Spar Employee Reviews

Showing all 2.659 reviews
J’ai travailler chez Spar à gesves je m’y suis bien plus, c’était un job étudiant et donc avec mes études c’était difficile de continuer à accumuler job et études
Man sollte sich sehr gut überlegen ob man wirklich im Einzelhandel arbeiten möchte. Jeden zweiten Samstag Dienst meistens von 7-18 Uhr. Man steht unter Zeitdruck es muss viel und schnell gearbeitet werden und dazu noch schwere Produkte heben..
Pros
Essenszuschuss
Cons
Jeden zweiten Samstag Dienst, steht unter Druck, Schnelligkeit ist angesagt
I worked on Spar Lower Abbey Street in Dublin City Centre in 2018 for a number of months. The management was very professional and the store owners were exceptional people and it was great to get to know some good entrepreneurs. As far as I'm concerned SPAR is a great entry-level job or for unskilled workers or for someone looking to just get by during college. The pay is understandably uncompetitive but it is an easy job where you will learn some valuable customer service skills. If you are interested you will also become familiar with how convenience stores turnover a profit through the successful running of day to day business and this will be a valuable footstone in progressing into the business world or into higher management in other supermarket chains. To conclude it's a great stepping stone for someone starting out but don't stay there too long.
Pros
great stepping stone.
Cons
poor pay unsocial hours (sometimes) early mornings
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Spar is flexible and they allow you time with your family. You have plenty of time to spend with family. As long as the work gets done on time they're happyPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Spar are Fair wages per job. You don't work by the hour you work by the job. You are a subcontractor and not an hourly employeeJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Spar, I think once you get a route set up it's pretty much the same all the time.ManagementIn general, managers at Spar they are friendly and helpful.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Spar is encouragedOverallMy experience working at Spar is it convenient and friendly and helpful company to work for
Stressful,fast paced and the salary is not satisfying. The hours are long at times you dont have a transport to get home,also the supervisors are not patient with cashiers
Pros
Tea time
Cons
Spar does not train you. You have to watch videos they pay you 2.50 show how to do work . If you do a job a flat rate might be 9.50 do cards or 5.00 7.50 you drive to store . You dont make any real money unless you get a bunch of stores and in and out .Dont take taxes out just workmen comp. They spelled my last name on my check, not first twice . Hard to cash . You are a independent contractor but make nothing. two friends of mine worked there and quit. Never met a person from company yet all text,email or phone calls . Reporting work can be confusing and if you go over on projects hard time getting paid, if you do you don't know when. Not know what your getting paid is right.. wont be there too much longer myself ...looking new job. Speaking from 30 years retail experience..
exciting moment ,I started very well ,I enjoyed helping customers, worse part I work long hours an salary was lower than the other whom I started with
Cons
Work hardCustomer is always rightBe aware of events so you have enough stock Always try and maintain shop cleanlinessHave a pocket calculator as technology sometimes fails .
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Nincs összetartás, stresszes, barátságtalan légkör.A vezetők teljes érdektelensége, a kifizetéssel is machinálnak.
Pros
Nincs
Cons
Rövid szünet, állandó agresszív visszajelzések
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spar?
Spar is a stressful, challenging, you learn a lot about retail in 3 months, they train every staff member, empowering them with valuable skills, confectionery, cooking, merchandisers etc. I learned a lot in spar enjoying, to be a customer service champion for almost every year.
Pros
When your team did good always free lunch. And free birthday cakes for staff
Cons
Yes 12-9 shifts was really long
Great PeopleGreat StaffNever Any Problems With Wages Lots of OvertimeOne of The Best Retail Company's Out There Uniform Is Free AlsoStaff Discounts on Food and DrinksGreat Places To Gain Experience The Job Itself is Handy Out Overall Spar is a Good Place To Be
Pros
Great Job with No Stress
Arbeit wenige Stress, mit Kunden beraten, gute Kollegen
Pros
Kostenlose Mittagessen
Cons
Zusatzleistungen
Wichtig ist Freundlichkeit mit Umgang mit Kunden und Arbeitskollegen . Man sollte mit Stress umgehen können . Genaues Arbeiten ist wichtig. Nicht alles persönlich nehmen.
Pros
Zulagen ; zb; Kassageld usw
A polish group that protect themselves. They get the best shifts, best tasks, never have hours cut (because the manager is polish). Then, they literally take advantage of you. The manager is ridiculous. Don't want problems, bossy, dumb, bully and rude, even with customers. If you are not Irish or Polish, you will be bullied. They blame you for everything and give you the worst tasks. Not recommend this branch. The customers on the area are not nice. Some of them really stink.
Pros
Cons
Team. Bad customers.
To my review the staff members at Spar are not treated fairly there it depends on your race and gender when it comes to salaries, even when you have done something wrong you will be treated differently when you are a black person.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Normal hours
Pay & benefitsIndependent contractorOverallWell managed with great opportunity, very flexible scheduling with ample time to plan and organize your work life. System is easy to use and accessible by phone or computer for convenience.
Spar is very neat and follow their culture in every where always as fresh products their staff always on point managers know what their doing and always follow the procedure
Después de ser 3 años indefinido y con unas condiciones de hoy para mañana cambian sin avisarte, me trasladan de una zona a otra por petición mía y en llegar a la nueva zona no se respetan las condiciones marcadas desde dirección, el supervisor y los trabajadores de dicha zona vienen de una compra por parte de esta empresa y de deben favores del pasado por lo que la gente válida no les interesa.No lo recomiendo al menos en las zona de Valencia y Alicante.
I had 21 hours scheduled for my first week. I went in and they had a new store manager and half the resets were already completed. So I spent over 6 hours doing the other resets. The next time I went in was to do a Hallmark reset and service in Family Dollar. I was in there for 2.5 hours and got paid less than $12. I literally got $1 for a Hallmark seasonal switch out. Literally no OTJ training. Didn't even provide plan-o-grams for the greeting card reset or ongoing service. Not professional. I was not paid for the work I did.
Pros
The person I spoke with on the phone was nice.
Cons
Didn't get paid for all the work I did, Not provided with sufficient materials to do job efficiently, Not paid for all the training I was told I'd get paid for.
The company is excellent I am very satisfy to work there as a cashier I improve a lot my inner skill I hope the management must be maintain there quality and productivity.
Pros
Cons
Health care and break
Buen lugar para trabajar, cerca de casa, si te esfuerzas puedes ser promovido
Pros
Ambiente laboral bueno, empresa seria
  1. Employee Reviews