Reviews voor Retail Sales Associate bij Macy's

991 reviews gevonden voor deze zoekopdracht
Always open positions
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Charleston, WV15 december 2017
Pros
Great discounts. Friendly associates. Opportunity to advance. Great managers. Earn rewards daily. Staff get-togethers during hours for lunches/dinners. Learned the tools I need to pursue retail else where.

Cons
Too slow paced for what I am used to. Parking fees for the mall are $35-$45 monthly working 5-6 days a week. Max of 32 hours/week in my department. Draw commission for my department was disappointing.
A Great First Time Role for Retail
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Friendswood, TX12 december 2017
When I was working at Macy's from 2015-2016, I was initially hired as a seasonal worker and stayed on a regular part time employee. During the couple of months that I worked there, I had no complaints about my specific position and I was pleasantly surprised about the camaraderie among myself and my co workers.
typical work day
Retail Clerk (voormalige medewerker) –  Newark, DE12 december 2017
it was busy and productive. At times it was a lot of stress working with the customers but overall enjoyed my fellow co workers. The pay rate should have been more.
Prefer not to
Retail Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  standford, ca8 december 2017
Prefer not to give review. Go ask others. Is it necessary? Is this part of how one is judged whether good employee or potential bad employee? Best of luck
job at macys
Cashier/Floor Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  San Diego, CA8 december 2017
great place to work at. great people. would work there again. pay was alright i was just an associate so it was good pay. working holiday season is the best because they treat you like family.
Bedrijfscultuur
Can be a fun place to work with right Management
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Sacramento, CA7 december 2017
I worked at Macy's for about 2 years in different departments, so I was able to understand and learn certain things with each department. Working there was fun, and I met some great people, but some of the management there was not the best. They would demean you or just lie to get you to do something and take advantage of a young person's naivety. But some managers were amazing. Very kind and helpful without demeaning you, I'll miss those managers the most. I think the hardest part of the job is trying to deal with coworker competition or an unruly customer, but overall I had a good experience at Macy's.
Pluspunten
Fast paced, job advancement, commission.
Minpunten
not enough hours, no benefits, iffy managment
Better Pay
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Middletown, NY7 december 2017
A typical day would be getting report in the morning, getting prepared for the customers to come in. You had some managers that were nice and easy to work for and some that needed a communication class. The hardest part was the excessive amount of hours you had to stand. The best part of Macy's was the percentage of we got when we purchase something. The enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Percentage off our purchase
Minpunten
Standing for long period of time
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
cu throat
Retail sales associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Williamsville, NY6 december 2017
I suggest not working here. I was over worked and under paid i was threatened by one of my coworkers and they practice favoritism. No employee appreciation, i did have a good manager but its so little he can do when you have a crazy boss.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Seasonal Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Los Angeles, CA2 december 2017
Daily duties consist of reaching sales goals, with bonuses such as commission for going beyond the goals that have been reached. Great relationships were established with customers and fellow employees alike.
Pluspunten
Hour long lunch breaks, discounts, benefits with owning a Macy's card
Long shifts on Black Friday and during the holiday season
Fun Environment
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Glendale, AZ30 november 2017
For a young person this is a fun environment to work in. You get to meet new people and learn from them. Having your pay based off of commission was tough.
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Slow paced environment with fun workers
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Kapolei, HI29 november 2017
Workers are very friendly and kind in a professional matter. The work environment is slow, mostly putting away clothes and organizing. When ringing up customers you have to ask if they want to apply for credit or any organizations affiliated with macy's. Difficult at first but easy to learn.
horrible mangers
Store Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY29 november 2017
loved the macys in flushing. most coworkers were really friendly and helpful. mangers were HORRIBLE. all they did was complained when they actually went on the floor. I was getting paid to sit around talk to coworkers. since the mangers were horrible no one really cared to do anything unless we would hear that they were walking around.
discounts
short breaks
Retail Sales Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Stockton, CA26 november 2017
It's a magical experience. I really enjoy working here, they provide an amazing work experience and atmosphere for both employees and customers. I learned how about the rewards program and its great benefits.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 2Rapporteren
Work life at Macy's
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Troy, MI24 november 2017
I worked at Macy's during the holiday season. Macy's is a fast paced environment, so you have to be on point, at all times. I worked in different departments in the store, so I got a chance to learn new things on a daily basis.
Bedrijfscultuur
Inviting and fun environment.
Retail Sales Representative (voormalige medewerker) –  San Antonio, TX23 november 2017
Comfortable and welcoming work place. Everyone that worked there was extremely friendly and helpful. It was fast-paced and tiredsome but fun. The managers were very patient and tried to train and demonstrate expected tasks and assignments thoroughly but quickly. Some days they scheduled to many of us employees for the same shift and same section / product of the store (ex: 6 ladies all working 5-9pm in the womens handbag section with only one register) , which was very uncomfortable and crowded for the customers as well. We were able to take a few minutes break when we needed it though.
Employee discounts
Not enough hours
Bedrijfscultuur
fun to work but very busy.
RETAIL/SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Warwick, RI22 november 2017
It was a pleasant experience working here everyone was sweet, very professional. I had no issues working there it was just a health issue that occurred during my employment there.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great employee and too many managers telling you what to do
Retail Sales Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Hicksville, NY21 november 2017
I worked at Macys for few years. Loved it at first. Until they changed my hours to nights..Hated working nights. Because of this crazy world I didn't feel safe working at night.And also had to work 10 hours on truck day. Standing for 10 hours was very bad.
Great clothes
Minpunten
Bad management and bad hours and very stressful
Was deze review nuttig?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Macys is a great company to work for.
Retail Truck Processing and Handling Associate (huidige medewerker) –  Columbus, GA20 november 2017
A great company to work for. Working with customers daily and employees. Being able to interact with customers and seeking help with them. Learning new things everyday
fun,relaxing,cool
Retail Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Mentor, OH17 november 2017
the environment at Macys was very cool, and understanding and they pay was well deserved and the customers were very polite and so was the supervisor and the workplace was doable
great co-workers
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Generally easy but inactive job
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (voormalige medewerker) –  Loveland, CO12 november 2017
The tasks to be done are very simple however that made for a boring environment, rarely talking to people that were not customers and often working large areas by yourself.
Was deze review nuttig?JaNee 1Rapporteren