Republic Services Reviews

Alle 1.764 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Poor Management
Equipment Operator (voormalige medewerker) –  Wheeling, WV3 juli 2018
Very poor management. Talk down to you with no respect. Worked to death with little appreciation. You were made to feel guilty if you didn't work on your days off. Bad management caused us to work 65-70 hours per week. No family/work life. Safety was a big concern until it cost money. Brought many safety concerns and it went on deaf ear.
Pay
Poor Management
Avoid at all cost
N/A (voormalige medewerker) –  Ft. Meyers, FL3 juli 2018
Worst management ever. Starts at the top, and goes all the way down. Both shifts have roughly 8-10 employees, and 20-30 temps. Every day at lunch, 2-10 temps walk out due to working conditions.

All workers are overworked and underpaid. There isn't a person there who would stay if they had another option.

Unsafe acts are the norm. Work in confined spaces is unregulated. Lock out tag out is only randomly enforced.

Plant is starting to fall apart due to lack of maintenance. Lots of downtime. When the plant goes down for repair, all employees are sent home. Sometimes maintenance personnel are sent home, too.
It's a job
Support Analyst (Corporate) (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC3 juli 2018
This job is very tedious and paying attention to detail was very important. We occasionally had company events planned around certain events or holidays to break the long, very fast paced and tedious days.
Pluspunten
Pay was okay. Free weekends were great.
Minpunten
Work was so focused that there wasn't alot of down time.
Bedrijfscultuur
trucks are good. management not so much
DRIVER (huidige medewerker) –  Boise, ID3 juli 2018
The work is steady and boring. Management will put you aside if youre not in proper clique. Status was a clear line drawn in the sand. Theres no grey area.
Bedrijfscultuur
this is the most unrewarding place to work at.
Sorter/Packer (voormalige medewerker) –  Seattle, WA3 juli 2018
This company is very difficult to work at in which there is no hard work like this company. Not only you have keep a fast pace throughout the whole 8 hours or more.
Bedrijfscultuur
Very stressfull, constantly adding more work
Dispatch, Customer Service (voormalige medewerker) –  Fairmont, WV2 juli 2018
Very stressful, constantly adding more work. Management will give you their work duties until you can't keep up. Policy states in their job description that management can add to you job duties if they feel there is a need.
lots of perks
Minpunten
Management hides in their offices and constantly pile more work on you.
Fun workplace
Driver/Laborer (voormalige medewerker) –  Fall River, MA2 juli 2018
Job was consistent you are safe if you had a contracted prevailing wage town you didn't have to swing drive. It was a fair place to work for worked with a lot of good people
Don't get comfortable
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (huidige medewerker) –  Northern Virginia2 juli 2018
Upper management can't be trusted as well as HR. Favoritism runs big here especially in Northern Virginia, if your not in the right group you mind as well quit.
good work place
REAR LOADER TRASH TRUCK DRIVER (huidige medewerker) –  Bridgeton, MO1 juli 2018
I have learned the meaning of work we are helping with the recycling. I have never had a bad run in with management. the hardest part of the job is working outside.
alway work
good work place
good place to work
Frontload Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Edwardsville, IL1 juli 2018
was a good plase to work a little stressful but still a good place to work hours long but paid well vacation time was fair trucks was in good shape nice
If i can make it here..
Employee (huidige medewerker) –  Mobile, AL28 juni 2018
Depending on your position in the ranks you will begin your day way before the sun comes up, Pray the maintenance team works on your truck the night before so you don't break down some time thru the day so you can get your route up and go home.
Day rate
Minpunten
no life outside this job
Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Boise, ID26 juni 2018
Things would be better if they paid more money by the hour . I feel that they really need to take the time out to listen to the drivers and what they’re legitimate complaints are
Organized
Driver CDL Class A (Residential) (voormalige medewerker) –  St. Louis, MO26 juni 2018
Very organized, employee worked together to get the work completed in a timely fashsion. Flexible work days, pay was good. Work until job was completed
Responsible for managing all aspects of the Business Unit
General Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Yuma, AZ25 juni 2018
Republic Services has given me the opportunity to operate multiple sites with increasing responsibility. I have managed all aspects of the business unit from A to Z.
Excellent bonus potential
Minpunten
Corporate taking more decisions from local managers.
Long days
Residential Truck Driver - Recycling and Waste (huidige medewerker) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN25 juni 2018
my route was good until it was changed on me weekly. I was injured at work. I have been taken care of good. The days were long and very short breaks and everyday was informed to run and help others. hours were long and pay wasn't that great.
N/A
N/A
Customer Service
Customer Service Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC24 juni 2018
Never clear what work will be on any given day and no forward guidance. Lots of management people but little to no explanation of company plans to deal with call flow or guidance to workers.Not enough people to process calls and order flow. Cust hold time consistently over 1/2 hour and many times longer, for months.
Nice call center
Minpunten
Too much work left undone. Not enough employees.
Call Center Republic Services
online support specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC22 juni 2018
A company with a good vision of the future of waste management but issues arriving at the goal. The balance between resource and demand is not realized.
Bedrijfscultuur
Close to home and a great Manager.
Dispatcher (voormalige medewerker) –  Hudson, FL22 juni 2018
The job was great working with truck drivers, doing data entry, troubleshooting problems, maintaining records and DOT logs. The position taught me patience, you have to have patience when dealing with people. The hardest part of the job was staying to all hours of the night for the last truck and the most enjoyable part was the data entry, loved to do that.
Pluspunten
Close to home, loved my Manager, did so many different tasks you never got sick of any one of them, the manager was always buying lunch
Minpunten
No breaks, just a lunch if you were lucky, supervisor that did not like me and cause me all sorts of problems, too long of hours
Bedrijfscultuur
It was an okay place to work
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Jenison, MI21 juni 2018
I had a few great managers while I worked for this company. They were pretty understanding when it came to family/work life balance and my job wasn't hard at all. My manager allowed us to work on our own as long as our job was done.

My main complaint was that there was a lack of communication we never really knew what was going on it seemed like things were kept secret until it was necessary for us to know and the lack of job advancement. I initially went back to college to get my degree because of the lack of advancement. If there would have been an opportunity to grow and move within the organization I'm pretty sure I would have stayed with the company even if it meant relocating.
Pluspunten
Managers were pretty cool and got along with the coworkers
Minpunten
lack of communication and job advancement.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great Company to work for.
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV20 juni 2018
Great place to work, had a lot of support from my supervisor. They work with you to help you grow and learn to meet their expectations on the job you are doing.
Pluspunten
They responded to annual survey's and worked to fix the issues.
Minpunten
Pay on the low side but still great company
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Republic Services. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag