Skillz Employee Reviews

1,0
Toxic Gas Lighting Culture
Talent Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA31 October 2018
Most typical days your fellow non management employees are really amazing and friendly. The gas lighting culture by the founders that refuse to be wrong cause Skillz to be in a perpetual hiring cycle since they cannot retain employees for more than a year. Senior candidates refuse to join. You are constantly being belittled or yelled at publicly and in meetings.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many and it feels great to leave. Bro culture and not positive environment for women
Very good
Cricket Coach (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex15 October 2018
Skills was fantastic to work for as coaching young children is a passion of mine, and they enabled me to do this on a regular basis. The friendly vibe and atmosphere was great fun to work under.
5,0
Skillz has a fun environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MS2 September 2018
- The skillz was productive and busy environment. It was also fun and sometimes laid back as well. The company allowed you o get too know the customer and gain a report.
Pros
Able to set own schedule.
Relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA27 February 2018
Enjoyed My Time There. Would Work There Again. Very Relaxed Environment. Associates Are VERY Friendly And CARING. MOST Friendly Laidback Job I've EVER Had.
4,0
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA6 February 2018
Skillz was a great place to meet new people and learn new things. I enjoyed skills because of the fashion and clothes we sold. I had a great boss who was vert good at what he did.
Pros
great place
Cons
not enough money
L'esprit start up
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Togo20 January 2018
Skillz incarne le changement Togolais, véritable agence digitale Skillz crée du contenu spécialisé pour leurs clients. J'ai aimé travailler en autonomie ainsi que le coté créatif du métier.
Respective
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA21 July 2017
working at skills was interesting. I learned how to deal with difficult customers and situations. The management was ok. The most enjoyable part of the day was the weekend because we had a lot of customers to hel
Pros
breaks
Cons
clothes
4,0
Not A reliable place of employment
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH25 June 2017
Fast paced, great customers, owner makes constant changes to the format of daily activities to take place. Does not offer health insurance or vacation time or sick leave.
1,0
It was an ok place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA1 May 2017
I worked there for a little time it seemed a if me and my manager just stent connecting with each other so I just decided that it was time for me to leave
Hardwork was noticed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX7 November 2016
Worked at my own pace and had excellent help. Pay was excellent! Christian work environment. Always had a good team environment. Positive and uplifting.
Pros
can work at own pace
Cons
worked in extreme weather conditions
fun and great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 October 2016
my time at Skillz in the underground was great!. my coworker was amazing in different ways and my boss was a great hardworking man. Its a fun down to earth place to work at.
Excellent start up company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA19 October 2015
I enjoyed working for them for the couple of months I was there covering for a medical leave. This company was so much fun. I was able to actually play video games as part of the job description it was mandatory.
Pros
Free dinner and transportation reimbursement
Cons
Temp assisgnment
Proud to work for SKILLZ, LLC
Office Manager / Administrative Asst. (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 August 2014
I watched the companies product from beginning to end. Afterwards, handling any questions, concerns, and questions from costumers. I know first hand everyone was satisfied and happy with the company service and product.
Pros
Worked with my college schedule and also allowed some overtime when requested
2,0
Small Urban Clothing Company
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GA28 May 2014
As manager my responsibilities is to do anything and everything that needs to be done to make sure the store runs smoothly and effectively and to make our monthly sales goal.
2,0
Productive work day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 April 2013
I get to work and I tend to any clothing that needs fixing, hung, or put in a different place. I help any cutomers that come in and I ring them up when they have found all of their items.
Pros
fun employess
Cons
short breaks, unprofessional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skillz. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9Work/Life Balance