Macy's Reviews

Alle 20.322 reviews worden getoond
Good Student Job
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Arlington, VA13 december 2017
It's your typical retail job just with a bit more magic involved. Macy's gave a 20% discount to all employees and even offers a credit card with $50 limit! Loved Macy's can't complain.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fast paced, lots of demands on your time, meet great people.
Sales Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, OH13 december 2017
I really enjoyed working at Macy's and was disheartened when sales manager positions were cut. If not, I would still be there. The fast pace was great. With staffing cuts it was frustrating to all associates that more was expected from less staff. You have the opportunity to develop great relationships with coworkers and customers.
Pluspunten
Working with great people and great customers.
Minpunten
So much work is expected from so few people.
great first job
Seasonal Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Kennewick, WA13 december 2017
Great first job. very laid back environment where if you want low stress or more advancement in your career you are able to chose so. great break room with fun holiday parties.
The environmental is great
Starbucks Barista (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago Il12 december 2017
It's very busy and you will have to be able to catch on quick and multi task because it's a lot of things that one person is assigned to and it can get a little hard but you have to always maintain.
Okay
Seasonal Worker (voormalige medewerker) –  Cerritos, CA 9070112 december 2017
I didn't really like working here. I felt like I wasn't given any opportunity for growth. They make you work long shifts and not a long enough break. Workers are competitive and not very nice.
Bedrijfscultuur
Friendly colleagues, but poor management
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Skokie, IL12 december 2017
Some hard working people are there. There is always few registers open which brings complains.shipping is not properly packed as things break and damage during shipping.
Bedrijfscultuur
easy going relaxed work place.
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA12 december 2017
i think macys is a great job for anyone looking to work retail. there are so many different areas to work in you can learn and benefit from them all.
Great
Sales Support (voormalige medewerker) –  Lihue, HI12 december 2017
This job was amazing for me, but at the same time very stressful considering that I was working seasonal and only on call. Other than that, mostly everyone was welcoming and really helped me learn my tasks quickly. The managers were super friendly. I'd say the hardest part of the job was having to learn to do many different things at once. But at the same time I enjoyed every second of it. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a part-time/full-time job instead of seasonal!
A Great First Time Role for Retail
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Friendswood, TX12 december 2017
When I was working at Macy's from 2015-2016, I was initially hired as a seasonal worker and stayed on a regular part time employee. During the couple of months that I worked there, I had no complaints about my specific position and I was pleasantly surprised about the camaraderie among myself and my co workers.
Bedrijfscultuur
Depends on where you are
Accountant (voormalige medewerker) –  Cincinnati, OH12 december 2017
Accounting department's culture is not at all conducive to promoting diversity and inclusion. No real chances of advancement or empowerment for blacks, particularly black women.
Discount
Minpunten
Retail: high prices, low quality; corporate: racism, mismanagment, exclusive leadership
Great retail job
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY12 december 2017
I started in the clothing department and advanced to the Jewelry department. I absolutely loved my managers and coworkers. No day was the same. It was either super slow and you couldn't wait to go home. Or the day was so fast-paced that you didn't realize it was time for you to go home. I was very sad to leave but it was such a rewarding experience.
Short breaks
Awsome place
SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Washington, DC12 december 2017
Nice place to work in terms of staff and atmosphere. I got a lot of cash handling experience. The other thing I loved, they had union. The managers also helped you to better sales associates.
Bedrijfscultuur
Poorly managed and poorly tained associates
Sales (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY12 december 2017
Working here has been the least gratifying of any job I've ever held. Most of the managers don't approach associates with proper respect and warmth. The company doesn't properly train to optimally help customers, which only stifles the greaating-to-transaction process.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun place to work but to much pressure to open new charge accounts
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Francisco, CA12 december 2017
The Macy's that worked for was a union Macy's and you needed to join the union in order to work there. I was working on a base plus commission, which at first seemed great, but if a product was returned anytime in 6 months we would have to pay the commission back to Macy's which, at times, created problems.
I sold diamonds, fine jewelry and watches which created a fun pace environment but also very competitive and cut throat at times.But if you ask me if i would do it again, the answer would be yes.
Pluspunten
flexible working hours, great people to work with.
Minpunten
how your commission was paid or deducted and the pressure to open new accounts.
it was productive
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Queens, NY12 december 2017
putting alarms on clothing
striping plastic
assisting guest in the shoes department
replenish shoes
building quality customer relationships
deliver a clean, easy, neat to shop customer store environment
typical work day
Retail Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, DE12 december 2017
it was busy and productive. At times it was a lot of stress working with the customers but overall enjoyed my fellow co workers. The pay rate should have been more.
Typical day at work
Hostess (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL12 december 2017
a typical day at work could get hectic in that i would work until it was time for my shift to be over, yet i would be asked to stay longer or was not allowed to leave until the person taking my shift came. there would be times they didn't and i was not able to take my 15 minute or 30 minute break.
discounts
Minpunten
no breaks, made to stay longer
productive work place
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Detroit, MI12 december 2017
i really enjoyed working for this company,i met alot of different people the experience was very nice,learning about the new purfoms coming out they had a great discount for employeees.
Mediocre
Team Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA11 december 2017
Working here is a fantastic way to gain some work experience. It teaches you a lot about customer service, cash handling, and team work. If you do great, and have the right people on your side, you'll see somewhat of a future.
Interesting
Signature Customer Care Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ11 december 2017
Not a place to return to the managers are not there to support the staff if they are individuals and they require the same from everyone without question

Algehele waardering