Overdrive Employee Reviews

3,0
Great mission; being choked out by new parent company
Account Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH28 September 2017
The company's mission is to "Create Reading Happiness", and everyone there is absolutely passionate about it. There's really some great work coming out of that place. The CEO gets pretty single-minded when he has an idea, which can stand in the way of the overall company goals at times. The recent acquisition by Rakuten has brought about some organizational improvements, but they also seem to be continually tightening the reigns.
Pros
Great people, company events, professional growth opportunities, option to work from home occassionally
Cons
Low salaries, favoritism toward family members at the top
ben ainte lboral
secretria (Former Employee) –  lima peru5 April 2017
es un trabajo traqilo solo era cuestion de ganar al ciente y animarlo en comprar los paquetes que ofreciamos para sacar su licenci de conducir.
Pros
horario de salida fijo
Cons
se demoraban en pagarlas comciones
Tempory contract with BOC Gasses
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Swansea26 February 2016
Part time contract with BOC Gasses, Port Talbot, delivering Gas cylinders in South and West Wales, with a view to full time employment with BOC
Pros
Good way of finding full time employment
Cons
Out in all weathers
5,0
Creative freedom, growth opportunity and a great atmosphere!
Social Media Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH19 June 2015
Since I started at OverDrive nearly three years ago I have been surrounded by outstanding coworkers, management who have given me creative freedom and support as well as great benefits. At the end of last year we moved into a brand new, state of the art facility complete with a basketball court, walking path, golf hole, endless creative space and a fitness facility that is coming soon.

There is never a slow time at OverDrive as there is always a new product or campaign to market and move forward with. OverDrive has given me the opportunity to grow as a person, see the country through traveling for conferences and events as well as provided me flexibility in my work schedule to handle person matters and issues.
Pros
In my position I have had the opportunity to work with the majority of the staff, from summer interns and new hires all the way to management, the executive and Steve Potash, our CEO. Everyone has shown professionalism and an excitement to push the company to grow, which starts from Steve's vision and true passion for libraries, their patrons and readers in general.
5,0
great company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barnet, ENG15 May 2014
no longer in action, business was sold and went bust, family company.
Traveling Staffed Sales Event Company
Finance Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TN25 July 2012
With this job I traveled all over the U.S. I was in a diferent city ever week for 2 years. I loved it at first then after I did not get to go home for 16 weeks & was promised to get to go home 1 week out of evey 4 it got hard to deal with. I tuffed it out for 2 years then had to give it up. However my children are grown now so I may enjoy that again. My co-workers & fellow managment team were great to work with. The best part & the worst part all in one was the traveling. I would fly from Washington State to Maryland. So across country I went weekly. I did get to see 43 states though.
Pros
traveling
Cons
traveling