Open Society Foundations Reviews

Alle 34 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
great place to stay
Programs Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY1 april 2019
little opportunity for advancement but lots of perks and great culture. Quite competitive for the upper level jobs which makes for funny dynamics. but you can manage.
Bedrijfscultuur
Excellent place to work!!!
Facilities Coordinator (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY25 februari 2019
was in company for 15 years. many perks to employees which motivates to work hard. very understanding toward personal needs. management motivates to move up the ladder and obtain education which they fully pay for
Pluspunten
free lunch, vacation time, retirement
traveling
Bedrijfscultuur
Great benefits: retirement, free meals, etc
Interim Compensation Manager Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY2 december 2018
I can recommend this company as an excellent place to work. George Soros treats his employees in the highest manner with superior benefits. Also an excellent work location in mid-town NYC.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
Amidst major changes
Sr. AV Support: Global Lead (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY12 juli 2018
Over the last 6 years there have been major leadership transitions. By default, that came with a change in the culture and for some culture shock. The community was accepting of my initiatives to organize in a cross departmental way and engaging people across all the global offices. I can only be thankful for that experience and all the lessons learned along the way.
lunch blog
great
Sr. Technical Agile Coach (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY13 juni 2018
nice place to work, enjoyed the lunches and celebrations for life... people are focused on their work and overall very friendly. Nice work life balance.

However due to their culture not as driven towards results much slower pace.
Pluspunten
free lunches, work life balance
slow pace
Fun place
Sr Project Manager/ Agile Coach - Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY25 mei 2018
Nice people, dedicated to a cause, relaxed but focused, and friendly. Found it to be a good place to be, enjoyed the lunches and coffees, as well as celebration of all things good
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 1Rapporteren
Program Management Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Washington, DC3 mei 2018
High turn around because good employees aren’t valued. Program officers are difficult to work with because they think they know it all. Leaders don’t listen to employees.
Lunch vouchers
Lack of advancement
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3NeeRapporteren
An outstanding experience
Consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Debate teacher, project manager,25 april 2018
Provided adequate support. for me to do my job I worked in Budapest but the main office was in New York. There was support in Budapest as well.
The entire organization worked toward the greater purpose of helping the former Soviet States to operate in an open, democratic society.
Travel, great people
Languages
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Great Grant-Making Experience
Program Associate (Temporary) (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY13 april 2018
Great work environment, with free lunch and lots of socializing! Not a lot of opportunity for promotion, and they are very specific with their skills/experience wanted, which can be a detriment to the organization.
3,0
Difficult to progress
Senior Executive Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  London, Greater London7 maart 2018
Very hard to progress up the ladder.

I started with a new program so was quite disorganised, very little guidance and training,

The management needs improving i.e. appreciating people and helping them progress.

Very friendly people and very quite office, would be ideal for someone looking for comfortable position.
nice people
Extremely long hours
Productive cooperation
Independent researcher & consultant (voormalige medewerker) –  Germany28 februari 2018
I was hired to do a comparative analysis of cotton production in Uzbekistan and in Kazakhstan. As an outcome, I have produced a white paper on Cotton economy in Central Asia.
I was happy to collaborate with Open Society Foundation.
Bedrijfscultuur
Good place to work for a short time
Executive Assistant to Director (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY17 december 2017
Great place and easy to get comfortable. Can be challenging depending on the position but there is very little room for advancement no matter how much managers say there is. This can be frustrating but one can easily work here if there are managed expectations.
Pluspunten
Benefits
Minpunten
Management and Office Culture
Independnat consultant
Independent consultant (huidige medewerker) –  New York, NY25 september 2017
Paid on time and was a pleasure working with the team. I would gladly work with them again and on a full time basis. A great company to work with and great overall.
Work hard
Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Montenegro-Podgorica27 mei 2017
to write reports, negotiate with stakeholders, organize events, make research, write a project proposal, fulfilling administrative and project duties.
Free coffe
Shourt break
Bedrijfscultuur
Great working atmosphere, very interesting network
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Budapest12 januari 2017
The Open Society Foundations remains one of the few pillars of supporting civil rights and Central-Eastern Europe. A great place with highly educated personnel and an important network of grantees, political and civil society leaders.
2,0
Great People
Tech Support Lead, Exchange data migration (voormalige medewerker) –  New York, NY5 januari 2017
Loved it here. Wasn't too crazy about the two women brought in from the debunct Lehman Brothers that currently run the IT department.
Free lunches
None really.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Progressive, Passion, and Productive!
Soros Justice Advocacy Fellow (voormalige medewerker) –  Providence, RI15 november 2016
The Soros Justice Advocacy Fellowship is a program that is a part of Open Society Foundation. It grants individuals that are passionate about their work, vision of change, and active social justice practitioner to take initiative to change the United States with an 18 month project.
Bedrijfscultuur
Open culture full of vibrant co-workers makes the organisation a great place to be
HR Advisor (huidige medewerker) –  UK7 maart 2016
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my urgent task and assessing the progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Monday with my colleagues to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff during the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among the team. Along with constant interaction with my team, I also attend a weekly admin meeting where I present my department’s progress to the department heads. On Fridays, once all these tasks are completed, I make sure I have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week.
Pluspunten
free lunches, healthcare and travel assistance
short breaks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Very intelligent people
HR Generalist (huidige medewerker) –  London20 december 2015
Place full of dedicated, intelligent professionals. Great benefits and fair ages. Challenging jobs. Busy environment
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4NeeRapporteren
Good place to work for
Head, Italy initiative (voormalige medewerker) –  Rome and Tel Aviv19 december 2015
Brings together mostly very committed people, with great ideals, who often produce real and positive change. Overall a great organisation to work for if you are progressive, liberal, committed to human rights, open minded and want to contribute to make the world a better place.
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Open Society Foundations. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag