Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
3,6 out of 5 stars.

Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Employee Reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Ortho Clinical pays well but is not considerate concerning an employee’s health.

Ortho Clinical is an excellent company to work for in terms of pay and other employees you may work with. Some of the management have a tendency to over manage employees that they think are trying to get away with not working. Unfortunately, some managers don’t talk to the employee to find out if there is something that may be affecting what they think they are seeing. Communication between manager and employees can be lacking and this can cause a toxic work environment.

Pros

Travel if you like that.

Cons

Lack of breaks, long hours, large territory

Established company, w complex processes & products. Onboarding is non-existent, making it difficult to succeed.

I was a Sr Project Mgr , Contract. The biggest challenge was trying to manage a project following very complicated processes, with almost NO onboarding. Company culture was difficult, and while I established relationships with some, the non-collaborative atmosphere made me feel like I was not part of a team, or wrong all the time.

Extremely bad managment

Extremely bad management. Leadership is LOST.Can't be reasoned with.Management demand more and more with less and less people.Bad Equipment support on certain products

Pros

the time off I can get

Cons

working for super stupid management.

Chaotic but progressing

Work was very unpredictable, sometimes extremely busy and often almost boring due to lack of structure and vision. This was mainly due, however to major changes and transitions

No work life balance.24x7 customer support.Even employees are on leave.they need to work and also cancel the leave and join back.

Excellent company for Back office , HR, Sales Jobs.Worst company for Customer support roles .Organization is fully customer focused.not employee focused.Also biasing work culture.If you belongs to bosses side you will graw.But if you think for company benifit and not bosses side.you will be corner a side.Your ideas are not welcome.Bosses ideas and plans already decided.

You won’t find too many places like this to work, atmosphere is great, staff are friendly, room to grow, the recruiting specialist are very helpful, I would recommend to anyone 10/10!

Top employer if you are a good performer

Great company with excellent pay structure, leadership with a growth focus and a value on high performance. Many people staying with the company 20+ years. Benefits are fair, advancement for top performers, and a wide range of opportunities for those who have transferrable skills. Value on diversity and different ways of approaching issues.

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Es una empresa con gente valiosa, lo cual ayuda para poder hacer un buen trabajo, algunas personas con carácter especial, buen salario y buen trato

Pros

Muy buena prestaciones

Cons

Nivel Dirección en área de servicio a nivel LATAM, deja que desear su visión, le falta conocimiento del área y empatía con los colaboradores, no está ubicado en México.

Company’s core business great management poor

Company core business excellent- Managed on expired old non successful individuals - belong to a “click” or be left out - non diverse in culture and understanding

Contractor - Sr. Contracts Manager - Low Pay

The position is for a paper pusher and does not allow for any decision making. You prepare a contract and pass along to someone else. If a $700K deal included a $100 reduction or credit then it had to be reviewed by the Director's committee.I started working 19.5 hours per week and was asked if I would like to work 40 hours per week and responded yes. It took over 4 months. Then they informed me they would like me as a permanent employee, if I was interested and they will obtain the proper approvals. This process took 6 months and the only reason is someone left the company, so they had no real plans to add me as permanent employee.I applied and was provided an offer sheet to review. The offer was $35,000 - $45,000 under market. We discussed and I explained that the offer was no where near market salary. The response was the offer had to remain in line with the other Sr. Contracts Managers, which all are located in Rochester, NY. I explained that Rochester, NY has an approximately 45% lower cost of living rate. Response was they may be able to raise salary $5,000.It was a strange environment. The team was great and assisted with any request or help I needed. Once everyone went to their work area you did not see them again during the day. There were a couple of contracting systems but neither one could produce a contract from start to finish. Really not enough work to remain busy.

Pros

The Team was excellent. They would take the time to answer questions and/or provide training.

Cons

Pay, had to prepare contracts in the manner that someone else wanted, we all have different methods of reaching the same end product, not enough work.

Productive and helpful atmosphere that has focus on the person

Productive and helpful atmosphere that has focus on the person. Good pay. Management aware of contributions of the individual. Help always a phone call away.

Old boys club

You’ll only succeed if you fit the mold and someone happens to like you; otherwise no advancement or utilization of your full skillset. Bull headed and micro management from far too high up the food chain gets in its own way. Otherwise people are cordial

Pros

Remote capabilities….for now

Cons

Micro upper managers offering superficial support

Toxic and poorly managed.

This is a really bad place to work. The expectations are "just do what I say". The company moto: It always worked in the past why should we change. The company saying: Every test is a dollar. Good luck and watch your back.

Pros

Lots of overtime. 35-40%.

Cons

Everything else.

鵜呑みにしてはいけない

成長市場、働く価値、待遇。一見すると、魅力的に見えるが、顧客を獲得、維持するのに、苦労は多い。人の生命に関わる製品だけに、しっかり覚悟をして臨むべき。

Pros

革新的な姿勢。

Cons

苦労が尽きない。

Do yourself a favor and find something else...

You work 12 hours where everything and everybody works against you. Management will hear and agree with you about all the ongoing issues, but will do nothing to resolve any of those issues. The workplace culture is a dog eat dog world. The hardest part of the job is meeting managements high expectation for output on your machine. The only enjoyable part of the job is working talking to other people that hate their job because the company is going downhill in all aspects of the word. Trust me, you can find jobs that pay more for less stress.

Pros

Cons

everything

Great working environment

Everyone here shares the values of the company and it is reflected in how they interact with each other on a daily basis. High-quality work is expected as the patient is always first.

terrible managment

Ive been with the company for over 10 years and it has only gotten worse the work load keeps increasing while the staff is getting shorter they expect us to work 6 to 7 days a week giving up time with our families and the new management team has no idea what they are doing the holidays are coming up and they have full schedules those weeks which means a lot of the staff cant take vacation and they usually don't allow employees to roll over vacation so a lot of people are losing vacation hours overall a terrible place to work and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mass exodus very soon

Pros

bonuses

Cons

management staffing shortages overloaded work schedule failing equipment

Overal Decent place to work with some of the usual challenges

Daily tasks are straightforward; pretty autonomous. I don't hear from my manager unless there is a scheduling issue or if a page goes unanswered. Inventory management takes more time than it should. Since going public there is more pressure for KPIs, but we have less control over them and some are actually conflicting. There is also increased pressure to reduce inventory while at the same time reducing return trips for parts. Culture is much the same as most medium size companies; do your job, get paid, and stay below the radar.

Pros

Company vehicle with gas card, decent time off

Cons

usually have to work through lunch, micromanagement at times

Management seems oblivious to the problems they are facing

They are completely unwilling to acknowledge there is an impending problem (personnel, equipment, scheduling) until it is too late. There is no anticipation or long term planning. The view is so short sided, it may be intentional. It would not surprise me if portions of the Rochester business is simply gone in the next few years.

Good environment

I enjoyed working here. It has its ups and downs. Job security is a big thing. There isn’t much of it. However the culture isn’t too bad. Some people can be very lazy and hinder progress and growth.

Pros

Can be relaxing

Cons

Can be stressful

Terrible

Not considered a human being here. Work 12hr days and not expected to live a life. Management is ineffective and company is top heavy. No respect or gratitude for the ppl who make their product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance