Macy's Reviews

Alle 25.630 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Good place to work.
Housekeeping Manager (Front of House Operations) (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY13 juli 2018
Macys is a good place to work. Advancement based more on politics than work ethic, but an overall good place to work. Can work comfortably in existing environment.
Bedrijfscultuur
Lenox Mall Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Atlanta North, GA12 juli 2018
Open registers and make sure floor is ready for customers. Flexible schedule which is great. The hardest part is getting credits. The most enjoyable part is the customers, especially when you get the repeat customers who knows you and how you can make their shopping experience enjoyable.
Team environment
Seasonal....wrong time
Security Officer (voormalige medewerker) –  Edison, NJ12 juli 2018
I wish I came in as a fulltime security officer. The pay would have been better. But my main reason for leaving was cause I moved here to Pa before my time to relocate was approved. Then by the time I was ready to work again, I had serious car problems as well as just living too far away to commute. So when they wanted to know when I was comin back, I had no answer for them. So they decided they couldn't hold the position open for me anymore.
Good people
Bad timing
Bedrijfscultuur
Typical warehouse work environment.
Order Picker (voormalige medewerker) –  Martinsburg, WV12 juli 2018
Typical warehouse work environment. During their peak season they do pay more but that is always temporary. The pay is decent for the amount of work but it can be a very boring job.
don't know
Loss Prevention Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Fayetteville, NC12 juli 2018
Not sure what to say, I didn't work there long not enough hours and I have kids to feed. This job maybe good for high school students or someone who doesn't have real responsibilities.
Fun worplace
Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Arcadia, CA12 juli 2018
The day starts with picking the online orders that customers have placed. During the day the associates are required to clean out the fitting rooms and to put the clothes back on the floor
Awful
Associate Staff Support (huidige medewerker) –  Stockton, CA12 juli 2018
Upper Management has no concerns for those under them. Training was slim to none with no one to refer to for ill answered questions which were required to handle the tasks of the position. Very inhospitable place to work.
Bedrijfscultuur
It’s a good place to start off and offers opportunities for growth
Jewelry Ringer, Men's Shoes selling (huidige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL12 juli 2018
Working at Macy’s was a great experience for me. I learned a lot and I know they’ll everything I know today. There’s more to grow in the company as well. The only reason I’m looking for a new job is to pursue what I went to school for and get a job in my field.
Discounts
Hours are not ideal
Bedrijfscultuur
Macy's had sloppy managment with poor solutions to situation
Seasonal Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Holyoke, MA12 juli 2018
A typical day at work would begin with all of the cashiers meeting together and trying to figure out who would be doing what that day. When the managers would casually show up several hours later, they would either scold us for not meeting our goals for the day, and would then disappear into his office for several more hours. Low-staffing was a big issues- we never had enough workers at any given moment. Instead of performing just out job, we would also do the work of three of more people. It was stressful and the management did not manage well, They received the praise from the GM when the cashiers who got paid minimum raise received nothing.
Pluspunten
Discount. I worked really well with some co-workers
Minpunten
I was never given more than a few hours of training in a particular area, and was left on my own to figure it out.
Diverse and Friendly Atmosphere
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Phoenix, AZ12 juli 2018
A typical work day would be 85% of the schedule you requested. Management was on top of most things but since it was retail they were always in demand with their various departments. The work culture was positive and very helpful. I would state the hardest part of the job was the "customer is always right" and they knew that even if they were wrong that a majority of the time they still would play that card. Most enjoyable, being able to help customers with their shopping needs.
Environment, Consistentcy
Minpunten
Scheduling could be better organized
Unhappy place
Sales Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Happy Valley, OR12 juli 2018
This was not a a good experience. There is zero support from the store manager or assistant manager. They do not seem like they are on the same page at all and they put unneeded stress on everyone because they do not help out on the floor at all.
People
Everything else
customer service expert
HOME DIRECT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (voormalige medewerker) –  Bridgeton, MO12 juli 2018
I loved my job at the call center. There was room for advancement, raises, lots of company activities. The distance was a little far, but I worked 12:30pm-9:00pm so, the traffic was mild. Very understand managers, for the most part. The hardest part of the job was learning the products that we sold.
Good raises
Distance
low pay
Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Chicago, IL12 juli 2018
i was only there for the holiday season. it had very low pay and the management is rude. they sit around all day and chat. this was he worst place that i ever worked at.
Fun
Seasonal Sales Associate/Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Tysons Corner, VA12 juli 2018
I was temporary, But my experience was good. Management is one top of its game at the location I was in and it was very organized which I loved. Its very clean and everyone who works there is like a family and they will really take care of you.
Discounts, free items
Temporary
Nice Company
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Annapolis, MD12 juli 2018
I learned customer service skills from this company. The managers were always able to help if a problem arose. The monthly birthday parties for the employees made everyone feel special. I enjoyed working with other associates and learning about where they came from
great place to work at
Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Burbank, CA12 juli 2018
This was my first job out of high school. I started as an on-call, then secured my position as part time, then eventually full time. I had a lot of fun working here not only because my location was in the cosmetics department, but I loved selling new products to all ages.
Good place to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (voormalige medewerker) –  Mission Viejo, CA11 juli 2018
It is definitely a good place to work park-time if you are in college, and you will meet friendly people and managers. Macy’s is a nice place and offered me discounts at the store.
layed off
Fine Jewelry Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Macon, GA11 juli 2018
Was given the opportunity to reapply with Macy's for my job when the contract with Finlay ended, but I didn't reapply. I enjoyed working there and the customers were so gracious. I still miss it.
Bedrijfscultuur
Fun energetic place to work
Visual Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Newport Beach, CA11 juli 2018
Fun place to work but expect loooong hours during holidays. Corp staff does discriminate and very unproffessional. if you can stay out ogf there radar it is actually a fun place to work.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Job
Package Handler (huidige medewerker) –  Joppa, MD11 juli 2018
They run picking terribly. No rf guns to scan and it's very stressful. I work in replenishment and we have to document and count every single unit ourselves.
Nice bosses
Dirty, dusty, un organized
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Macy's. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag