Red Bull Employee Reviews

3,0
Good place to work if you dont have a family.
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CA19 April 2019
As long as you can play the part..... like be the guy who always wants to hit 100% of the goals they give you even though they will mess you up in the long run. You have a sales number to hit every month and if you dont hit at least 90% of that you WONT get paid out. That's a big ouch to your commission check. Sometimes. It's hard to hit your number month to month.
Pros
Good benefits. Lots of overtime
Cons
Long days, long meetings, lots of expectations! Terrible commission structure
Great Place to work
Full-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA12 April 2019
My time a red bull was excellent. The work was fast paced and the people were very friendly. The culture there was fantastic. If there was more potential for career advancement I would have stayed.
Eh
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Aston, PA11 April 2019
Not a TERRIBLE company to work for. Just don't expect to be promoted unless you're willing to relocate. Pay is decent as long as you hit your goals...
5,0
Fun environment for a first marketing position
Mobile Marketing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO10 April 2019
Management was a bit unorganized during my time there, but it helped me make independent decisions on day - to - day work. The relaxed environment was important for me to understand what an ideal full-time will be like me in my future.
Great company for Sales and Distribution
Sales and Distribution (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC7 April 2019
I started as a bulk driver and have moved my way to the top. Red Bull really wants you to move up and learn everything you possibly can about the industry their in. The benefits they have are like none other I have ever seen in the distribution industry. They really want you to sell and hit your numbers, the DSM's care about the guys who run the routes and want to help them with whatever they can. There really is a team vibe here, you just can't be afraid of hard work.
Pros
Help whenever it is available.
3,0
Long days, poor Management.
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA5 April 2019
Long days, poor pay setup. Commission should be more. Management is not much of a help to put you in the proper position to succeed and enjoy coming to work daily.
Pros
Weekends off, benefits, fast paced.
Cons
Long hours, extreme weather conditions, a lot of unnecessary driving between stops.
3,0
Not my finest job, wasn't for me anyways.
Mobile Sales and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MI3 April 2019
Red Bull was an okay place to work, you have to deliver to different stores/and take care of the money transactions yourself. You have to try and upsell to customers as well.
Its fair
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 March 2019
Time restraint
Too many stores
Need to pay more for mileage
Great if you need money wanna work a little
Free health insurance
Free redbull
Free uniforms
Pros
Stability
Cons
Not enough hours
Positive
Senior Manager, Sporting Operations (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NJ20 March 2019
Overall a positive experience. It has strong core values and a good atmosphere. It is a competitive environment but it is well balanced with teamwork.
1,0
Asm position
Account sales manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 March 2019
No balance, incompetent management, unrealistic sales goals, favoritism, sexism, and a fake culture. Place was a soap opera. If you're white, the sky is the limit. If you're black, or Hispanic....enter at your own risk. Different sets of rules for different people. Some can steal, lie, cheat, and use any means necessary to be successful with very little consequences. Others just have a target on their back for not being fake. If they like you, you can get caught stealing, do drugs at a company event, or act like an idiot at a work function. If they don't like you, they'll invent a reason to get rid of you.
Pros
Great benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Dying brand, no work-life balance.
Fun Job
Wings (Marketing) (Former Employee) –  BR19 March 2019
• Define routes and approaches for potential new customers in the various occasions of consumption of Red Bull;
• Identify trends;
• Acting in conjunction with the Marketing team doing actions in the events related to culture and sport;
• Attend team meetings and training sessions;
• Provide feedback on field actions and generate partnership for Field marketing Specialist.
Culture d'entreprise
Assistant au service Digital & Media Channels (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)17 March 2019
La cohésion et l'esprit d'équipe sont les maitres mots de cette entreprise, en tout cas, de mon point de vue.
Great Benefits But Doesn't Develop It's People
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA14 March 2019
Red Bull doesn't know how to keep good talent. Turnover is high at the corporate level as their is no vision for career growth. Things are highly political and those who can play the game are the ones who get ahead.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Career Development
5,0
Great Company, with room to grow.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL12 March 2019
A typical day at work included scheduling your route, and managing your time efficiently in order to service all stores requiring a visit on each given day.

Firstly, waking up at home, and being able to drive directly to your first account, without being required to check in at an office is something not many get to experience. This provides flexibility and freedom to you as an employee, however they WILL know if you try to take advantage of the system.

Very enjoyable given that everybody loves a job that allows you freedom of not being stuck in a cubicle all day, and this job did exactly that, helping time pass quicker.

