Republic Services Reviews

Alle 1.811 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Responsible for managing all aspects of the Business Unit
General Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Yuma, AZ25 juni 2018
Republic Services has given me the opportunity to operate multiple sites with increasing responsibility. I have managed all aspects of the business unit from A to Z.
Excellent bonus potential
Minpunten
Corporate taking more decisions from local managers.
Long days
Residential Truck Driver - Recycling and Waste (huidige medewerker) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN25 juni 2018
my route was good until it was changed on me weekly. I was injured at work. I have been taken care of good. The days were long and very short breaks and everyday was informed to run and help others. hours were long and pay wasn't that great.
Customer Service
Customer Service Specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC24 juni 2018
Never clear what work will be on any given day and no forward guidance. Lots of management people but little to no explanation of company plans to deal with call flow or guidance to workers.Not enough people to process calls and order flow. Cust hold time consistently over 1/2 hour and many times longer, for months.
Nice call center
Minpunten
Too much work left undone. Not enough employees.
Call Center Republic Services
online support specialist (voormalige medewerker) –  Charlotte, NC22 juni 2018
A company with a good vision of the future of waste management but issues arriving at the goal. The balance between resource and demand is not realized.
Bedrijfscultuur
Close to home and a great Manager.
Dispatcher (voormalige medewerker) –  Hudson, FL22 juni 2018
The job was great working with truck drivers, doing data entry, troubleshooting problems, maintaining records and DOT logs. The position taught me patience, you have to have patience when dealing with people. The hardest part of the job was staying to all hours of the night for the last truck and the most enjoyable part was the data entry, loved to do that.
Pluspunten
Close to home, loved my Manager, did so many different tasks you never got sick of any one of them, the manager was always buying lunch
Minpunten
No breaks, just a lunch if you were lucky, supervisor that did not like me and cause me all sorts of problems, too long of hours
Bedrijfscultuur
It was an okay place to work
Administrative Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Jenison, MI21 juni 2018
I had a few great managers while I worked for this company. They were pretty understanding when it came to family/work life balance and my job wasn't hard at all. My manager allowed us to work on our own as long as our job was done.

My main complaint was that there was a lack of communication we never really knew what was going on it seemed like things were kept secret until it was necessary for us to know and the lack of job advancement. I initially went back to college to get my degree because of the lack of advancement. If there would have been an opportunity to grow and move within the organization I'm pretty sure I would have stayed with the company even if it meant relocating.
Pluspunten
Managers were pretty cool and got along with the coworkers
Minpunten
lack of communication and job advancement.
Bedrijfscultuur
Great Company to work for.
Customer Service Associate (voormalige medewerker) –  Las Vegas, NV20 juni 2018
Great place to work, had a lot of support from my supervisor. They work with you to help you grow and learn to meet their expectations on the job you are doing.
Pluspunten
They responded to annual survey's and worked to fix the issues.
Minpunten
Pay on the low side but still great company
productive
Desiel mechanic (huidige medewerker) –  Springfield, MO20 juni 2018
always busy, always something to fix or work on. stressful job but the company as a whole is great. they take great care of their employees. wages are one of the highest in town and it's only 4 day work week. maintenance manager if very understanding and cares, takes care of all problems
Generally decent place
Business Unit Controller (voormalige medewerker) –  Terre Haute, IN20 juni 2018
Generally decent place

