Macy's Reviews

Alle 20.322 reviews worden getoond
Fun place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX11 december 2017
Opened your register, checked to see items on sale, became familiar with products. Communicated with other Sales Associates regarding items to sell. Held monthly meetings. Boosting sales. Working on the counter to be presentable to customers. Made cold calls and follow-up calls to return customers. Received gratis from Lancome for selling so many products. I enjoyed selling to customers, talking with them about their skin care and types of products to use. It was fun work.
Pluspunten
Working with the customers.
Short breaks.
great work place
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Decatur, GA11 december 2017
Macy's has the best job environment to work in. It's not hectic & not too relaxed. Great associates and customers. A typical day would be to greet customers happily & kind.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
na
Cosmetic SALES ASSOCIATE Part time (huidige medewerker) –  Olympia, WA11 december 2017
Poor managers
Hour opportunity.
Lack of training for the position I was hired for.
Hours were cut when holiday season started
No room for advancement
Not What You Expect
Sale Supervisor (voormalige medewerker) –  Dearborn, MI11 december 2017
Company needs to reestablish the past uniform code and do stronger updated training for their managers. Becoming more informal and not having up to date leadership training for managers has had a negative effect on the company.
Paid leave, vacation time
Low staffing, poor management
Flexible hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (huidige medewerker) –  Littleton, CO 8012411 december 2017
I like that it is flexible hours, and we are empowered at work. I don't like that I've been working longer with them and are paid less compared with the newly hired employees. I believed they should review the salaries of the people that worked with them longer and are working great for the good of the company.
Fun
Denver Co- Merchandise and Sales manager (voormalige medewerker) –  denver, cherry creek11 december 2017
Its a cool place to work if your into clothing and fashion. The discounts were nice as well, but its low pay and can be alot of non stop fast pace working.
division was disbanded
Supervisor, Local Broadcast (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY11 december 2017
management had no idea what it was doing. very low paying job, no support and no direction forward. worked hard for little benefit. not worth applying
see above
Bedrijfscultuur
A very nice place to work
Merchandising (huidige medewerker) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL11 december 2017
Working in Merchandising is a great job for anyone looking for their first job. Everyone there is friendly and the hours are flexible. I'd like to mention that I've been there for almost two years now and I don't feel like I'm going anywhere, and as a Fashion student, I would like to move on to something bigger with more learning opportunities.
Bedrijfscultuur
Human Resources Business Partner (huidige medewerker) –  Paramus, NJ11 december 2017
Great place to work with a culture of taking care of your associates and customers. Focus is on talent development and coaching. The most enjoyable part of my job was being needed and making a difference.
Macys Taste bar
Kitchen Crew (voormalige medewerker) –  Miami, FL11 december 2017
Great place to stop and rest after a few hours of shopping this little bar has a great menu where you can get something light to eat. Either a salad or wrap or even a flatbread pizza! Or if food is not your thing, sit back and enough a cappuccino or espresso!
Free Lunch And drinks
management needs help
Merchandiser (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV10 december 2017
management sucked! they need to learn how to communicate better and not talk down to their employees. The managers are so focused on making sure that associates arent standing aroound talking while they're just standing around doing nothing.
Bedrijfscultuur
Non-Productive no advancements due tue favoritism/low pay
Security Guard Professional Experience (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY Union Square10 december 2017
My Review on Macy’s is that they have poor management, do not hear you out or care for your opinion,very Judemental,Unfair and unjust, also the pay was very low.they do not treat you right.
Pluspunten
Paid time off, off days, and discounts
Minpunten
Try to make you work overtime due to lack of employee staff, mangers are not fair and very Judge Mental
Bedrijfscultuur
Good for a temporary job
Woman’s shoes (voormalige medewerker) –  Monterey, CA10 december 2017
If you want just a basic job to generate money Macy’s is great. The one I worked at had poor management in my department and there was a lot of gossiping and cut throat woman. Especially this one lady in Woman’s shoes who’s been working there for 20 years and spends her whole day trying to get people fired for some reason. Very toxic woman would recommend getting rid of her.
Pluspunten
Discounts and a lot of fun
Minpunten
Very low pay and untrustworthy gossiping
Great manager
merchandiser (huidige medewerker) –  New York State10 december 2017
Best manager I've had yet, flexible with scheduling and everyone is kind, managers appreciative of employees, food provided on black Friday
Old buildings and the problems that come with it
Review
Sales Manager (voormalige medewerker) –  West Hartford, CT10 december 2017
excellant work environment.i enjoyed working for Macys but unfortunately beucause of the company downsizing i was laid off.since i was the last hire.Goods place to work.
Life at Macys
Sales Associate/ Jewelry Clerical (voormalige medewerker) –  Illinois10 december 2017
Macys is a great company to work for. Manager really show favoritism and its not okay. Some people work way harder but if you don't sell Macys cards to people you get looked over for advancement.
Bedrijfscultuur
Growing with company however money sucks.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (huidige medewerker) –  Atlanta, GA10 december 2017
Love my job and my co- parts however the pay sucks and management can be pretty fickle. No pay for experience or education. I’m hard working self driven an it was noticed and promoted. However, without properly being convasated or acknowledged. Talent is in minded by not properly stating my position in the company. Holding several titles only paid for one ( the lesser of pay). Thou, my work is of a merchandiser.
Opportunity for growth
No pay raises
Bedrijfscultuur
Cant move up within the company
Packer/Picker (voormalige medewerker) –  Goodyear, AZ10 december 2017
Really hard to move up in the company. But you will get your hours. Its a typical 9-5 job. Management is there to help but its hard to find one when you need them
Great hours
short breaks
Bedrijfscultuur
uplifting environment friendly staff and customers
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA10 december 2017
Macy was my second job and was one of my favorites I mean I loved retail such easy work and everyone was friendly. I honestly just find retail suits me because every other type of job I had I didn't like it
discounts
short breaks
Good place to work for
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Auburn, MA9 december 2017
Good place to work for, flexible hours. Nice management. Great supervisors, except for one evil one. Good place. Flexible schedule. Plenty of breaks. Good discounts
Flexible hours