Ortho Clinical Diagnostics

Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Old boys club

You’ll only succeed if you fit the mold and someone happens to like you; otherwise no advancement or utilization of your full skillset. Bull headed and micro management from far too high up the food chain gets in its own way. Otherwise people are cordial

Pros

Remote capabilities….for now

Cons

Micro upper managers offering superficial support

Productive and helpful atmosphere that has focus on the person

Productive and helpful atmosphere that has focus on the person. Good pay. Management aware of contributions of the individual. Help always a phone call away.

Toxic and poorly managed.

This is a really bad place to work. The expectations are "just do what I say". The company moto: It always worked in the past why should we change. The company saying: Every test is a dollar. Good luck and watch your back.

Pros

Lots of overtime. 35-40%.

Cons

Everything else.

鵜呑みにしてはいけない

成長市場、働く価値、待遇。一見すると、魅力的に見えるが、顧客を獲得、維持するのに、苦労は多い。人の生命に関わる製品だけに、しっかり覚悟をして臨むべき。

Pros

革新的な姿勢。

Cons

苦労が尽きない。

Do yourself a favor and find something else...

You work 12 hours where everything and everybody works against you. Management will hear and agree with you about all the ongoing issues, but will do nothing to resolve any of those issues. The workplace culture is a dog eat dog world. The hardest part of the job is meeting managements high expectation for output on your machine. The only enjoyable part of the job is working talking to other people that hate their job because the company is going downhill in all aspects of the word. Trust me, you can find jobs that pay more for less stress.

Pros

Cons

everything

Great working environment

Everyone here shares the values of the company and it is reflected in how they interact with each other on a daily basis. High-quality work is expected as the patient is always first.

terrible managment

Ive been with the company for over 10 years and it has only gotten worse the work load keeps increasing while the staff is getting shorter they expect us to work 6 to 7 days a week giving up time with our families and the new management team has no idea what they are doing the holidays are coming up and they have full schedules those weeks which means a lot of the staff cant take vacation and they usually don't allow employees to roll over vacation so a lot of people are losing vacation hours overall a terrible place to work and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mass exodus very soon

Pros

bonuses

Cons

management staffing shortages overloaded work schedule failing equipment

Overal Decent place to work with some of the usual challenges

Daily tasks are straightforward; pretty autonomous. I don't hear from my manager unless there is a scheduling issue or if a page goes unanswered. Inventory management takes more time than it should. Since going public there is more pressure for KPIs, but we have less control over them and some are actually conflicting. There is also increased pressure to reduce inventory while at the same time reducing return trips for parts. Culture is much the same as most medium size companies; do your job, get paid, and stay below the radar.

Pros

Company vehicle with gas card, decent time off

Cons

usually have to work through lunch, micromanagement at times

Management seems oblivious to the problems they are facing

They are completely unwilling to acknowledge there is an impending problem (personnel, equipment, scheduling) until it is too late. There is no anticipation or long term planning. The view is so short sided, it may be intentional. It would not surprise me if portions of the Rochester business is simply gone in the next few years.

Good environment

I enjoyed working here. It has its ups and downs. Job security is a big thing. There isn’t much of it. However the culture isn’t too bad. Some people can be very lazy and hinder progress and growth.

Pros

Can be relaxing

Cons

Can be stressful

Terrible

Not considered a human being here. Work 12hr days and not expected to live a life. Management is ineffective and company is top heavy. No respect or gratitude for the ppl who make their product

Great coworkers, terrible management

Used to really be a great place to work, sadly things have gone downhill. There used to be a family like atmosphere and it truly seemed like the company cared for its employees. The recent sale of the company has totally shifted this. Everything seems to be bottom line driven with little care as to how changes will effect employees.

Pros

Benefits, satisfying work

Cons

Hours, management

It pays but management is bad.

When it comes to making money you can do so with overtime. But the management their is not a good one. If you call them out on something that is wrong they will target you until you quit or get fired. I was there for 3 years and in that time a supervisor on crew 4 went through so many employees and was taken to HR at least 10+ times. Hr and corporate did nothing. I had no problem on the other crews I was on. I was on crew 4 for 8 months and after a incident where the supervisor on crew 4 was trying to short my hours. Then when I wanted to stay a different location the supervisor went after me on things he never brought to my attention. Other than that supervisor, corporate and HR not helping the workers, It is a okay place to work.

Pros

overtime, benefits

Cons

management, policy

Result focussed and not employee focussed.

I work in IT and not to good for It consultant. Your work load will be nearly 200%. You won't be having breathing time. Company won't care about your learning and growth plan. Performance is not based on 360 feedback. It is solely on manager and bureaucracy. Anytime anybody can be promoted laterally because your manger likes you. Company is focused solely on its growth plan and profit. If you are looking for a place to fill-in go for it. But otherwise, not good for staying long term. Good for those who have less than 5 years of exp.

Great company to work for.

Great opportunity to work for a good company.Health care field, great field to work in, endless work, great opportunity to learn, perfect your people skills.

Pros

Health Care Field

Cons

Health Care Device Repair Field Endless Work !

Great company to work for!

I love the company for what they do. However management and disgruntled workers there tarnish its company's business and make a difficult environment to work in. A few employees make it hard to there to be honest.

Pros

Compensation and career-oriented

Cons

Short breaks, a few bad co-workers

An amazing organization to work for.

Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an organization that provide the tools and training for development in order for the employee be a partner meet the goals and objective to improve the wellbeing of thousands of patients around the world

Pros

Great culture.

Cons

Management tend to not recognize their employees talents and skills

Just a paycheck

Management is a joke, the place is more of a reactive than a proactive company. Anyone below supervisor role is looked down upon and the company as a hole tries to cover up most issues instead of fixing them.

Pros

Cafeteria and gym located in the building.

Cons

Management, under employed, unappreciative and poor pay brackets.

Poorly managed and just getting worse.

Started here with high hopes was quickly made aware that my opinions and ideas not only didn’t matter but as a women I felt horribly disrespected by the men “above” me in the company. This is a total “good ole boys” club company. Working with my actual customers and doing the job I was hired for was great when I started but as they piled more and more responsibilities, more and more sales, and added another entirely different dept. One year they gave us a completely reasonable goal to meet in order to get our bonuses and the following year they made it so unattainable that they have now lost at least a dozen people in less then two months. The stress, responsibilities, non-stop all hours of the day and night calls, and “homework” assignments pushed me to go back to the bench as an MLS I’d rather take a pay cut then deal with this company EVER again.

Pros

Company car

Cons

Literally everything else.

Productive and Professional place to work

I worked for OrthoClinical Diagnostics for several years and always found something new to learn and enjoyed the professional environment. Coworkers were for the most part friendly and helpful.

Pros

Regular meetings to update employees on any changes, and how the company stands, on projects. Celebrations after successful completion of projects. Low health insurance costs.

Cons

none that I can think of

Great benefits and pay

Good company to work for. I have been there for 5 years. Excited to see what the company plans are for the future. People are very welcoming and helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?