Hours are dictated must conform to DOT requirements

Upper management is a bit disengaged from the field

Company is evolving as probably needs to as it matures

Culture and workplace is largely dictated by local management/GM
Stable, well capitalized
Becoming more centralized
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 1Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Safe and great place to work
Roll off driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Winchester, VA20 juni 2018
Safe and great place to work. Would like to go back if posible. I loved the people I worked with. Not much room for advancement but that was ok . I was happy.
Not fun
Garbage Truck Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL19 juni 2018
Long hours of work 6 days a week, and the paid is not the best for the amount of work you supposed to do daily basis and very stressful to the employee
Short break
Bedrijfscultuur
I love hard working jobs
Slinger (voormalige medewerker) –  Tampa, FL19 juni 2018
Well one thing I can say it was a great job they payed good and was off on Saturday and Sunday sometimes on Saturday through but under then that it was good.
Free food
Minpunten
How long you want your break to be.
Na
Special Waste Coordinator for Industrial Services (huidige medewerker) –  Houston, TX18 juni 2018
NA...not comfortable with this. this should not be part of a job search process. this is none of this websites business. this should be optional not a required field.
Was deze review waardevol?JaNee 4Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Decent job when no other option is around (Temp agency)
Recycling Sorter (voormalige medewerker) –  Haltom City, TX16 juni 2018
Keep in mind this review is from someone who was working via the employment of a temp agency, which I do not recall the name of. This job was also worked a significant time ago, and due to the temp agency, I was provided with no benefits whatsoever.

The job itself was extremely fast-paced, requiring at least 30 picks a minute to be done on the job when able, with mandatory safety equipment provided by the agency such as gloves, glasses, reflective vest, sleeves, and helmet. However, at times it can be stressful, especially if you are trying to avoid a needle stick from the common needle or another hazard when your gloves ware away, which by the end of the week is a frequent occurrence as the provided gloves degrade to the point that the protective rubber matting is torn away to reveal either the fabric under it or entirely to an unguarded hand. These gloves were replaced every Monday, but you still had to worry about this when Friday came (Or Saturday, if you had to work then)

I frequently heard reports of understaffing in the job, and I can confirm that this is true, as the temp agency was guilty of being very picky about who they picked and often let all of the would-be newcomers go, despite protests from the other workers about the lack of staffing and the high population of open spaces in the sorting areas, especially that of the main conveyor belt. In fact, come to think of it... I was among 5 who were selected to be studied and trained to work, and I was the only one given a job... and more often then not, the entire wave of potential new workers was turned away.
  meer... This understaffing issue also frequently led to us being forced to work on Saturdays, despite normally having off that day. (What determined if we worked or not that day was how much material we had and if it was threatening to spill out of the warehouse.

Ultimately, I decided to leave the job due to my college work being entirely blocked off by the issue of time in work. I have heard there were plans to build up from there with additional sorting belts, and it's been so long since I was there. So I do not know how much things have changed.
  minder
Pluspunten
Free provided water, hires felons, minimal skill required, vending machines with lunches are present
Minpunten
Short breaks, long hours, heavy understaffing problem, lunch is unpaid, similar hourly pay to jobs with less effort and dexterity requirements
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard work a lot of hours and great opportuinty.
Residential Driver (huidige medewerker) –  Hickory, NC14 juni 2018
I believe republic waste services gives employees a opportunity to make a decent wage to survive.

I would like to transfer to closer terminal to my house because it is a hour drive to work but the pay is okay.
Pluspunten
When you get overtime it helps.
Minpunten
It is a hour drive to work. and someitmes our trucks break down cant control that.
Great Company but too Commercialized
Lead Driver / Swing Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Houston, TX14 juni 2018
This is a great company to work for that has really good benefits. Unfortunately as the company grew their value of their employees decreased. I missed the old days where employees were seen as people and not disposable.
Not interested
Executive Administrative Assistant, Northeast Area (huidige medewerker) –  Berwyn, PA14 juni 2018
Not interested in rating this company or its managers or a work day
I did not like it there and I would never recommend anyone to work there managers and employees not friendly
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 1Rapporteren
Awesome! place to work
Account Manager (huidige medewerker) –  Revere, MA11 juni 2018
I enjoy my job everyday......................................................love my managers and piers company is very supportive and helpful. no complaints at all company will help you succeed. The sales department is awesome to work as long as you do your job nobody will bother you....
Pluspunten
Flexible hours sales are good
Worst place
Truck Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Yorktown, VA10 juni 2018
Don't do it worst place to work you think think you have found the promise Land but that's all they do is promise and and come up with excuses to not fufill the promises they make
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 2Rapporteren
Residential Helper (voormalige medewerker) –  Saint Augustine, FL10 juni 2018
There's really nothing to say about this company, besides that they are the biggest trash service company in the US. You can start as a helper and work your way up to supervisor, but that takes dedication and really hard work.
Good pay
Horrible hours, hard work
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Republic Services. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag