McKinsey & Company

McKinsey & Company Employee Reviews

Belgium10 reviews
5,0
High paced, super-intellectual, up or out
The best company for overachievers who want to prove themselves and be among very smart and driven peers. Exceptionally steep learning curve at the expense of personal life. Ruthlessly meritocratic with a distinct set of formal and informal core values.
Pros
Factory of leaders that think structurally and based on numbers
Cons
No company for family people (exceptions are rare)
Best learning school ever
I have been working almost 20 years in this highly ranked company, the number one in its field on a worldwide basis. I was given a lot of different tasks and had the potential to grow, as the company believes it is important to invest in people and to make sure everyone is not getting stuck in its role. I used to work for senior partners, directors, the associate general counsel (Legal), initiated into the process of recruiting and evaluations. I personally prefer a role that gives me the ability to use my skills that are needed to fulfill as a management assistant where agenda management, handling emails, travel arrangements, etc. are key. Also, using my languages (French, English, German) is something that is important for me. I like variety and was given the possibility to show my skills on the different levels.
Ottima organizzazione
Un'organizzazione che serve all'Italia. Ottimo ambiente.
Pros
orari, capi
Cons
nessuno
Bediende General office support
1992-2014 McKinsey & Company
General Office support

Technisch bediende productie

Gebouwen/kantoor werkzaamheden : herstellingen en plaatsen van kantoor benodigdheden. (Eerste jaren)

Member of the supports staf, visual team en productie, meewerken aan de opmaak van rapporten, studies, evaluaties en eindverslagen.

Later persoonlijke assistent van Office manager (10jaar)

Opbouw van kantoren bij klanten (teamroom), evenementen, seminaries.

Privéchauffeur voor Office manager (verlies van rijbewijs), werd later zijn vertrouwens persoon.

Bij verandering van leiderschap kreeg ik terug een Office support rol.

Een nieuwe rol bij het wagenpark beheer (klein 400 wagens) opvolging ongevallen, analyse van de fleet, onderhandelingen met verhuurfirma’s en leasing, opmaak en aanpassingen van car-policy.
4,0
Great multicultural ambience in big company.
I analyzed data for several projects in order to help the client take decisions to have a better situation in their market regarding their competitors
Pros
Free Lunches
Interesting projects
Full of great people dealing with high level challenges. Hard working environnement but rewarding outcome and career perspective.
Dynamic
Very dynamic environment with high pressure. Intelligent people that are fun to work with. Very good atmosphere if you enjoy working under pressure with responsibility. Significant work.
5,0
L'expérience la plus structurante pour ma carrière
Sans doute la meilleure chose qui me soit arrivée au cours de ma carrière professionnelle. Un apprentissage extrêmement structurant avec énormément d'opportunités de développement et un environnement très agréable.
Agréable expérience
Travail de recherche consistant en l'établissement d'une base de données minière à fin d'établir un pattern d'évaluation future
5,0
Productive and multicultural work place
Productive and interesting position with multicultural colleagues. Soft management climate.
The environment was very calm and everyone was concentrated on the work.
Pros
International environment, free breakfasts, lunches, good climate with the managers.
Cons
workaholic climate