The management is great, and there's definitely a sense of teamwork, however the Full Time ASM's and the Part Time Merchandisers should be required to work closer together in an effort to improve all aspects of each account they service.

The most difficult part of the job would be ensuring there is enough stock of the proper SKUs in each account, given that as a Part Time Merchandiser, you are in the stores the most, however are not the one creating the orders.
Pros
not stuck in an office, choose your own lunch time
Cons
part-time low hours, must use personal vehicle
5,0
Interactive and flexible job with lots of learning opportunities
sales increase in the NWA area (Former Employee) –  Arkansas6 March 2019
Working at Red bull gave me the opportunity to test my professional skills and people skills. During a shift or, "mission," two of us would go to white-collar businesses in Northwest Arkansas and offer a complimentary sample of red bull. "Usually our biggest competitor is Monster but in the workplace it's coffee." With a solid amount of vendors doing business in Bentonville and Rogers, we had a large amount of people to win over with out product. We would do so by providing information about our product's contents and comparing ingredients with other sources of energy and caffeine. We would track consumption patterns to report mack to our manager by asking questions like "how often do you drink Red Bull?" Or if they say they don't like it we would just simply ask "why?"
Our schedule was also extremely flexible. We would get "mission assignments" every two weeks and from the comfort of our own home we would strategically plan locations to visit in the area. A mission is usually 4-6 hours long. We also got to go on our calendar in the portal and mark our unavailability so when our supervisor (based in Memphis) went to assign each of us to certain shifts, if we are unable to work your name will not come up as an option to cover that shift.
The hardest part of the job was the 7AM shifts. Our office is based in Springdale, so about 20 minutes from where I lived. So I would have to wake up at 5 am to shower, blow dry my hair, and put on makeup. Our appearance for the job was supposed to be "first date ready," so we couldn't just roll out of bed and show up.
The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job was going to campus and handing out Red Bull to people I know and making everyone's day. If we have a really slow mission and are barely sampling any cans, the first time someone lights up when you hand them one, or when an entire office gives us a standing ovation when we walk in, then that's what really makes the job so enjoyable.
Loved this job!
Pros
free Red Bull, flexible hours, smiling faces, opportunity to travel, opportunity to grow
Cons
hard to take up all of the time during a shift
4,0
Fun, fast-paced environment to work
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WI5 March 2019
I have enjoyed my time at Red Bull! A typical day for me involves a morning meeting with the team to go over programs and sales objectives deemed important towards our bottom line, counting and then distributing product to a routed client base, and using sales techniques to convince customers to give Red Bull a larger presence in-store. Management at all levels go out of their way to help you, or point you in the right direction of help. It was a shock to see higher-ups at the company coming out into the field with our reps, but they make it a point! This contributes to an overall stellar workplace culture. The hardest part of the job by far is dealing with rejection. As with any sales job, you will hear no far more often than yes at first. Being able to deal with that and work through it is a must. Also, if physical labor is not your thing, look elsewhere. Although not grueling by any means, there is a lot of moving around on the job. You will be driving, walking, and pushing and pulling product despite the weather. On the flipside, the most enojoyable part of this job is finally hearing a customer say yes to a sales pitch. Also, the benefits are top notch. I will say that the pay fluctuates due to the ever changing landscape of sale which can suck, but if you hit your goals you can make a decent amount per year. Overall, this is a good place to look if you are looking for an entry level sales position with a reputable company.
confidential
aerodynamics assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 March 2019
confidential sorry signed a contract that said i was not aloud to talk about my experience to other employers. (it was during the Grand Prix) sorry again
Redbull
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  east coast3 March 2019
3 meetings per week averaging 30 minutes to 2 hours, still required to make sure all scheduled stops are serviced
hours can be long
your told to manage route but DM's always seem to ask why you didn't service a stop(sell in cases).
told work day should average under 10 hours but questioned when you manage to keep your day under that threshold
your responsible for your territory. any stops missed by replacement ASM while your off is your responsibility.
any scheduled work not done by merchandisers on weekends is your responsibility
Pros
good benefits
Cons
mismanagement, micro-management
Good Company.
Foodservice Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA3 March 2019
Good company, definitely have to drive your own path and will not be coddled. Must be a driven go getter and design your own future within the company. Not a ladder system for promotional growth.
Competitive and stressful
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA2 March 2019
Good career start up. Company teaches you how to sell. Wouldn’t recommend staying more than 5 years. Better companies with better pay structure and less work involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Bull. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1