interacting with the customers and asking them how I could help them. I tried to assist customers in my area as best I could. Mind you, some days we were understaffed and I took on the role of having to facilitate both sales floor and cashier.
Pluspunten
I enjoyed the ability to choose our own uniforms as long as we cooperated with the guidelines.
Minpunten
The demand of having to open new accounts were too unrealistic, especially in my department.
Decent Place to work for
ICQA (huidige medewerker) –  Portland, TN15 oktober 2018
Some days are very fast paced and others are very slow. You do get to learn various different job roles. Chance for advancement is there if you are in the right group. I enjoy the people I work with.
It is a job
Flexible Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Framingham, MA15 oktober 2018
I can't say much about working at Macy's, since I only worked a handful of hours per week. What I can say, though, is that I really enjoyed the coworkers I spent my shifts with.
Muliple opportunities
Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Pasadena, CA15 oktober 2018
Alternating schedules of business. Season, days and hours differ. When down time organizational needs take presidents. If fast passed usually sales or orders and shipments are priority.
Pluspunten
Discounts, flexability, usually professional management.
Minpunten
Customer satisfaction even in the face of the most undesirable of circumstances.
Bedrijfscultuur
Macys was ok to work for
Department Store Floor Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ15 oktober 2018
I was a Floor Manager at Macys and it was very hard. I was on my feet at least 6 hours a day. Worked some late hours--out at 11pm. It was difficult because public transportation was used.
Great manager
Minpunten
Long hours, low pay, staff not consistent in working their hours.
Mediocre
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Garden City, NY15 oktober 2018
Worked in the ladies shoes dept; interacting with customers; selling shoes on a straight commission sales basis; in a very competitive environment; and a structured commission scale
LOCATION WAS CLOSE TO HOME
COMMISSOIN STRUCTURE
rude people working
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Northridge, CA15 oktober 2018
I did not enjoy working at macys. All of the people working at the store were really rude to me and would not answer any questions I had. They would tell me that I should have payed attention the first time.
Bedrijfscultuur
The people are great! Overall good experience.
SALES SPECIALIST (voormalige medewerker) –  Kennesaw, GA15 oktober 2018
fast paced environment for sure! The people were great, management especially! Always felt appreciated and as though I was an integral part of the company.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great place to work, but definitely as flaws.
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Savannah, GA15 oktober 2018
Its an overall great place to work if you're in high school or college. If you're a parent of very young kids as I am I wouldn't recommend it unless you have family or friends who is able to watch them because if you're kids get sick then you're out of luck unless you've worked for the company for over a year.
Pluspunten
Flexible scheduling, okay weekly pay if you don't have too many bills.
Minpunten
Doctor excuses do not excuse an absence unless you are able to apply for sick leave.
Macy's
Security Guard (voormalige medewerker) –  Cherry Hill, NJ15 oktober 2018
I did many things at Macy's in cherry hill mall for instance the register was a big part I was apart of. Also stocking and cleaning was something I did as well, Macy's management was very great and well professional. The techniques I learned were working on a register, great customer series, and a better approach at setting up big loads of merchandise goods. The hardest part at the job was working on the register because it was a seasonal job and it was on a Christmas holiday. So it was very frustrating and overwhelming but I got the job done and learned from every mistake. The most enjoyable part of Macy's was the feeling and energy of the people in the mall because it just felt like everybody was in the Christmas spirit.
Bedrijfscultuur
Should have had a better customer focus
Sales Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  College Station, TX15 oktober 2018
At the time I worked there , the scheduling was not one that I felt was focused on meeting the needs of the customer.The Store Manager was awesome ,she had a lot on her plate, and needed a more supportive staff.The most enjoyable part of the day was working with guests and celebrating the wins. The supportive office staff was amazing. Merchandising staff was always short handed and so as a Sales Manager would often find myself doing floor sets.
Bedrijfscultuur
You learn new things but is really not an organized work of space because you have to help everyone do what they have to do.
Receiving Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Yonkers, NY14 oktober 2018
They need to pay more for certain positions for example receiving because they do the most and always helping the other associate with their task apart from them having their own. for example me, I ave to help different teams on wha they have to do because they wanna be lazy and ask the manager so he sends us and is not fair at all. Especially for that pay rate
Bedrijfscultuur
It was a good work environment
Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Yonkers, NY14 oktober 2018
It was a great environment to work in. The staff was nice and helpful. We often got food brought in to celebrate how hard we worked and for reaching quotas. I like how every morning there is a staff meeting and workers are recognized for their hard work.
Enjoyable
Fashion fair cosmetic consultant and manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Niles, OH14 oktober 2018
My typical day consisted of keeping my work area clean and stocked with product. Cross selling, friendly smiles and excellent customer service were very important tools of the job. The atmosphere was of a friendly competitive nature with my co-workers.
Pluspunten
Discounts. Interaction with the shopping public.
Long holiday hours
Decent job
SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Pembroke Pines, FL14 oktober 2018
It was an alright job. I mostly had to keep up with the many trucks coming in. Though recently they literally put me as the weekend guy even after the manger saying I wouldn't be doing it all the time.
it pays
People
Fun
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO14 oktober 2018
Macy's is a great place for College students. Macy's is very relaxed but is also fast paced. A typical day you'll spend keeping your area neat, while assisting customers with there purchases.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Macy's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag